New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does nobody ever understand any of Bigboi's posts? It's not that hard to understand. He obviously thinks the game sucks, and that getting your hopes up that the released version of the game will be better than what we've seen is useless.

you people are persistent aren't you

And by that, what I mean is they haven't made a Sonic game like the classics since S&K, and you people want them to just toss their newer fans in the desert to please you?

Obviously, this game is a way for newer Sonic fans to kinda see what the older games were about, but in a newer package so as not to scare them away. And you people are bitching about the physics? Really, you guys?

Most of us haven't played it. Some of us may have played a leaked alpha, true, but how long ago was that released? And yet you people wanna bitch about how "they'll never get it right, fuck you the fans can do better"

Here's the thing:

FANS MAKE GAMES BECAUSE THEY ARE FANS OF THE GAMES

SEGA DOES IT BECAUSE THEY NEED MONEY TO SURVIVE

And your moping about the physics, the existance of boost pads, about GREEN EYES doesn't matter to them. Why? Because chances are most of you are still going to buy the game. And whether you do or not, enough people will buy the game for it to be seen as a success in SEGA's point of view.

I think it says something that the people who "love Sonic the most" are the only ones bitching about this game.

And by that, what I mean is they haven't made a Sonic game like the classics since S&K, and you people want them to just toss their newer fans in the desert to please you?
Please explain to me how having a decent physics engine is "tossing their newer fans to the desert"? Honestly, a portion of the problems Sega has been having is that the newer fans will buy anything with Sonic's face on it, so they have no reason to up the quality of their products.

Obviously, this game is a way for newer Sonic fans to kinda see what the older games were about, but in a newer package so as not to scare them away. And you people are bitching about the physics? Really, you guys?
I wouldn't call it bitching. I would call it a legitimate complaint about how what made Sonic unique and fun is being removed entirely. Yes, that matters. A decent physics engine would certainly NOT scare people away. That doesn't even make sense.

Most of us haven't played it. Some of us may have played a leaked alpha, true, but how long ago was that released? And yet you people wanna bitch about how "they'll never get it right, fuck you the fans can do better"
This logic held up about 4 years ago. It no longer does. Sega has been consistently releasing pure and utter shit for games and the fans have proven themselves FAR more capable than Sega of making quality games. Until Sega can fix their track record, the reasoning of "They STILL aren't getting things right, the fans have been doing better for the past 4 years" holds true. Sega now needs to prove that they can make good games, and until they actually release them, skeptics and pessimists are completely right to assume they won't get it right, because they haven't gotten very much right at all since Sonic Adventure 2.

image4vl.jpg

Nintendo Power... Being yet again way too forgiving on Sega's behalf.

You pretty much stopped at the end of his post. But then again.. he is right that Sega does it for money. I don't think they care. :<

Greg, do you know how much garbage is on the Wiiware service? Recommended doesn't mean 10/10. It means its something you should buy. He did complain about the physics and musics. Its not like he was sucking up the entire time.

stopped reading there

If you can't find valid criticisms and concerns over this game, you clearly haven't been reading any of my posts.
Way to ignore his whole post because he said "green eyes". He even mentioned other complaints right before it.

I'm just going off of previous experience. Y'know... like Unleashed, SatBK, Mario and Sonic titles, etc. etc?

I just don't have reason to trust their reviews after so much blind faith in Sega.
There's a difference between mistrusting something and automatically believing it's wrong. In other words, previous Sonic games sucked and they gave them good reviews. So you assume they're being forgiving again, which as a logical consequence means the game sucks. You don't know if they're too forgiving as long as you don't know if the game might actually deserve that review.

image4vl.jpg

Nintendo Power... Being yet again way too forgiving on Sega's behalf.
what the guy said in the article, "the music isn't as catchy" thats because, some people don't know this but, michael jackson wrote the music for the sonic game's... and now that he's dead and they made sonic 4 the music obviously WILL not be as catchy...

I thought MJ only wrote for Sonic 3. I didn't even think he was involved in Sonic and Knuckles.

thats what they supposedly said and if you listen to some of the music in his other games you can here like the "thriller" tune in there!

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

guy's who really cares?? it really come's down to this, if your a TRUE sonic fan then none of you would care this much and you would just be happy that SEGA has decided to make a new sonic game in 2D format! they don't have to make this and yes they do do it for the money, all the company's do, but does it really matter? don't you guys WANT more sonic game's inSTEAD of sonic dyeing out of existence? really the only one's everyone should be blaming for sonic failing is the fan's who change, they get tired of sonic staying the same, thats whats good about sonic! so what if he looks different! he's STILL sonic! who care's about if he has green eyes or black-ish brown? it's still sonic and were STILL fan's of him! so we should be happy for sonic getting a new game out!

