• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Prisima's Pixeled Productions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a really good looking texture, I love how smooth the anti alias is, and the surface of them looks very soft and fitting as well.

GFZFLR02.png
GFZGRASS.png

grass.png

But at least it looks better than the current grass.

The big irony is that the current grass texture doesn't even looks like grass. It looks like a bunch of random splotches of paint that were done on a frame, and then thrown on a filter. It's really ugly.

I would honestly prefer actual grass with an extremely light hint of SEGA checkerboard pattern that's only noticeable if you stop to check it out.

I would honestly prefer actual grass with an extremely light hint of SEGA checkerboard pattern that's only noticeable if you stop to check it out.

I'm all for checkerboard patterns, if only because this game is 3d and simple patterns being stretched across the floor makes it easy to discern spacial distance. Especially handy if slopes make it through.

From far away that ring almost looks cell shaded, but it's definitely better than the original sprite.

The ring would be fantastic with an outline and a bit thicker anti ailias.
That calls for a re-render. I can't change the outlining outside of my modeling program, or the ring won't blend with it and it'll have jagged edges. I could modify the antialiasing manually, but it's easier to have it rendered with the ring. Also, this:
logoredone.png

I morphed my and Roach's styles together to some extent, and made a few minor modifications.

Nice, I was going to tell you that you still haven't changed frames 1 and 2 of your title screen to match the redraw, but it looks like you fixed that.

The only problem I see in here now is that the third frame doesn't seems to have the smooth outlining and anti alias that the other frames have (most likely because you resized it differently, in comparison to the other three), and I see a bit of blue escaping Sonic's bottom spike in the last frame-- but other than that, everything seems pretty great, and I can't wait to see it animated.

Last edited:
I fixed the bleeding spike and tried to fix the anti-alias issue:
finallogo.gif

And here's a redone version of one of my other works:
redone_eggmobile.png

The outline of the ring, ribbon, and text have aliasing, but it kinda looks like a partial transparency that didn't stay transparent.

The outline of the ring, ribbon, and text have aliasing, but it kinda looks like a partial transparency that didn't stay transparent.
It's impossible to anti-alias the outline, because it's on a moving background (the sky). The reason it looks odd is that reason you just stated. When indexing the colors to SRB2's palette, the 50% or more opaque pixels are turned black, and the 49% or more transparent pixels are deleted..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back