Wire Frame Soldier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoops! I only looked at this page and not the whole topic my bad, I have to stop doing that, but it will stop some recolors from happening though and I might just use this to make my Todd.wad.

Releases Section Rules/Announcements[/url]]
Recently, a new statement has been spreading around the forums. This little statement has done nothing to contribute to the forums. "Don't download it if you don't like it", along with similar "It's not like you have to download it." Both mean nearly the exact same thing, and are extremely flawed. When constructive criticism is made on a wad, and people don't like it, this is the first cry.

Neither statement benefits anyone. If obeyed, it would not benefit the creator of the wad, because the creator can not receive the necessary comments needed to know how to expand on his or her ability. The creator would never know how to improve. He/she'd be stuck creating terrible things without the necessary knowledge to advance in his/her preferred field of SRB2 editing. He/she would keep releasing garbage and never even know it.

This statement serves to annoy the experienced/old user. The experienced user knows how and what criticism should be given. Such criticism is often thought of as "flaming", and as a result, the statement was created. This mentality annoys, because they know how to help the newcomer improve on his/her creations, or can advise that what they are doing is in itself flawed and needs to be scrapped. With this statement, constructive criticism is ignored, and the creator does not improve. This annoys the experienced user, because there is always potential in the creator, whether or not his/her creation had any value.

It also makes the person who makes the statement look foolish. Because when people say this, it shows they do not know what criticism is and why it's necessary. People who use this often think that saying something positive is required. They think that negative comments are flames. None of those thought processes are true. Experienced people see this, and then view the person who made the statement as foolish.

So, in conclusion, "Don't download it" and the like are detrimental to the good of the SRB2 community and should be discontinued. This will allow for people to gain the comments needed to improve on themselves and make good products that people can enjoy.

Todd Khool the Cyborg said:
If you don't like it don't play it!

It really makes me wonder if anyone reads anymore.

Unless you can give me a good reason for that being said, then I will inhale your soul.

AdamTheHedgehog said:
Segmint said:
Ok, let's use COMMON SENSE.

If it's your first wad, and it's crappy, and you KNOW it's going to get poor results, why release it? Do you need the attention (in this case, negative) or could you practice, and get better? Also, you didn't make this. Sykotic GAVE ME THIS OVER MSN (it was a while ago btw, long story).

-.-

Well, I need to get a good source of inspiration for a character.

That's no excuse for stealing. Hell, I dare you to ask Sykotic. He sent it to me over MSN, whether or not he "likes" me now. If he denies it, he's lying.

You still stole, and;

Releases Section - Rules said:
R3. Do not post someone else's work. Plagiarism is stealing, and will be dealt with accordingly. Make sure to ask permission from the original author before attempting to improve or use some of his or her work. Yes, the forums DO know about that ancient web page with WADs made in 2002, and if you port them as your own we WILL know. Don't try to cheat the system, all you'll get is a ruined reputation.

Syko never released a wireframe wad, so techniquely, it's not stealing. Plus, he gave me permission to release it. Ask him yourself.

Don't ask me; I'm not in the position to tell you what to do. That's the responsibility of the Administrators/Moderators.

Come on Segmint we all make little mistakes every there and then and besides he asked for permission so thats not technicality "stealing" so please, PLEASE just lay off him because there's no need to start an argument.

Come on Segmint we all make little mistakes every there and then and besides he asked for permission so thats not technicality "stealing" so please, PLEASE just lay off him because there's no need to start an argument.

Hey, I'm with stupid *shot*

Segmint said:
Listen, I totally give up trying to reason with you. There's absolutely no point in doing so.

Segmint said:

Segmint said:
Listen, I totally give up trying to reason with you. There's absolutely no point in doing so.

if you want to reason with someone, you must first find a point of comprimise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back