SRB2 Chaos Twilight V2b Released! (Page 15 news)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.

I don't know if anyone has already done this but...

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! DO NOT READ BELOW IF YOU WANT TO FIND THE EMERALD YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hints:
The emerald for the Desert Zone is not near the beginning.
It doesn't deal with water.
*** You need to search kind of hard (not all that hard)***

Even though probably everyone has found the emerald, PM me if you want me to tell you exactly where it is. [/b]

light the elementa said:
Ok.

I don't know if anyone has already done this but...

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! DO NOT READ BELOW IF YOU WANT TO FIND THE EMERALD YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hints:
The emerald for the Desert Zone is not near the beginning.
It doesn't deal with water.
*** You need to search kind of hard (not all that hard)***

Even though probably everyone has found the emerald, PM me if you want me to tell you exactly where it is. [/b]

That just gave at least half away, and NO ONE say it on the topic unless I allow them or I won't be impressed. After all, it is a game, and you have to put the effort in finding it yourselves.

Sorry, but I figured *everyone* had found it. Then again, maybe they hadn't, but at least i didn't say exactly where it was. That would ruin the fun.

Few bugs I found, think its best if I show a screenshot....

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj212/Blue9Knight/srb20003-1.png

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj212/Blue9Knight/srb20005-1.png

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj212/Blue9Knight/srb20004-1.png

Picture 1: Under the crubling FOF in the beggining of Melal Mechaninism, near the turrent and switch to the outside.

Picture 2: Me and Malici Got stuck in some quicksand, not sure if this is because of what you did, or if its a Srb2 bug.

Picture 3: Although Malici is in the way, there are some rings that are inside the FOF because the Z position is too low.

Thanks for the screens. Sorry I didn't reply, I've been busy with a few things. Anyways, let's get some stuff done here.

1. Thanks for spotting that. I saw 1 of those when I was making it, but I must of forgot to fix that one.

2. I checked all the bugs and that except the ring one you showed me. It must be a srb2 one, I'll check it later.

3. As I partly said in number 2. I need to fix the deaf tag on those rings.

Sorry to bump. but extreme announcement.

Version 1...is finally out!! I can't believe I've finally done it! go to first post of the offical topic for download and small updates! =D

Just a quick reminder to everyone. I left speace in the wad file name, and apparently it doesn't work if that happens so everyone please rename the wad to ChaosTwilightV1.wad without any spaces. Thanks!

HK

You finished it already?! :DDD YES!!!
Mind adding a Mediafire or SRB2FFH mirror, btw? Megaupload is so annoying. Will have a review after I finish playing through it. :)

You've got some problems in Galaxy Fortress, Hyper Knux. O_o The end sign in act 2 doesn't work, and the Final Boss keeps getting stuck in the pillars.

I don't know why, but as you have improved your level designing over time, it seems your sense of space has been altered. It seems that every new level you make is more cramped than the next, and this mod is a huge example of that. The layout of the levels was fine, but they just aren't enjoyable when they're built to this small of a degree. It messes with the flow. That seemed to be a major flaw that haunted most of the levels, they were setup fine, and looked great, but they were simply cramped. I don't know how to put it any other way.
Also, some levels suffered greatly of death pit abuse. Sometimes I would aim for a platform, jump to it, bounce off of a crawla, and be sent falling to my death. This happened too many times for comfort. Another side of this problem was the enemy placement; there was a bit too many all over the place. Weather I was jumping to a platform, running through a field, springing to a ledge, I could almost could very rarely do such things without getting hit once or twice while doing it. This makes the gameplay somewhat frustrating.
I found myself playing through the whole mod just to see the new levels at the end, and not to enjoy it all over again. It somewhat payed off.
The last level was better than the ones that had come before (with the exception of a couple of levels including Mineral Valley, which is one of my favorite zones to date). I liked the way you made the player go into space, and jump on the rocks floating around. That was nice, and a bit of fresh air. On the second zone, I was going through just fine until I approached a part that had blue springs, and some floating rocks above. I had one life left, and wasted it in the attempt to get to the rocks. I just ended up frustrated, and with a game over so I simply quit. I will finish the mod completely later, so my review might change then.

Urmm... to be honest with you, I sort of prefered the original version of the the first act of the first zone to the one in the new version, even though this version's not bad either.

The new version of that map, as well as some other maps in this mod, has undeafed rings. There's also an extra life that's too easy to get in that same map. Not only that, but I feel that there were too many death pits in all 3 acts of the first zone, as they cost me too many lives early on in the mod.

Later on, I decided to skip to the 7th zone, Galaxy Fortress. It was sort of OK, although it wasn't really that interesting.

The extra zone after that obviously was based on PAZ, but it was too easy and short, unlike PAZ.

Chaos Twilight Zone made it obvious that you were mimicking the levels from Mystic Realm. However, it wasn't that bad, since the level has you go through parts resembling parts of the 7 normal zones...

...and this is where my short review on the new levels in this mod stops, as I didn't manage to get further than the part resembling the Ice themed zone, since it was near my bedtime at that point.

And speaking of which, I have to go now for that same reason...

Sorry if this review wasn't all that well done.

Dr.Pepper said:
You've got some problems in Galaxy Fortress, Hyper Knux. O_o The end sign in act 2 doesn't work, and the Final Boss keeps getting stuck in the pillars.

Hmm, that's weird, I'll reupload the link on the 1st page. The Act 2 sign should work, and fixed some gravity on the 2nd to last part on Chaos Twilight Zone.

@MI = Yes, all the rings are deafed, it's just maybe some arn't deafed high enough.

The Extra Zones were definetly my own idea. I drew it on paper as to how I was going to plan designing it despite almost looking like PAZ.

I put a megaupload link on because SRB2FFH wasn't working when I tried to get it on, if someone knows it's working give me a buzz, other from that, there's a fixed link on 1st page.

Thanks for feedback everyone so far. I will be doing updates for V2, so I'll take all the feedback in for my to do list.

Okay, I have but one problem: I accidentally jumped in that small pond near the beginning. Being Tikal, I tried to save the mistake, but I couldn't because I couldn't latch on to anything. That's like, uncool. LET ME CLIMB WALLS, MAN!!

Angelus_the_echidna said:
Okay, I have but one problem: I accidentally jumped in that small pond near the beginning. Being Tikal, I tried to save the mistake, but I couldn't because I couldn't latch on to anything. That's like, uncool. LET ME CLIMB WALLS, MAN!!

That's because I'm really nice in an evil way, and put some walls unclimbable to actually play through the level instead of skipping a lot of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back