Pokemon coming to an end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supersonic2p3

Kurri | Kawaii Killer
Well I couldn't think of a good name but anyways. Pokemon is a game we all no *shot* ok fine i'll skip that. well yeah the creators (not nintendo they publish it) basically got all of the known animals in the world. They just can't make any new pokemon. They have animals from a-z (they even have trash pokemon dang it). So it seems like the 5th gen is the last one.

That's what we always thought after everyone generation of Pokemon

Then Nintendo dished another 400.

Slightly off-topic: Anyone else noticing a recent outbreak of topics that ask a question in VG?

Chisuun said:
That's what we always thought after everyone generation of Pokemon

Then Nintendo dished another 400.

Slightly off-topic: Anyone else noticing a recent outbreak of topics that ask a question in VG?
Yep I sure did. NExt there will be 1000.

Maybe this is the last gen. They have backed themselves in a corner with this Pokemon.
arceus2.png

Unless the next generation takes place in a DIFFERENT dimension.....

They could simply create new storylines and evolved forms. Perhaps, if they added in 4th stage evolutions, it would open up new possibilities.

:SonicMaster: said:
Or, to go with Chisuun's idea in a conversation on Steam, remove the turn-based Pokémon battles and make them real-time.

The sad reality is that Nintendo will probably never do that, as much as I would love to see a real-time battle engine in a Pokemon game.

As would I Chisuun. Having real-time battles like Smash Bros would make it vanish off the shelves before you could say "Lucario".

Changing it to real-time would remove the insane amount of strategy Pokemon has built up over the years. While I admit turn-based fights aren't exactly action-packed affairs, I think Pokemon would lose out on quite a lot if the incredibly deep battle system was torn out and replaced. I assure you I don't play these games for the plot, after all.

...and they do make spinoffs. Constantly.

However, I don't play those. I play the main series games because I really enjoy the deep strategy gameplay, especially against other human players.

I'm sure that they'll make a generation 5 series and it'll be the same game with even more Pokemon and even more stuff to do. They've been doing that for over a decade, why mess with it?

If they were to make another generatino of Pokemon, they would also make another season and have trouble coming up with a name. I honestly think they should just make a Pokemon game where you can go to all of the regions. You start and Kanto then go to Johto, you guys see where I'm going with this.

Earuto said:
If they were to make another generatino of Pokemon, they would also make another season and have trouble coming up with a name.

Who says they'll have trouble coming up with a name?

Jellybones69 said:
Earuto said:
If they were to make another generatino of Pokemon, they would also make another season and have trouble coming up with a name.

Who says they'll have trouble coming up with a name?

Well they have used almost every available name for the main handheld series:

Blue
Red
Yellow
(Has there ever been a Pokemon Green besides on the GBA?)
Gold
Silver
Crystal
Ruby
Sapphire
Emerald
Firered
Leafgreen
Diamond
Pearl
Platinum

You can pretty much see where I'm going with this. Every game has been named after a specific Color or Jewel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back