Suggestions

If only there was a way around that to prevent crashing. Like if the automatic Christmas mode was instead an in game option. All the resources for it were preloaded like the default resources are. The game would only apply the resources Client side to what they replace if they met certain condisions.

EX: Allow Xmas = 1 AND Christmas Time Trigger = 1 = Christmas mode active.
Allow Xmas = 0 AND Christmas Time Trigger = 1 = Christmas mode not active.

How I'm thinking it would work is on level load the game checks for the client's settings and conditions. If it does not receive a yes, or 1, for both Allow Xmas (The user's setting) and Christmas Time Trigger (The date check), it makes no changes. If it does for both, it makes the graphical and sound changed only for the client and not for the joining player.

The Falling Snow though should only be applied to levels that either already have snow or rain, Or replaces the rain's graphics to go from rain fall to blizzard. Weather should not be changed if it doesn't have rain or snow alrady on the map

suggestion: A way to freeze sonic, and a ice block sprite to overlay sonic when frozen. (Sonic could use either hit sprite or current sprite when frozen, he then acts hit after breaking free.)

Last edited:
Sonicboy The Hedgehog said:
Well.. I know these ideas may sound weird.. but what about "Status" to show if a user is "away, playing, busy, etc" an ingame friendslist kinda like they have for "Steam" games, and Voice Chat...

I'm not sure if these could work, but hey.. what do you think?

Originally this was a post to SSNTails, but he told me he's retired, and two, haven't been on the forums for years. I hade these ideas, but if they don't even work, or you just find them too stupid or pointless, feel free to attack me with the nearest weapon possible.

Edit: People just keep yelling at me saying "SRB2 is not a Steam Game and it will never be!" They completely missed the factor of what I ment.. Not actually make it a Steam Game.

This may be offtopic, but I still wonder why the STeam UI doesn't appear on SRB2, doesn't make sense to me.

Also, someone tried to do that (Cue?) by making SRB2Live which had that sort of thing in it where you could log in, etc.

Hi all ! =D
( It's my first post in this forum !)

Here are my suggestions. Especially for character creation:

For the first hability:
_ Flying (like Kirby from Popstar)
_ Teleport vertical
_ Camera Movement (You know, in spectator mode ...)

Ability for the second (Why is it that only the spin dash?! O_O ")
_ Hit / Push
_ Teleport horizontal
_ Protect (just ahead and we can move)
_ Total Protection (you can not move)
_ Porter then start (funny, huh?)
edit
_ Crawl
_ Become invisible (as ESPIO)

If not, he can throw or drop a character that is worn with Tails?

EDIT

I have forgotten other ideas:

Two new game modes online:
_ Everything is going on co-op levels. A team must prevent the opposing team to reach the end level. (FPS mode)
_ Catch as many rings as possible in the levels of battle. (FPS mode)

Last edited:
in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Knux can hold his breath for 15 seconds, when Sonic & Tails could only hold it for 9. If Knuckles has his short jump height, shouldn't he hold his breath longer too?

Linedef Type 400 (Set Sector Floor Height/Texture) can be set not to change the texture using the Not Climbable flag. But Linedef Type 401 (Set Sector Ceiling Height/Texture) can't. That makes no sense; LD401 should have the same flexibility as LD400.

New Gametype:

Pickle (Don't ask about the name not sure why it called that.)
In real life pickle is played with at least 3 people. Everyone who is not "It" runs between two bases trying not to be hit by the "It" person. Every time they make it to a base they get a point. To become "it" they must be hit by a ball of some sort the "it" people have.
This could work for Srb2 as well. We could use the Tag system, but just add points to it. Every player gets points for making it to a base, they can only stay there for a small amount of time (10 seconds or so). The "it" Players would try to shoot them before they get to a base. When one is shot they switch places, "it" is a runner, and runner is now "it". (Old "It" would get twice the amout for making a base, "die" and start on a base.) This would be a great gametype for CTF maps, as they have two bases and different ways to get there. Yeah, people might just try to camp out on a base, but then they won't get points. This is basicly Tag, with purpose, a place to get to and a reason.

I agree this seems like a great idea instead of the old tag. But how about turning off character abilities in this new gametype? Except only the IT people can have character abilities.Im just saying this because sonic`s thok can easily out-maneuver anyone who tries to shoot at him. Also the IT people could use the advantages, and it will make getting to the base more challenging.

in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Knux can hold his breath for 15 seconds, when Sonic & Tails could only hold it for 9. If Knuckles has his short jump height, shouldn't he hold his breath longer too?
I just checked, and no, all characters hold their breath for the same time frame.

And it's actually 30 seconds, so I'm not sure where you pulled those numbers from.

A few save system suggestions that would help fix it not getting along with some mods:

Change SPStage_End to a level header option ("endgame = 1" or something) which will make the save file change to "CLEAR!" when the level is finished. This would allow mods to have more than one end level (Mystic Realm etc.) without breaking the save system.

On a related note, another level header option that specifies whether to save the game at the level (Act 1 would have "savegame = 1", but not Act 2 and 3 etc.) so mods that don't follow a linear level progression could still save properly.

Last edited:
Suggestion for Ability 2
You know, spindashing? I think there should be a "Modern" playstyle. You jump as if you have No Spin Jump on, but inbetween the springing and falling frames it would play the jumping frames. Also, instead of spindashing, it's a boost sort of thing, where you stay in your running frames while boosting instead of spindashing, and you need rings to do it. The longer you boost, the more rings you lose. That way, you don't have to worry about a Boost Gauge.

After playing many shooting games I think it would be a good idea to make the rail ring have a zoom in/out scope. The catch is that you have to stay in one spot while sniping. A nice well hidden spot that is. Either that or replace the rails with sniper turrets on the bases that the players can use with the zoom in/out scope option. Ive just been really interesting in sniping recently.

Add Spin Frames for Super Sonic. This would allow Md2 Sonics to be COMPLETE with super frames that change color. Because right now the best I can get is him changing to gold for Super sonic, but the spin frames are still blue. I know OpenGL and Md2 aren't priority right now, but this isn't too hard to make. Unless it is for some reason impossible.

After playing many shooting games I think it would be a good idea to make the rail ring have a zoom in/out scope. The catch is that you have to stay in one spot while sniping. A nice well hidden spot that is. Either that or replace the rails with sniper turrets on the bases that the players can use with the zoom in/out scope option. Ive just been really interesting in sniping recently.
Ugh, I think half of the posts in the Suggestions have this. Seriously, people. Let me sum how it went= There was a zoom beta that was tried, they saw how overpowered it makes the Rail Ring, they removed it. End of story.

Here's a very simple, very sensible idea: Make it so that in the list of players in Coop and Circuit, any player who has completed the level will have a little checkerboard flag next to their name. This way, it becomes obvious at a glance whether any players are still active (neither dead nor finished).

A level header value which would alter the par time for the end-level time bonus.

As it stands now, I'm pretty sure ERZ2 and GFZ1 have the same time bonuses.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back