Suggestions

Well, "Plrs" is usually what the number of players is listed as, and it seems to look wierd to me when it says "plys". To be completely honest, I didn't understand what it stood for until I looked at the master server on the forum.

When I see Plys, I almost think Phys as in Phys model for Source engine models.
When I see Plrs, I tend to think Players. Say it out loud to find out why.

Last edited:
There could be a command made in the future versions of SRB2 where you can mute a certain person. But otherwise I think a curse filter would be completely useless with all of the different words and phrases that could mean the same thing.
I found this post in the "Curse filter" thread. Wouldn't be a bad thing to put in?

Ugh, I think half of the posts in the Suggestions have this. Seriously, people. Let me sum how it went= There was a zoom beta that was tried, they saw how overpowered it makes the Rail Ring, they removed it. End of story.

Well EXCUSE me for tying to post an idea. I probably started playing SRB2 a long time after the beta came out anyway, so how was I supposed to know you tried it!

Well EXCUSE me for tying to post an idea. I probably started playing SRB2 a long time after the beta came out anyway, so how was I supposed to know you tried it!

You are supposed to look through the topic to see if your suggestion has already been made.

Yeah. Like I'm actually gonna look through that many pages to find someone else who said the same thing. And did you say that to the other people who posted the same suggestion as mine?!

Yeah. Like I'm actually gonna look through that many pages to find someone else who said the same thing. And did you say that to the other people who posted the same suggestion as mine?!

search_this_thread.png

Do you see this?

What purpose do you think this serves?

犬夜叉;696065 said:
search_this_thread.png

Do you see this?

What purpose do you think this serves?

Well that WOULD be helpful if I actually cared enough to search for someone who had the same idea as mine. I obviously didn't. I just wanted to say what i wanted to say about the idea and move on. I'm pretty sure most of the people who posted the same topic of mine didn't get a message from someone to use the search, much less care to use it.

Well that WOULD be helpful if I actually cared enough to search for someone who had the same idea as mine. I obviously didn't.

This game has been around for YEARS, and the thread is several pages long. Did you honestly think NOBODY would suggest a zoom for the rail before you decided to grace us with your presence?

I just wanted to say what i wanted to say about the idea and move on. I'm pretty sure most of the people who posted the same topic of mine didn't get a message from someone to use the search, much less care to use it.

They did get some mentions of someone trying it, and I believe there was an older suggestions topic that was deleted (so the idea could probably be even older), and Open GL can already DO THIS with the right scripts (IIRC, it has something to do with field of view, so even if there was zoom, it'd be OpenGL only and Software users like myself would bitch about how OGL gets another unfair advantage), so it's not like we haven't seen this before and got annoyed that someone suggested this AGAIN, it's that we were actually vocal about it this time.

EDIT: inb4d00d64got1,337postsnowlol

Well that WOULD be helpful if I actually cared enough to search for someone who had the same idea as mine. I obviously didn't. I just wanted to say what i wanted to say about the idea and move on. I'm pretty sure most of the people who posted the same topic of mine didn't get a message from someone to use the search, much less care to use it.

bill-cosby-silly-face.jpg

CHA SEE, DA FORUM TAKES UP SOME ZIP-ZOP GIGABITS AND GOOGILY BYTES OF DATA WHEN YOU MAKE A-DA POSTINGS AND THE TOPICS ON DIS HERE A-MESSAGE BOARD.

WHEN CHA MAKE DA NEW TOPICS AND THE POSTS WITHOUT USING THE ZOOPIDY BOPPIN SEARCH BAR, IT'S LIKE PLAYING POKEYMANS WITH DA STICK BAWL AND DA JELLO MOLD.

I think he's right. He just gave an innocent suggestion, I don't see why people have to jump on him about it. I personally think it would be a neat idea, but yes, WAY overpowering.

EDIT:
^lol'ing at above post

[

They did get some mentions of someone trying it, and I believe there was an older suggestions topic that was deleted (so the idea could probably be even older), and Open GL can already DO THIS with the right scripts (IIRC, it has something to do with field of view, so even if there was zoom, it'd be OpenGL only and Software users like myself would bitch about how OGL gets another unfair advantage), so it's not like we haven't seen this before and got annoyed that someone suggested this AGAIN, it's that we were actually vocal about it this time.

EDIT: inb4d00d64got1,337postsnowlol[/QUOTE

Scripts?

maybe you should search for those posts and see if they got a message

Also, if they posted about, they definitely didn't care enough to use it

Don't you even bother. If you were competent enough to discuss this, you'd have leaped straight into the source code where the changes to make would be obvious enough.

Well excuse me for trying to ask a question about what is a script is. I have no idea what a source code is anyway, since I don't really know everything about computers. Maybe you could just explain about it instead of giving me this load of crap. I don't know why you people are so aggravated by this because I didn't do anything wrong to anybody.

Does the argument about rail zoom have to spread to 3 pages? Especially when someone already told him what he did wrong. There really isn't a reason why "we" continue to down rate him, especially the one with random spam; Oh, you're hilarious. :|

Suggestion: Find the "surprise" gametype. A random item will be placed on the map, the first one to find it and get it gets a point. The item could be a generic flag. The winner is the one with the most points at the name of the round.

I think that's an okay idea, but a radar of some sort would need so that the search isn't nearly as tedious. Also, some single player stages wouldn't be appropriate unless you could forceskin certain characters. Actually, customized stages for that gametype would probably be ideal, if anyone were willing to design them.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Back