SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X)

Old 06-05-2008   #2321
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Oh... and another thing... You listed Ground the Fox as Ground the Hog in the credits, CZ64.

EDIT: And another... What on earth is MiniGL? Why is it in the Launcher?? It doesn't work!

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Old 06-05-2008   #2322
Chaos Zero 64

Do you see the little ? button on the bottom-right? Click on it, then move your mouse around the launcher.

I also doubt that I'll remake Carnival to fit all 9 zones. It would have to be careful planning, and it would be too long. Probably more than a minute to finish one lap. And yes, 2 more characters mean Wave and Storm. There's tons of Speed characters, so we need more flight and power characters.

For Ground the "Hog" mistake, I'll fix it once I release a small patch. But since there's no Master Server, there's no hurry.

And until the MS comes back up, I'll take a break from this project to help out with another project here. When it's up, the patch will contain that spelling fix, Turtle Man's fixed code, probably Sky Road and Babylon Guardian, and something cool for Time Attack that I'm not going to say, since I might not get it working right.
Your and You're. Learn the difference.
Old 06-05-2008   #2323
ScourgeHedgehog

Chaos Zero theres a giltch when your in egg factory and you get on the blue riding part as any character when you jump on it it makes you fall of the race track and to the bottom of bit on the the race track can you fix this?
Old 06-05-2008   #2324
Chrispy

Please make the patch a small file size if you can because my crappy router kept cutting off the download when I tried to get this. It was supposed to be a little less than a 10 minute download and it took 3 hours to get it to download right.
Old 06-05-2008   #2325
Chaos Zero 64

I already moved the OGG files to a new file. And when I had to resend the srb2riders.ridr file to Senku, along with 2 character files, it was around 5MB, not 48MB. The music file is around 32MB, which won't be on the patch.

And Scourge, just don't jump on it. Although, I might end up putting a 3D area on it, so that you'll get sucked on the Zoom Tube if you're either on the floor, or on the air.
Old 06-05-2008   #2326
FSX
cheap spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_the_hedgehog
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb96
2. with the md2 models tails,knuckles,amy,jet,and eggman look screwed up.
Multiple model support does not work, which is why you only get the Sonic model.
That's half wrong.

If Sonic had SONC sprites, and Tails had TALS sprites, a model for SONC would only affect Sonic and one for TALS would affect Tails.
Old 06-05-2008   #2327
iStepable
iStepable

not so sure if thats possbile FSX. I might be the one hosting the severs for SRB2 riders.
Old 06-05-2008   #2328
Chaos Zero 64

Oh, the MS is up. I wonder since when.

Well, I'm still busy here, and still taking a break.
Old 06-05-2008   #2329
Autosaver

I think FSX is right,you have to do something I think tho.
Like if I added Wizardrider and MD2 Models.Sonic would have the Wiazard guy and Tails would have his shoes? showing.
Old 06-05-2008   #2330
ZeldaGamer00
That guy who does things

Glitch time!

Happens to me randomly when entering the nights mode at STJR Illusion.
Old 06-05-2008   #2331
sonicgaby

i was just playing and same thing happend to me! (its actully kind of funny.) =-]
Old 06-05-2008   #2332
Kaysakado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Zero 64
Oh, the MS is up. I wonder since when.

Well, I'm still busy here, and still taking a break.
For a very long time.
Old 06-05-2008   #2333
FSX
cheap spirit

Problem: At least in 1P mode, clearing STJr Carnival brings you to RVZ1. Fully working. You don't die in the lava, just lose rings over and over.
Old 06-05-2008   #2334
Chrome the hedgehog

New version on first post... It fixes that error.
Old 06-06-2008   #2335
Superusuario
...Wait. I'm here?

We have more bugs!:
1:You must be level 3 to do this!In white Forest...you can pass the Zoom Tube
Y=You(Level 3,Sure!) ^=Rings arrows Z=Zoom Tube Waypoint

Y(2nd) Z
^ ^ ^

Y(1st)
2:In STJR Illusion...Before you get into the NIGHTS part(When you fall in the AE part)You automatically change sky even when you haven't touched the floor of the NIGHTS part.
3:You can get the''Sonic R''unlockable and an Emblem in a netgame.
4:When you go into the''Sonic R''unlockable...You go to STJR illusion and you don't go to Resort Island.
Oh, good job.
You're still reading this?
You could be making levels or even finding the cure for cancer!
...Okay, now it's wasted. Good job.
Old 06-06-2008   #2336
Chaos Zero 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldagamer00
Glitch time!

That happened to Flame once. We have no idea what caused it. As far as I can remember, I didn't touch the NiGHTS engine. So for now, if that happens, just restart the level.

For Superusuario's first bug, I think you're trying to say that you don't go on the zoom tube if you're on the far left of the area. I'll try to test it out myself.

The second bug, yeah, I know. It triggers when you enter the NiGHTS area, but you can simply trigger it by touching the edge of the sector.

Third bug, I don't know how and why I'm able to unlock stuff while on netgames. It just happens. But at least you're actually able to unlock stuff. Before, you couldn't. My guess it was because I had that old custom Credits cutscene.

