• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Prisima's Pixeled Productions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer red, it just feels better to see a more saturated material being used on the minecart.

Also, tone down those outlines, they are just too strong.

This minecart comes in brown or red; which do you prefer?
Brown. 10chars - Nah, but yeah, brown. Because, well, it looks much more like random wood, rather than some kind of expensive-ish machine-mass-produced minecart made of precisely cutted and precisely red-painted wood... which isn't exactly what I'd expect to find in a desert (provided the mine cart is made with Arid Canyon Zone in mind), even though the warning stripes and metal looks fine to me.

I think that brown would look better if the minecart looked all old and kind of torn, if not just a really simply built looking design... but this one looks a bit too fine to be seen as a simply built minecart, which is why I personally feel that red looks better.

The new minecart look was inspired by the one from Sonic 4 which is, in fact, located in a middle-of-nowhere environment, even though it has a machine-mass-produced look to it:

Lost_Labyrinth_Zone_-_Screenshot_-_%283%29.png

It is made with Arid Canyon in mind, though it could just be a mystery as to how it got there or how it was made. I ditched the old minecart look because, as I said before, it looked too plain and lacked detail. I just can't seem to find a design that works well with the brown, included the detail, and was as equally appealing as the red one.

This minecart is just getting better and better. To think that only a few days ago we thought a brown box with wheels looked amazing. Now we have this.

It looks great, but I still prefer toaster's because of it's simple design. It looks like you're trying to fit as much detail as possible into it. Just my two cents.

Not to mention that the outlining still looks really damn heavy for just one sprite. Use slightly brighter (not way too bright) colors for the lines, that might at least help a bit.

Toaster's? Is somebody else also making a minecart?

I can't use Iceman's animation. Looking closely at it, he thought the wheels were rotationally symmetrical when they aren't, and now every single wheel wobbles. (i love you no matter what tho ice <3)

0ZNHemJ.gif

I think this is as final as it's gonna get unless the devs themselves make some suggestions, since I kind of have other things I want to be working on now. :V

You didn't search

We are running circles at this point.

<Scootaloo> the issue with bouncy is I don't wanna deal with syncing the overlay with the cart
<Scootaloo> and I wanted the animation to speed up the faster the minecart went :[

We are running circles at this point.
What animation? The only thing there is the spinning of the wheels which isn't that visible, and that's already fast enough that you'd be hard pressed to notice it going faster on that small frame. You'd want a different animation entirely for showing it "going fast" at that point. Bouncing and other player character shenanigans is pretty much the most visible thing you could change between speeds otherwise.

Actually, the main problem is the bouncing part, because on one hand, it'd look weird if the player didn't bounce along, but on the other hand, making the player bounce along might not be all that simple. Even if it is, while making the player move up and down along the minecart might sound neat, it would easily cause the camera to move up and down along, causing it to be really shaky.

Now imagine the camera shaking on a really high speed. Euuugh.

But you don't have to make the camera shake. It seems to me like you'd just have to displace the player's sprite itself. Kind of like view bobbing, but with the sprite instead, and no camera modification.

it would easily cause the camera to move up and down along, causing it to be really shaky.
You say this as if we can't make the camera do whatever the hell we want - why would it have to track with the shaking of the player sprite instead of just being offset from the cart itself? That's silly.

Hiemal Heights Zone, like the Blue Mountain that never was.
rockwall.png

grass.png

They are both custom, but the grass got some inspiration from the vanilla version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back