• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 WAD Editor v0.6.0 (Updated 10/31/05)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but...
My Virus Scanner read a virus in this file, and I can't extract it...
It also deleted it earlier, so this presents a problem.
I do not believe you put a virus into this, but I can't use this...
Can you reupload it, please?

First thing it does:
says that there is a virus in a temporary folder: (Comes up twice, with 2 different folders.)
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\00000004
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\00000006
(Note: The 4 can be any given number.)
(Virus Name)
W32/Agent.TI
After that (It does not delete the zip...)
I can try and extract it, but when it attempts the srb2wedit_033.exe
it says it found a virus. Details below:
(Virus name)
W32/Agent.TI
(Infected File)
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 2 for srb2wedit_033.zip\srb2wedit_033.exe

Then it cuts off the rest of it :/

EDIT:
I AM NOT ACCUSING DIGIKU OF SENDING VIRUSES!!!
I THINK IT MAY EVEN BE A PROBLEM WTH MY THING IN THE FIRST PLACE.
PLEASE DO NOT ACCUSE DIGI OF SENDING VIRUSES.

SRB2 WAD Editor v0.6.0 is now released!

Download:
http://digiku.x3dom.net/SRB2/srb2wedit_060.zip (1.62mb)

This is a MAJOR RELEASE fixing bugs and also adding support for sprites.
This is also the last release for a while, I swear! I really wanna get back to work on BSZ @_@!

Anyway, about the suspected trojan (geez, Super Sonic 2005, chill out!), I do suspect that SRB2WE is infected. However, after doing a bit of research, I've decided that removing it is not release-critical; however, it'll be a priority in the next release (unless it's proved that it's not my fault after all).
This has been an effect since 0.1.1, so I've been told. If you haven't experienced any effects since then, you're not in any more danger than you were. AVG Antivirus didn't suspect my exe of a thing, at least.

Andy said:
Wait. So the link to wad AUTHOR doesnt work anymore? Remember you told me that while we were playing a game on SRB2. Is it really true?
What are you talking about? The download link, or the autostart button in WE?

I don't follow...

WADAuthor and SRB2 WAD Editor are two completely different things.

I swear, I should opt for a name change X_X.

I dunno... The Rootenest Tootenest Lumpmod Front-end You Ever Did See? Or TRTLFEYEDS... or Turtlefied.

I like that, actally. Turtlefied. Doesn't make much sense unless you know the full name, but it still sounds cool.

I could try looking through my files. However, seeing as this was one year ago, I doubt I'd have much success.

Wait, no. That's not what I wanted to say. Let's try that again:

Don't waste your time seeking out SRB2 WAD Editor. It's obsolete, as I detail in the archive's "IMPORTANT.TXT":

IMPORTANT.TXT said:
Geez, SRB2 WAD Editor is old stuff now. It doesn't even work half the time!

SRB2 WAD Editor has been deprecated with newer versions of XWE. As of 5/7/06, a prerelease version of XWE supports lowercase naming. The latest stable version is also a good choice - it just lacks the aforementioned lowercase naming. Though, I will warn you: you'll have to be careful with using it. XWE is a little finicky with some processes, and might screw up your wadfile pretty dumbfoundedly. Though, when it's one of your only choices...
Link: http://www.doomworld.com/xwe/

As SSNTails doesn't exactly approve of XWE, I'll also say that DeePsea is a good choice. It's bloated as heck, but its lump management aspect is pretty comprehensive and overall solid. Just press F7! It's also safer to use than XWE!
Link: http://www.sbsoftware.com/

Don't contact me. I'm only doing a service to avert you from wasting your time. Ask other people, why not?
-Digi 5/7/06
Use XWE. It's actually not too bad. It supports lowercase naming, which was kinda' the entire point of SRB2 WAD Editor. SLumpEd is a pretty good alternative as well in case XWE's bugginess makes you nervous. In short, SRB2 WAD Editor is an obsolete, buggy program. You shouldn't use it.

To explain the broken link, the archive was once hosted on web space that has now been expired. Hence, those ad-infested domain holders take the domain name for themselves. Don't ask me for a link. I will not re-host it.

And let this be an announcement to all those who seek out the program. SRB2 WAD Editor is obsolete. One should use XWE instead.

DeePsea in underapreciated. D: And bloated.

But SSN uses it too, so it's cool to get tips from him. ;D

Though I know I've asked Digi for the source SEVERAL times, he doesn't have it. If someone DOES, could they possibly send it to me? I'd LOVE to screw around with this thing in MMF.

I already said "no". Look:

this post[/url],]Don't ask me for a link. I will not re-host it.
Other reasons why I will not honor your request is that, one, I'm telling you that you'd be wasting your time; two, I don't want to encourage other newcomers to waste their time, and three, I've been seeing you around and I can't say I exactly approve of your attitude. Therefore, I don't want to hear you complaining that the program doesn't fulfill your needs (or "is crap", as they like to say.) I think you'd make an needlessly big commotion out of it. I just don't want to hear it.

Digiku said:
I could try looking through my files. However, seeing as this was one year ago, I doubt I'd have much success.

Wait, no. That's not what I wanted to say. Let's try that again:

Don't waste your time seeking out SRB2 WAD Editor. It's obsolete, as I detail in the archive's "IMPORTANT.TXT":

IMPORTANT.TXT said:
Geez, SRB2 WAD Editor is old stuff now. It doesn't even work half the time!

SRB2 WAD Editor has been deprecated with newer versions of XWE. As of 5/7/06, a prerelease version of XWE supports lowercase naming. The latest stable version is also a good choice - it just lacks the aforementioned lowercase naming. Though, I will warn you: you'll have to be careful with using it. XWE is a little finicky with some processes, and might screw up your wadfile pretty dumbfoundedly. Though, when it's one of your only choices...
Link: http://www.doomworld.com/xwe/

As SSNTails doesn't exactly approve of XWE, I'll also say that DeePsea is a good choice. It's bloated as heck, but its lump management aspect is pretty comprehensive and overall solid. Just press F7! It's also safer to use than XWE!
Link: http://www.sbsoftware.com/

Don't contact me. I'm only doing a service to avert you from wasting your time. Ask other people, why not?
-Digi 5/7/06
Use XWE. It's actually not too bad. It supports lowercase naming, which was kinda' the entire point of SRB2 WAD Editor. SLumpEd is a pretty good alternative as well in case XWE's bugginess makes you nervous. In short, SRB2 WAD Editor is an obsolete, buggy program. You shouldn't use it.

To explain the broken link, the archive was once hosted on web space that has now been expired. Hence, those ad-infested domain holders take the domain name for themselves. Don't ask me for a link. I will not re-host it.

And let this be an announcement to all those who seek out the program. SRB2 WAD Editor is obsolete. One should use XWE instead.

XWE has broken stuff, like the fact that:
a) If you change the type of a lump, it doesn't save that.
b) The export feature gives you a blank file.

Well, guess what? SRB2 WAD Editor is even more broken.

And besides, I suggested SLumpEd as a worthy alternative. Look:

I said:
And I also suggested DeePsea. Look again:

I said:
Next time, learn to read.

The only reason any of you should want it is for the SOURCE CODE. Which, by the way, ISN'T in the main zip, so don't bother asking for it.

I can attest to the bugginess that is SRB2WE. I have it. I've used it. It's ONLY good point was lower case letters, which half the time was harder to work with then the ancient-old Hex editor method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back