• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Super mystic sonic wad.

would you like SMS in a netgame,and is this a good idea?

• Dude,you GOTTA finish this! This is the best wad EVER!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Great wad with some original idea's ^_^

• Pretty nice,and some original idea's here and there.

• Actually,i don't like this at all,and it doesn't have any original idea's

• WTF!? We are now rivals for life!

• Whats the story behind Super Mystic sonic?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: list!

Um.
Super mystic sonic said:
TOTALLY SELF MADE WAD: METALSONIC
Metalsonic's first sprite was from the SRB2 manual, and was taken from there.
So, I dont think that qualifies :P

Re: list!

Um.
Spazzo said:
Um.
Super mystic sonic said:
TOTALLY SELF MADE WAD: METALSONIC
Metalsonic's first sprite was from the SRB2 manual, and was taken from there.
So, I dont think that qualifies :P
All of Metalsonic's standing sprite was taken from SSNTails' "So Far So Bad", hacked by Akira who gave them to me.
So, I don't think THAT qualifies :P

The ultimate SMS topic!

Whatever, its at least the most original looking wad of all. Anyway, when I tried logging in I almost typed in Super mario sonic! :lol:

[back on-topic]

Well, I didn't work much on SMS for the coming time, but that might change soon!

walking sprites
playd53zh.png
playe59gf.png
playf58ps.png
playg57hc.png
playh54wz.png
playi51vs.png
playk55qk.png

running screens
playr3r75cs.png
plays56br.png

Wow, a SMS screen blast, eh? Well, there's more!
http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3LS30Y8JRLQTG1B9M507TMD3KS

This is the SMS theme song! 'its gonna be alright!' The theme will play in Super mystic sonic's theme level, and when he turns hyper! Yeah, you can say: you can't let a character turn super/hyper without a differen't mod or SOC, but we'll see, we will see......

PS: yes, the song is a mp.3 , but I also have it in ogg format.

It was SSNtails who said that, he programmed the game.

And that music is one of the 4 remixes of "open your heart: main theme of sonic adventure".

And the anser is GOOD! Well done, kid!

ree-c said:
It was SSNtails who said that, he programmed the game.

And that music is one of the 4 remixes of "open your heart: main theme of sonic adventure".

Yep, did you think it would be a tottally new song, then? Even so, its still a song original and worthy enough to be the theme song for SMS.

UPDATE:

Yay!! New avatar! ^_^

I made it because it would be stupid if my name is 'Super mystic sonic', with a Mystic picture below it! And its my first screen of SMS in anime! ^_^;

EDIT: I edited the whole topic, and removed the first screens wich aren't coming in the wad. Furthermore: a few screens!

playd4d68yp.png
playe4e61iy.png
playf4f68eu.png

Sorry to bump and double post, but I'll show you all the work i've done. And since i'm too lazy to post it all in images, i'll show it to you in the wad file itself. You might even want to fix it so it will work as a demo, but I won't do that for you.

http://s45.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=37SV7CGRLWNKJ28UNUO98LRXR1

Hope you like it. And you can see everything is much better than the first screens I showed to you in the beginning of this topic.

The wad came up with this R_InitSprites:No patches found for play_1 frame U or is that what you ment by demo.I relay wanted to play this wad even a demo : :( : . EDIT; OPPS THE WAD IS FOR LOOKING ONLY :cry:

Bouncey said:
The wad came up with this R_InitSprites:No patches found for play_1 frame U or is that what you ment by demo.I relay wanted to play this wad even a demo : :( : . EDIT; OPPS THE WAD IS FOR LOOKING ONLY :cry:

Well, you might be able to fix it and use it as a demo, but you have to do that yourself. By the way, I got ALL the jumping sprites finnally done!

All of the lumps are in the wrong order, and there is no S_SKIN, and the menu pic's to big.

ree-c said:
And that you couldn't be bothered to do something that takes less than five minutes? =P

apparently not.

good work on the sprites SMS.. personally im an outliner myself (i prefer my characters to be outlined) but yeah yours are coming along good

I'm a lazy ass

I'm too lazy to do that. And at least SMS looks better then the first screens. What looks better about it? The eyes and the shine!

Furthermore, ree-c forgot to give me some of sonic's standing sprites. Oh well, its fixed allready. Everything is at the right order too,(except the jumping sprites) and I made some new sprites and I fixed the S_SKIN. I just haven't been working on SMS because of my forum. Wich forum? Look at my signature.

I quess there won't be replied here anymore, so I'll just have to double post.

Great news! Here are the first screens of Mystic in action!
mystic8ot.png
mystic24xo.png

Those are edited from the Super Sonic sprites. Once I played with SuperSenku I actually liked those running effects.(colored lines around him that dissapear and re-apear) So I used effects that were slightly the same.

Anyway, want to know what i'm up to?
http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2EBIN43Z1P7S634Z63GW0ID4C0

Its just for showing. By the way, I'm really stuck with the order of the jumping sprites. If those were in the right order, all would probably work!

Mystic is supposed to be mysterious, like shadow. People got scared of his powers and fled. They made Mystic angry, and he got taunted to destroy the world. Because of that he was locked up in the space portal leading to the mystic realm. The one that carries the mystic emerald along with him....will either die, or his body will fuse with Mystic's.

Speed: 75
runspeed 40
accelaration: 75
accelstart: 260
Jumpheight: 150
Ringburn: NONE!!!

The last one: ringburn, will be used with a soc thats included in the wad. Don't ask how.

That is way above the limits of srb2, you cannot go over:

36 for speed
36 for runspeed
50 for acceleration
192 for accelstart
100 for jumpheight
Ringburn? is that like the 1 ring-a-second price for super? No chance.

Non of this can be acheived without a modified .exe, a very modified one.

Sure it can't be breaken. But if I set things over the normal limit and turn super, it will happen. Mystic won't be a separate playable character, but there might be anothere way to turn into him.

But, super characters have a speed of 50, srb2's full limit, that definetly cannot be broken is 60, only speed and jump can be broken with super, 50 and 150 (or is it 200?).

If this is wrong (probably is :P) ask SSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back