New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see what's wrong with this game. You guys don't give the new stuff a chance. Personally, the new games are pretty cool to me.

I wish SEGA could do as good a job that STJ did, though. That would be awesome.

I don't see what's wrong with this game. You guys don't give the new stuff a chance. Personally, the new games are pretty cool to me.

Honestly, I've had fun with each of the recent games too, and none were really a problem to me.

Although I do hope they at least plan to have some sort of idea for those 2 acts that are getting replaced... (don't say anything I haven't been reading up on this D:)

But it doesn´t look very logical to download a game for a console wich can contain 160 GB a game wich is side-screened and 2D.

But it doesn´t look very logical to download a game for a console wich can contain 160 GB a game wich is side-screened and 2D.
That still doesn't change the fact that every console Sonic 4 is currently on is, from a technical standpoint, several times superior to the DS, and that porting it is completely impossible without making an altogether different game out of it. Frankly, it's some kind of fucking miracle that even the Wii version escaped with relatively little differences, resolution display aside.

The fact that it's 2D means absolutely nothing. I'm just baffled that anyone should think the DS is more worthy of a 2D game just because it's technically inferior - god know how long people had been waiting for a fully 2D home console Sonic before S4 was announced.

it's some kind of fucking miracle that even the Wii version escaped with relatively little differences, resolution display aside.
Erm, why couldn't the Wii handle it? Its a simple 2.5D platformer, a graphical downgrade is just needed for Sonic 4 to play on the Wii.

Sonic 4 is currently on is, from a technical standpoint, several times superior to the DS, and that porting it is completely impossible without making an altogether different game out of it.

You do realise the game is going to be released for iPod also, right...

Erm, why couldn't the Wii handle it? Its a simple 2.5D platformer, a graphical downgrade is just needed for Sonic 4 to play on the Wii.
It's not nearly as simple as that, and just to reiterate the point again, does not make a lesser console in any way obligated to a port like that. In fact, I don't see why you'd get the Wii version over any other at all, save for the tilt-controlled special stage.

The sheer sense of entitlement coming from Ninty fans here is amazing. Either that, or there are more cheapskates here than I thought.

You do realise the game is going to be released for iPod also, right...
What's your point? It'll end up being a dumbed-down port and nobody will end up appreciating it. Hell, iPod games originally designed for systems with buttons are only barely playable to begin with. Making a DS S4 is one thing, but whoever thought making a version for the iPod of all things was a good idea should've been fired on the spot.

That said, do take into account that my argument isn't that it's impossible to port to lesser systems, rather that in cases like this (where high detail graphics are a selling point, HINTHINT) there's no real point to it and only serves to dumb the game down to the point of making a more or less seperate game. The fact that it's 2.5D is completely irrelevant - You're still trying to port a game from the X360 to a goddamned handheld, and the weakest one on the current market to boot. If things worked that way, we would've seen a Shadow Complex port by now.

Besides that, I was mostly ridiculing your initial logic that stated it was somehow "illogical" to make games of this type for a HD console download service, when surprise surprise, it's the primary market for download services. The fact that they're stronger consoles is not a point against it for that kind of game and I have no idea why you'd think otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back