New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Smart alec vs Smart alec) :<

Hmm, looks like somebody doesn't know what he's talking about!
Simple Math shows that it was indeed a limited sale on those Sonic titles. I may be wrong though. The website could be outdated. Prove me wrong if you have to.

I also never said that it was a fact it won't drop. I said I doubt it will drop. Showing me games that had a limited sale (Hmm! Didn't I say that right in my post?) isn't really proving your point. Unless you thought I was saying no games have ever had a price drop on PSN/MP. Then that was just a misinterpretation of my post. I was specifically talking about Sonic 4.

Last edited:
Simple math shows that it was indeed a limited sale on those Sonic titles.

Hmm. Looks more like simple Googling to me.

I was specifically talking about Sonic 4.

You were? It sure seems otherwise, considering the lack of Sonic 4 anywhere in that post. You were referring to the Wii Shop, Playstation Network Store, and the Xbox LIVE Marketplace in general. You didn't mention Sonic 4 anywhere in terms of going on sale, and neither did I.

Anyway, I was more focused on the second link; to show you that games on the XBLM (and through the use of simple math, PSN games as well) do have permanent price drops. And, judging by the past sales on Sonic games and seeing top-selling XBLA games get price drops, Sonic 4 is a possible candidate. The first link was just to show you that Sonic games do apply to online marketplace sales. That said, I really should have added more context to both links.

•PlayStation Network on October 12th (13th in EMEA countries) for $14.99 / £9.99 /
€12.99 / AU$19.95

I wouldn't expect any worse from Australia. Video games cost a heck load more over here than they do in other countries.
Example: Red Dead redemption is around $100-$120 over here. I go over to Europe and buy it there, the equivelant is around $75. The hell. :|

You were? It sure seems otherwise, considering the lack of Sonic 4 anywhere in that post. You were referring to the Wii Shop, Playstation Network Store, and the Xbox LIVE Marketplace in general. You didn't mention Sonic 4 anywhere in terms of going on sale, and neither did I.
I should of added more context to my post. I can see why people could of got it confused.

Sonic 4 could have a price drop. But I don't think it will. Like you said, its possible. But I'm not really sure at the moment. It is already at a low price and it is a new title...

Well, I could imagine a price drop when episode 2/3 come out.

The idea of this game being download-only is ridiculous, sure, it´s great if you live in Asia, Oceania, or Europe, but if you live in America or Africa, you can´t buy it, there´s 2 entire continents from wich this game is losing public on, and we´ll do what we always do, illegaly download the Software, distribute it on all game-selling stores, make an improvised cover, sell the game on a disk, and people will be able to get it for a wayyyyyyy lower price.

The idea of this game being download-only is ridiculous, sure, it´s great if you live in Asia, Oceania, or Europe, but if you live in America or Africa, you can´t buy it, there´s 2 entire continents from wich this game is losing public on, and we´ll do what we always do, illegaly download the Software, distribute it on all game-selling stores, make an improvised cover, sell the game on a disk, and people will be able to get it for a wayyyyyyy lower price.

South America?

If so, it's not like there's a lot of people there who play games there these days. Correct me if I'm wrong(I'm most likely wrong).

South America?

If so, it's not like there's a lot of people there who play games there these days. Correct me if I'm wrong(I'm most likely wrong).

Yes there are. Playstation 2 and Mega Drive/Master System are really popular, since the PS2 is pirate-friendly and Tec Toy keeps rereleasing old Sega consoles over and over (at least on Brazil, I dunno if TT is that influential on South America's other countries). Old Nintendo consoles are also quite popular.

I thought it was obvious he wasn't talking about North America. He was probably talking about South America.

I was talking about America in general, but people these days seem to think that America = United States. Even though United States is only like 30% of the total population.

Seriously:
america.gif

If out of ALL this thing only 2 or 3 countries can actually download online console content, with a bit of basic logistic, you can say that most America can´t get the game.

As far as I know, North America (at least the USA, Mexico, and Canada) can download it just fine.

I wouldn't expect any worse from Australia. Video games cost a heck load more over here than they do in other countries.
Example: Red Dead redemption is around $100-$120 over here. I go over to Europe and buy it there, the equivelant is around $75. The hell. :|

Don't feel so bad. Australia's minimum wage is over double the USA's federal minimum wage.

Last edited:
I was talking about America in general, but people these days seem to think that America = United States. Even though United States is only like 30% of the total population.
That is because it is called the United States Of America. No one calls Canidians, Americans. No one calls Mexicans, Americans. Technically, it would be more appropriate to call yourself South American. It'll help people distinguish who you are.
As far as I know, North America (at least the USA, Mexico, and Canada) can download it just fine.
Yup, you hit the spot.
Don't feel so bad. Australia's minimum wage is over double the USA's federal minimum wage.
Yeah, so the price differences aren't really that big when you think about it. If a game is double the price. And you work and gain double the money...

Yeah, so the price differences aren't really that big when you think about it. If a game is double the price. And you work and gain double the money...
Wait a minute, he said minimum wages, not average wages. The average Australian has less money than the average US citizen.

Sonic 4? ok .... the E3 demo is interesting but where is SHADOW and SILVER?

This post is hilarious.

Sorry to break your bubble but those two will not be appearing in this game. Unless you just joined the community, you should have known this MONTHS AGO.

Sonic 4? ok .... the E3 demo is interesting but where is SHADOW and SILVER?

Where is Shadow and Silver? It´s a sequel to a 19 year-old-series. You should instead be asking:

*Where are Elemental Shields?
*Where is Tails?
*Where is Knuckles?
*Where´s the Mini-Bosses?
*Where are the Multiple Paths?
*Where are the Extra Stages (Checkpoint Ones)?
*Where are the Super Emeralds?
*Where is Multi Player?

So far, none of the announcements I´ve seen, don´t mention these things coming anytime soon (but I could be wrong), this should be called Sonic 1.5, not Sonic 4.

They're both under one of these crossed names. Well, at least one is.

4276317763_8cc8af00ef_o.jpg

It's been known since January that Sonic is the only character to be in Sonic 4. So sorry, no SHADOW and SILVER for you.

*Where are the Multiple Paths?
...In every level that is not a boss stage, incidentally.

Otherwise, why should Sonic 4 contain everything that was in Sonic 3. I don't understand how you can complain about the whole game being a rehash and then also complain when certain things are not rehashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back