SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Kart Releases & Mods > Characters

Mit's Character Pack (STARRING MARIO) Details »»
Mit's Character Pack (STARRING MARIO)
Developer Last Online: Mar 2019

Category: Version: SRB2 Kart Rating: (3 votes - 4.20 average)
Released: 02-04-2019 Last Update: 02-14-2019 Installs: 1
Characters

EIGHT characters! SIX of them are good! FIVE of them are Mario! TWO of them are jokes! Let's break it down.

The pack is now includes separate PK3s for both KC and KCL! Simply download your pack of choice and there will be a folder containing each character separately.

Spoiler:

MARIO
"WAHOO!"

Mario is the perfect all-arounder with a speed and weight of 5.
That trademark cap and mustache can be recognized from anywhere- even in a kart racer that doesn't feature him!

METAL MARIO
"Bravissimo!"

Metal Mario is here to prove that he's the real, original Mario, and not some fake- wait, wrong Metal.
Metal Mario is a heavyweight with a speed of 7 and a weight of 8. He got tired of dominating Mario Kart online- now he's gonna dominate SRB2Kart!

KUMATORA
"Damn!"

Kumatora has a speed of 7 and a weight of 4, giving her great acceleration and top speed, but she's not the biggest driver out there.
Don't count her out, though, she's more than capable of holding a grudge!

SUPER SHOW MARIO
"Not on your lasagna-lovin' life!"

Super Show Mario leans slightly into a heavyweight class with a weight of 6 and a speed of 5-
making him ultimately an all-rounder, both in terms of control and his BMI! Features 2-color palette support!

PAPER MARIO
"LUCKY!"

It's Mario, but he's paper! His speed is 6 but his weight is a measly 2-
giving him spectacular handling at the cost of paper-thin defense.

MARIO & LUIGI
"Oh yeah!"

This iteration of the Bros. doesn't have a two-seater, and they prefer it this way too!
Clocking in at a speed of 5 with a weight of 9, it's certainly not easy to break their stride. Features 2-color palette support!

GOOMBAKART
"*goomba noises*"

This race-ready Goomba is so good at driving, he doesn't even face the steering wheel!
With a speed of 10 and a weight of 5, you'll be... wait, what?

8-BIT LINK
"*link noises*"

Who said you need a vehicle to race? This Link's fast on his feet, and he's a force to be reckoned with!
His speed is 4 and his weight is 7- which is probably because of all the gear he's carrying around.

UPDATES

V3 (2/13/19)

= Added Mario and Metal Mario.

= Added an additional download for individual PK3s.
  • Unnecessary files have been removed from Goombakart.

Spoiler:

V2 (2/9/19)

= Added a LUA-less version of the pack (KC_mitpack_v2.pk3) for replay support and general support going forward.
  • Mario and Luigi's overalls + kart change color in KCL pack.
  • Super Show Mario's cap and overalls change color in KCL pack.
= Fixed some things about Kumatora.
  • Both of her boost voice clips will now play properly. No idea why they didn't before.
  • Rebalanced her slightly (weight 3 -> 4).
= Goombakart now has attacking voice lines.

Download Now

File Type: zip KC_mitpack_v3.zip (4.32 MB, 192 views)
File Type: zip KCL_mitpack_v3.zip (4.42 MB, 258 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	wantedall1.png
Views:	2573
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	16167   Click image for larger version

Name:	wantedall2.png
Views:	2579
Size:	724 Bytes
ID:	16168   Click image for larger version

Name:	wantedall3.png
Views:	2575
Size:	772 Bytes
ID:	16169   Click image for larger version

Name:	wantedall4.png
Views:	2583
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	16170   Click image for larger version

Name:	wantedall5.png
Views:	2568
Size:	1.4 KB
ID:	16171  

Name:	wantedall6.png
Views:	2581
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	16172   Click image for larger version

Name:	wantedall7.png
Views:	1621
Size:	1.9 KB
ID:	16550   Click image for larger version

Name:	wantedall8.png
Views:	1618
Size:	1.5 KB
ID:	16551   Click image for larger version

Name:	group1big.png
Views:	1742
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	16552  

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 02-04-2019   #2
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player

I was a bit wary about adding this due to the odd joke characters (goombakart I've seen on Discord so I assume that's some kind of injoke I just don't know about), but the quality of the other characters made up for it. Welcome to releases!
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019   #3
Moogie

Okay obviously goombas the best
Moogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019   #4
mitsame

Updated the pack- there were a few things here and there that were bothering me that I've now fixed, on top of adding a version of the pack that works without two-color/LUA for those who want that. I've detailed all the changes in the OP + updated the download link!
mitsame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019   #5
mitsame

I've updated the pack to version 3- both the KC and KCL packs contain folders with each character as a separate PK3 for ease of use! I've also added two new characters- Mario and Metal Mario!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	kart0001.png
Views:	1626
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	16553   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0000.png
Views:	1618
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	16554  
Old 02-14-2019   #6
NoNameGuy721
Knuck Knuck Its Chuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsame View Post
I've updated the pack to version 3- both the KC and KCL packs contain folders with each character as a separate PK3 for ease of use! I've also added two new characters- Mario and Metal Mario!

Moderator Notice:
It's not against the rules, but why do you feel the need to quote the post directly above you, even the huge images included?
*Ahem* don't you see we already had 3 marios (and luigi) and now you add 2 more marios? dont you see that we already have a mario wad in SRB2 Kart by DirkTH? is there a explanation on making this character pack? (calm down or dont make a infraction on me im just saying that we already have a mario i SRB2 Kart ok?)

(NoNameGuy721 received a warning for this post: Use correct grammar and spelling.)

Last edited by Prime 2.0; 02-15-2019 at 03:03 AM.
NoNameGuy721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019   #7
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player

Why are you being as an ass about it? Let the author do what they want. It's not harming anybody, and people are free to do their own versions already existing characters, like the different Sonics. It's just this author's version of Mario, and even an edit that makes him Metal Mario because "why not".
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019   #8
mitsame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNameGuy721 View Post
is there a explanation on making this character pack? (calm down or dont make a infraction on me im just saying that we already have a mario i SRB2 Kart ok?)
Because I like Mario! The next character won't be another Mario.

Technically, this Mario is meant to fit alongside Virt's fantastic Daisy- both are based on their Mario Kart 8 incarnations.

On another note, I've fixed up some incompatibility issues regarding this Mario and DirkTH's. You should be able to use the KCL versions of both this pack and Dirk's Mario without a hitch. Mario's file has also been renamed to "Kart8Mario" so it's easier to tell the two apart.
Old 02-14-2019   #9
NoNameGuy721
Knuck Knuck Its Chuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsame View Post
Because I like Mario! The next character won't be another Mario.

Technically, this Mario is meant to fit alongside Virt's fantastic Daisy- both are based on their Mario Kart 8 incarnations.

On another note, I've fixed up some incompatibility issues regarding this Mario and DirkTH's. You should be able to use the KCL versions of both this pack and Dirk's Mario without a hitch. Mario's file has also been renamed to "Kart8Mario" so it's easier to tell the two apart.
well... mistery solved of "why is there another mario wad in SRB2 Kart"
NoNameGuy721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #10
Waloogy

wanted to say that these are probably my favorite characters to use in srb2k! thanks for making these and i hope to see more!
Waloogy is offline   Reply With Quote