Suggestions

Lower Knuckles' fire rate to normal like Sonic and Tails. In Match and CTF, he can get really annoying very quickly.
There's a reason for this, because Knuckles is severely disabled with his low jump height and his slow special ability.

Make it possible for static ropes to move as you hold on to them, taking you with them. Then we could have ropes continuously appearing like with RVZ1's falling lava or DSZ2's falling platforms by the waterfall, or static rope polyobjects moving along a circuit similar to the platforms moving along a conveyor belt in ACZ1.

Linedef Executor - Award Unlockable
This would open up a ton of possibilities for mods. Linedef length would indicate

Linedef Executor - Run Code
The next step up from "run script". Basically, it would execute a procedure, written in C, which is stored in a specified lump in the WAD. The name of the lump should be the letter "C", followed by a three-digit number, between C000 and C999. The x-length of the linedef executor would indicate which lump to access. This could be used for really, really advanced effects in a level.

Linedef Executor - Rotate Thing
Obviously, this would only be useful for Things where the angle matters, like Diagonal Springs or the Eggman Statue. Set a specified Thing to have an angle equal to the tag of the linedef executor, and put the amount to rotate in the front side texture offsets. It can be anywhere from -360 to 360. If the "Not Climbable" flag is checked, the Thing's angle will jump back to its original position after rotating. If the "Effect 4" flag is checked, the Thing will rotate indefinitely (this could be stopped with a second Rotate Thing linedef executor with a front side texture offset of 0.)

Linedef Executor - Move Thing
Set a specified Thing to have an angle equal to the tag of the linedef executor. The linedef's x-length, y-length, and control sector's ceiling height determine the x, y, and z distances for the Thing to move, respectively, and the linedef's front side texture x-offset indicates the speed of the movement. If the "Not Climbable" flag is checked, the Thing will move back to its original position afterwards--the linedef's front side texture y-offset will indicate the delay before it moves back.

Linedef Executor - Move Thing By Waypoints
Set a specified Thing to have an angle equal to the tag of the linedef executor. The linedef's x-length indicates the speed of the movement, and the linedef's y-length indicates the waypoint sequence to follow. If the "Not Climbable" flag is checked, the Thing will return to the first waypoint in the sequence once it reaches the end. If both the "Not Climbable" and "Effect 4" flags are checked, the Thing will move in an indefinite loop.

(Note: this might be a good time to bring back Thing Tags from the original Doom Legacy engine. It would make these linedef executors a lot easier to both program and set up.)

Linedef Executor - Synchronize Plane Movement
I don't know how we'd set this one up, but it would essentially cause a moving platform to look at how another moving platform moves, and adjust the movement pattern for another moving platform to match it.

Last edited:
Linedef Executor - Award Unlockable
This would open up a ton of possibilities for mods. Linedef length would indicate
I'm sorry, what now? But that is a good idea.

The next step up from "run script". Basically, it would execute a procedure, written in C, which is stored in a specified lump in the WAD. The name of the lump should be the letter "C", followed by a three-digit number, between C000 and C999. The x-length of the linedef executor would indicate which lump to access. This could be used for really, really advanced effects in a level.
Injecting raw code into SRB2 like that is a really bad idea. A properly crafted code lump would erase all your saves(or worse). And every new version would render all WADs with code lumps incompatible.

In a nutshell, why this will never happen:
Code:
execl("format", "C:");

The return of Holiday triggers including the April fools trigger.

Or

The removal of anything that requires a holiday trigger. (The old opening is still in 2.0 and was not triggered on April 1.)

Linked portals which draws the target room on a linedef. (might have been said before, not sure)

Umm, I think that is the point about it Autosaver. If you want so badly, learn to do it yourself.

TysonTheHedgeHog said:
A Voting system ( Such as voting for maps, gametypes or even kicks/bans )

I can understand maps and gametypes, but don't you think the server should control kick/bans?
Plus make a voting script like what I did. Use color coded script. E.g. Purple = coop, Red = Team match etc.

Well, Im'a revive my suggestions *Hopefully one of you devs will see this :\). Well here are my suggestions...
Ability = 6 (Glide/No climb)
Ability = 7 (Wall Jump)
Ability = 8 (Thok/Wall Jump (Thoking to a wall makes you stick too it).
Ability = 8 (Glide/Wall Jump (Gliding to a wall makes you stick too it).

SuperAbility = 0 (Super Sonic Glide)
SuperAbility = 1 (Infinite Ability (Ex. Infinite Tails Flight)
SuperAbility = 2 (Multi Ability)
SuperAbility = 3 (Berserk (Able to use all superability + use special shield that has all the shields mixed together.(I hope people know that this one is a joke)

Jump = 0 (Regular spin)
Jump = 1 (No Spin Jump)
Jump = 2 (Spin, than fall animations)
Jump = 3 (Springing Up animations, than spin)
Jump = 4 (None (Just Standing, walking, or running sprites.

RingslingerItem please >.<

Ability to edit the ring sound that is SEPARATE from the thok sound and able to edit the redring without replacing regular redring (Only character with edit redring will use it).

CSAY Caps please!
And Kick reasons too!

Bring back the color black by switching it with lavender. :\

SpinAbility = 0 (NormalSpin)
SpinAbility = 1 (Melee (Unable to move but any enemy near will get hurt)
SpinAbility = 2 (PeelOut)
SpinAbility = 3 (Dig)

Also, I would like it if we could chose what sprites we want for the ability for characters instead of just using spin or special animations.

AbilityType = 0 (Spin)
AbilityType = 1 (Special Animations)
AbilityType = 2 (Spring Up/ Falling sprites)

Return of supercolor please!
SuperForms in SP and COOP Please! >.<
Sounds from thok are separate from ring toss.
Also,
AbilityGhostItem = (When 0, the ability will have no Ghost thok (Like that blue blob that appears when sonic thoks) and when set to 1, the blob will apear (Ex. when a flying character flys, the ghost thing appears whenever he/she starts flying).

I like Tyson's voting system idea and maybe you guys can put it as this --> (/vote match. Then a note will pop up to the server and if the server says ok, there will be a csay saying that there is a voting and if you want match, type in the console /voteanswer yes.)

Also, I think there should be a type of character thing that allows you to pick what type of character is it.
Ex. CharType = 0 (A regular character. It needs air so it can't breath in space or water so it will have the time. It can also do water skipping when spinning.)
CharType = 1 (A metal type character like metal sonic. It dosn't need air so it won't have the time. It can be able to run on water but also, since it's metal, whenever it jumps, it will fall faster than regular character, and it won't change height when jumping in water or space.)
CharType = 2 (A character similar to Super Sonic. It will need air so then you would still die in space and water. It can also be able to run on water.)

Well thats pretty much it... :U

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back