And the fourth bug, I know. Both unlockables were made for the 1.46.2 version, when I didn't change the level rotation. Resort Island used to be MAP17.

Also, the reason why Illusion isn't on MAP16 is because of Red Volcano Zone. I thought that removing soar.dta, the file where it's hidden, would do the trick. After I did it, it crashed the EXE. Well, if you check RVZ with XWE or any other program, you'll see that it's just a big horizontal line. If there's no external levels on MAP16, it would take that horizontal line and stretch the vertices. Since Illusion was a completely different level, there must of been linedef crossovers, and a bunch of other stuff that broke the level.

Well, I can still remove soar.dta, and add those sprites to the main rider file. But all that would do is prevent access to that level. I guess that's better than actually warping to that level. Although it was quite fun to finally fall into the deep pointless water-lava, and be able to get out of it alive.
Old 06-06-2008   #2337
Superusuario
...Wait. I'm here?

Quote:
For Superusuario's first bug, I think you're trying to say that you don't go on the zoom tube if you're on the far left of the area. I'll try to test it out myself.
Renember...
Quote:
Originally Posted by I
You must be level 3 to do this!
Quote:
The second bug, yeah, I know. It triggers when you enter the NiGHTS area, but you can simply trigger it by touching the edge of the sector.
My suggetion is to put a passable FOF(Don't ask me how)With the Trigger Linedef Executor(Touch Sector Floor)So...you pass the FOF and you change the sky.
Quote:
Third bug, I don't know how and why I'm able to unlock stuff while on netgames. It just happens. But at least you're actually able to unlock stuff. Before, you couldn't. My guess it was because I had that old custom Credits cutscene.
Yeah,I think so...
Quote:
And the fourth bug, I know. Both unlockables were made for the 1.46.2 version, when I didn't change the level rotation. Resort Island used to be MAP17.
Then...Why didn't you changed the map number in the MAINCFG unlockables?
Quote:
Also, the reason why Illusion isn't on MAP16 is because of Red Volcano Zone. I thought that removing soar.dta, the file where it's hidden, would do the trick. After I did it, it crashed the EXE. Well, if you check RVZ with XWE or any other program, you'll see that it's just a big horizontal line. If there's no external levels on MAP16, it would take that horizontal line and stretch the vertices. Since Illusion was a completely different level, there must of been linedef crossovers, and a bunch of other stuff that broke the level.
Wow,You're very intelligent...more intelligent that me.
Quote:
Well, I can still remove soar.dta, and add those sprites to the main rider file. But all that would do is prevent access to that level. I guess that's better than actually warping to that level. Although it was quite fun to finally fall into the deep pointless water-lava, and be able to get out of it alive.
Hmmmm...That wouldn't be funny to me...
Oh, good job.
You're still reading this?
You could be making levels or even finding the cure for cancer!
...Okay, now it's wasted. Good job.
Old 06-06-2008   #2338
Turtle Man
aka ZTM / ZTurtleMan

Quote:
RVZ1 is saved differently than all other level. Its VERTEXES and SECTORS lump save the numbers as LONGs instead of SHORTs (like in normal levels). When a Wad Editor loads the map it loads the VERTEXES and SECTORS lump as SHORTs which causes all of the data to be read wrong. All of RVZ1 is there the WadEdit just does load it right. Image.

RVZ1's sectors are loaded with P_LoadDBGSectors, normal levels use P_LoadSectors.

RVZ1's vertexes are loaded with P_LoadDBGVertexes, normal levels use P_LoadVertexes.

Disabling the following should make MAP16 be loaded like any other map.
Please note that 0x10 is 16 in hex.
Code:
	if (!modifiedgame && gamemap == 0x10)
	{
		P_LoadDBGVertexes(lastloadedmaplumpnum + ML_VERTEXES);
		P_LoadDBGSectors(lastloadedmaplumpnum + ML_SECTORS);
	}
	else
http://trac.srb2.org/browser/SRB2109..._setup.c#L2107

There is much other code that makes RedXVI do what he does like "case 231:" in P_TouchSpecialThing(231 is RedXVI in normal SRB2) and "dbginfo" in player_t which is mostly used for RedXVI stuff, its uses in P_NiGHTSMovement are not RedXVI related. And the "BKLUMP" is only used for RedXVI. And the "FLASHMAP" and "WATERMAP" are used for two of the four messages that RedXVI cechos. The other two are in "debuginfo" at the top of p_inter.c and p_user.c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganA's sig
Hacking Srb2 is fun, but hacking to cheat is just not cool nor fun
Old 06-06-2008   #2339
light dasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldagamer00
Glitch time!

I was about to post the exact screen, I was tails too, and I couldn't complete 1P ;_;, Oh, also, I like the MK levels/mode
IT'S HANYUU NOW, HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
http://lightdasher.deviantart.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/pieisnice
http://luckystaruniverse.proboards.com/index.cgi
Old 06-06-2008   #2340
Karuno

Why do you turn into a weird Super Form on STJR Carnival 2?