• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Newrecolor.wad! Total unoriginality ftw!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeshiro

For those of you who already have Zeshiro.wad (and the rest that go with it), you should know that I'm doing them over. For those of you who don't this will just be a new wad.

I said I'd redo the whole thing, though. And I meant it.

Old Zeshiro.wad:
Zeshiro.gif

New Kai.wad:
NewKaiWad.gif

Before you start spamming this topic:

1. I've already checked the colors. I colored it straight from the SRB2 palette.

2. I intend to finish this wad and have it done in full quality. Unlike other people who get in over their heads, I already have all the frames outlined, and all I have to do is color them it. I'm not going ot half-ass it in any way. I plan to do 1-3 frames per day until it's finished.

3. I've checked the height, and it's fine with me.
SonicandKai.gif
Yes, it's noticably taller than Sonic, but I don't care.

4. (For those of you who have the older Zeshiro.wad(s)) I'm nerfing him, obvioulsy. A max statted character has no place here.

5. Custom ability: Working on it. Feel free to send any suggestions if you've got something creative.

6. I'll be making several variations of this character. I'm going to do this by editing this wad. I ask that you not do the same.

7. The chageable color will be messed up because I spliced palettes (The hair is in the yellow and gold range. The clothes are in the 0-11 range and the 96-111 range). I don't plan on recolor this, however.

8. No, I'm not using any frames from other wads. Don't even ask.

9. Yes, I'm doing this purely in MSPaint. Yes I know it's going to take an eternity....

10. Yes, it'll have some good running + walking frames this time.

Zeshiro said:
9. Yes, I'm doing this purely in MSPaint. Yes I know it's going to take an eternity

Finaly, some one els i know who does is work in paint, i use only paint, :D

Welcome to the world of awesome spriters! This looks great!

As for your custom ability......I think you can give some kinda spin flight.

First you jump, then you press the jump button. Zeshiro will slowly fly diagonal up untill 3 seconds are over. During that flight, his spin frames will go faster and faster to make it look realistic. When in flight mode, you can press the jump button again to shoot diagonally down at thok speed. Diagonal, so not straight or the way Sonic's thok does. When flying up, you could make him create smoke or something.

Wow Zesh, Im impressed with this...

Maybe you should make him have the SS Float ability...

I think that zesh is the only person in the forums who makes his characters, completly from scratch or something :eek:

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Wow Zesh, Im impressed with this...

Maybe you should make him have the SS Float ability...

I think that zesh is the only person in the forums who makes his characters, completly from scratch or something :eek:

Not true, I once made a crappy character from scratch, almost completely in MS Paint.

But, this is extremely awesome compared to that, so, yeah, GO ZESHIRO!

HAHAHAHA!!! Recolors suck and you are a....anyways this looks pretty neat, it looks a lot better than your old one. And by the way, your not dead? :roll:

The hair is a bit SAknux style. And to tell the truth, I personally really don't like that style. But the rest overshadows that 1 detail, so still a awesome job!

A) This is a recolor of Sonic? It doesn't even look remotely like him (Well, maybe the eyes)
B) I like the new one better than the old one. When's the new one gonna be done?

Mystic: "When Zeshiro says it's done."
FSX: "Knew it. Go bye bye now, Mystic. I can handle your suties for this topic."
Mystic: "No, you can't. You aren't a admin."
FSX: "Ehh... never mind. Make me a admin."

Super mystic sonic said:
Now I've been thinking of this.....why does he have Sonic ears on top of his hair?

Its his origional character... Or i think he's like Inuyasha (not the Person on the Forum) or something, you know, the character with the cat ears, or whatever...

camo man said:
:eek: Whao, that is awsome for a sonic recolor.

What is it with all the people who think one feature makes something a recolor? Ggggggggggaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!
Any way it looks very good.

This is cool. I especially Like the shading, so I'm going to Mimic it a Best I can for My Syko Wad....

>_>; 45 frames to Recolor ;<_<

Sykotic said:
>_>; 45 frames to Recolor ;<_<

Well, then its a easy job. A good recolor of something has at least above the 140 differen't sprites. Floating sprites are such a lazy replacement for walking&running to spare yourself lots of spriting.

And I don't think Zeshiro likes it that you are gonna recolor his frames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back