Unless that new game claims to be a "return to the classic formula" when, in actuality, is plagued with flaws that are blatantly obvious to anyone who played the first four games (1,2,CD,3&K) and those know exactly what the "classic formula" is.

guy's who really cares?? it really come's down to this, if your a TRUE sonic fan then none of you would care this much and you would just be happy that SEGA has decided to make a new sonic game in 2D format!
So you mean to say that if you are a Sonic fan, you will be happy about any game regardless of how bad it is?

don't you guys WANT more sonic game's inSTEAD of sonic dyeing out of existence?
I bet a lot of people would have no problem with having no Sonic games rather than ones they dislike.

they get tired of sonic staying the same, thats whats good about sonic!
But Sonic doesn't stay the same.

Way to ignore his whole post because he said "green eyes". He even mentioned other complaints right before it.
I stopped reading it because it's clear he's missing the point if he's referring to modern Sonic as "green eyes". No Sonic fan, classic or modern, thinks that "green eyes" are a complaint that defines modern Sonic and subsequently knows what he's talking about. (Rest assured, I would have disregarded his post without that little detail anyway. But since we're on the subject....)

Redechidna, I've never outright said that Sonic 4 is going to suck, but there are legitimate reasons for being concerned about its quality, and at this point, there have been enough leaks, previews, news, what have you, to consider that we have a decent perspective of how the game is doing. I consider stale content and physics to be real issues that hinder the entertainment value of a game. You can call it "bitching", or you can call it an opinion laid out in full detail. Personally, I don't think the two are synonymous, but you're free to feel otherwise.

Some people may buy Sonic 4 for the sake of having personal experience on the game, but I'm just going to leave it to my own judgment of whether or not I'll actually enjoy the game once it comes out. After all, I like classic Sonic games, not modern Sonic games. Therefore, I don't have to submit myself to the mentality of "I am a Sonic fan, I must enjoy Sonic games" like you so suggest.

what the guy said in the article, "the music isn't as catchy" thats because, some people don't know this but, michael jackson wrote the music for the sonic game's... and now that he's dead and they made sonic 4 the music obviously WILL not be as catchy...
Pffhaha, what? Michael Jackson only wrote music for Sonic the Hedgehog 3, dude, and even then, it was a little less than half of the soundtrack. There are a lot more composers to classic Sonic games than you might think. Masato Nakamura did the soundtracks for Sonic 1 and 2, Jun Senoue and Tetsuyuki Maeda did the Genesis version of Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic 3 & Knuckles was composed by Jun, Tetsuyuki, Masayuki Nagao, Howard Drossin.... The list goes on.

The reason why Sonic 4's soundtrack doesn't sound very good is because the instrument selection is crappy and the tunes only have Jun Senoue's influence. That's about as simple as it gets.

I stopped reading it because it's clear he's missing the point if he's referring to modern Sonic as "green eyes". No Sonic fan, classic or modern, thinks that "green eyes" are a complaint that defines modern Sonic and subsequently knows what he's talking about. (Rest assured, I would have disregarded his post without that little detail anyway. But since we're on the subject....)
He gave more reasons than the green eyes, you know. Those were just a final exaggeration (and I assure you, there are idiots who think Sonic 4 sucks because Sonic has green eyes).

Redechidna, I've never outright said that Sonic 4 is going to suck
I don't think he referred specifically to you.

He gave more reasons than the green eyes, you know. Those were just a final exaggeration (and I assure you, there are idiots who think Sonic 4 sucks because Sonic has green eyes).

I don't doubt that. There's idiots on all parts of the spectrum; likewise, there are people with fair reasons for liking modern Sonic games, and I respect that.

I don't think he referred specifically to you.
There are still plenty of people in the thread that I think have similar viewpoints, and I think it's worth elaborating on why the pessimism on this subject is valid.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2006: It sucks because Shadow and Silver run slow, they got rid of the guns but still sucks because Shadow knows how to drive, and Silver runs slow, everyone in Sonic is suppoused to break the sound barrier and run at 350 Miles Per Hour !1!!!!!!1!!1! Also Sonic´s voice is gay, it sounds gay and that shits the entire game up. I havn´t played the game, but another fantard said it sucks, and he must be right!

Sonic 06 sucks for a MUCH better reasons than these. It was a complete rush job. There are endless amounts of glitches that break the game, the plot was a complete joke, and Sonic's relationship with Elise is just... ugh. *shudders*

Yes, I did buy the game. I sold it before I even beat though, I just simply couldn't stand playing the rest of the game with these disgusting bugs (No pun intended.) surrounding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back