• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 WAD Editor v0.6.0 (Updated 10/31/05)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digiku, you still need to post a temp link for the readme. Message me and I will do it. Also, for SS2005, make sure that you tell SRB2WED where the lumpmod.exe is, aswell as most of your other stuff, such as other wad editors and SRB2 itself.

SSNTails made most of SRB2 from scratch, 'cept the engine. :/

Back on-topic.
Everything is set correctly, except for those batches.
I guess I need those...
Can someone send them to me?

SRB2 WAD Editor v0.3.0 is out!

Download:
http://digiku.x3dom.net/SRB2/srb2wedit_030.zip (866kb)

This is a major release which introduces BMP -> Flat and Flat -> BMP! Now there's an EASIER way to import huge flats than opening up Deep!
If the link doesn't work today, try again tomorrow or in the next few days.

Also, unless there's a major reason to do so, I'm not going to work on WAD Editor until I'm prepared for it again. It'll probably be a long time until that happens since I want to work on a TNAOSTH script and I'll be getting back to BSZ at the end of the month.

Any WAD file will now open but the options screen refuses to open and if you try to open it, you disable the entire program altogether.

Well, it loads wads, and shows the lumps. For me, at least, the options menu works.
(NOTE: If anyone read my previous comments, I was working on a wad that apparantly has issues in the first place. Ignore them)

Wow! Nice WAD editor, Digiku!

Suggestions: Make a hex editor.
I might make some GUI suggestions... Hold on, lemme get The GIMP out.

How is it that whenever I attempt to make a file editor out of MMF it never works, but for everyone else it works?! *cries*

Anyway, some things to be complete before 1.0
Image editor
Pallete Editor
Hex Editor
Sound Editor
SOC Editor latest built in

There's a good chance of you getting a hex editor (but why? I don't exactly see the point).

You might get a palette editor. You might also get an Image editor, if I can find someone with MMF Bonus Pack 3 installed. As for sound editor and SOC editor, you're out of luck. I'm not going to waste my effort on making an SOC editor of my own :|.

Any WAD file will now open but the options screen refuses to open and if you try to open it, you disable the entire program altogether.

That's new... o_o

Whew, the next release of SRB2WE is going to be one hell of a workout. Here's what to expect thus far:

SRB2 WAD Editor v0.6.0
Real map header support
Sprite/Texture/Picture -> BMP
Corrected flat importing
Automatic lump-type detection (for some types)

And stuff I might be able to get in
BMP -> Sprite/Texture/Picture (I only say this because Hotdog recently expressed interest in this. I'm not sure if that's a sure-fire thing. Sorry, it's just an assumption :P)
Fixed FTP Function (though I don't know who even uses this!)
MIDI Support
TEXTURE1/PNAMES support

I really want to get a last release in before I get back to work on BSZ, partially because I want some of these features for myself :P. But yeah, that's somewhat a draft for the next release

I'll reinstall BP3 and get the image manipulator for you as soon as my greedy friend releases my registration number. :\ (I never should've let him borrow those discs with the case...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back