Pokemon coming to an end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supersonic2p3 said:
Fyrus said:
:SonicMaster: said:
Or, to go with Chisuun's idea in a conversation on Steam, remove the turn-based Pokémon battles and make them real-time.

I've thought about this for a while, and even thought of some design plans.

Imagine this. You're walking in a 3d field with a top down view similar to the Banjo-Kazooie camera. You walk into a grassy patch, and you run into a Pikachu. A battle starts. The battle style would be similar to that of the Castlevania: Judgement game. you would have a normal attack, some combo's and 4 specials, each requiring you press the B button and doing a combination of buttons. When you initiate a special, it would stop time for a small scene, similar to the Final Smash. It would deal massive damage, but draws power from a gauge. When the Pokemon is weak enough, you press a button that goes into a Pokemon Colloseum style catch sequence. It would then give you you're experience, level ups, new moves, etc. And a reward.
that is such a great i dea only I was thinking of a kingdom hearts style fighting

Err... this style wouldn't suit the game series at all. You walk around and when you run into a trainer, you just instantly toss out a pokeball and give the pokemon commands? I think the Style I described would be more fitting.

That will require a lot of data because of the number of Pokemon and moves and the fact Pokemon mostly do their games in portable way. Mystery Dungeon is closest to that but I know what you mean .That will be a awesome spin off however.

Far as I know, pokemon has pretty much reached it's limit and i don't see the anime being any more addicting than the Kanto and johto sagas.

My thoughts on the anime is that ash should just grow up (seriously), face the elite four and be done with the series once and for all becomming the master he has ventured for years.

The games seem to be the same as usual but with better improvements. Diamond, pearl, and platinum give me flashbacks of my well spent time playing gold version with it's time & gender system. It gave it a life-like feel to the wilderness that you walk in and less gender confusion :p

My problem with the turn based system games is that....it's just seems to be dead for some reason. Why, well ever since gold, silver, and crystal were released, it was the main talk of the country for years. As mentioned already, it gave us time, it gave us kanto, and it gave us the champion of pokemon and the right to take his title, and it showed the fall of the most powerful evil team that would be considered legend: Team Rocket.

Now that newer games like Ruby or diamond are out, it's just not as fun as we had witness in are past lives. Sure, maybe the system will still be in your favor, but really.....a creation of more fictional animals will result of more useless pokemon, another copy/pasted wannabe Team rocket, ect.

The only series I don't see dying yet would be Mystery Dungeon. Why that perticular game?

First off, you decide what pokemon you will become by a simple (yet quizzila related) quiz, and boom your a pokemon who has no knowledge of his whereabout while accompanied by your partner of your choice.

The grid system felt like a real-time fire emblem game, but more cute and at times unexpectingly annoying at points. But we want difficulty to make it more worth while no?

Though the plot in the first two games of it's release (red & blue rescue) was sadly pitaful and generic, the gameplay really did back it up and saved it.

The second game would really be the true sucessor of the mystery dungeon series. The plot was more deep and detailed than some stories i've seen in most RPG games. In other words, they did what we wanted them to do, pull off a story thats just as addicting as maybe...orcarina's story? Or somewhat similar? I think you guys should judge that for yourselves. Though the beginning is the same as the first, what cuts it off would be the mysterious voices shown in the dialouge revolving around an unknown conflict. An ability your character has called, dimentional scream that gives you the ability to see both past and future events. And your partner's tablet? It's more than just junk if you think about it ;)

But besides their improved story, the gameplay was fixed of it's errors. And example would be the correcting of overpowered moves like "attract". Not to mention your bag's carrying capacity has increased for players to be more prepared than before. And eggs have been introduced to get rare pokemon to serve you.

What im trying to say really, is that mystery dungeon gives you more to do and to discover and challenges your mind to over come traps and enemy pokemon and difficult decisive moments.

now that newer games like Ruby or diamond

Ruby and diamond.....lolwut? Why are you combining a dead generation with an ill generation?

Anyways Ruby is old...Diamond is getting kicked by Platinum.

I also liked to note...look at Pokemon Leafgreen and Firered..Nintendo could do that for gold/silver/crystal.

Or simply just reuse Pokemon or make another series altogether. (Like maybe a 3-D pokemon XD kind?)

I think this series is perfect MMO material, I mean the large over world, loads of towns and multiple regions that are in the series now would make a interesting little game in my opinion.

super said:
I think this series is perfect MMO material, I mean the large over world, loads of towns and multiple regions that are in the series now would make a interesting little game in my opinion.

Pokemon online. Its like emerald, only its with millions of players! Wee, aren't fan games fun?

Fyrus said:
super said:

Pokemon online. Its like emerald, only its with millions of players! Wee, aren't fan games fun?

Link please?

Fyrus said:
Sorry, I cant find it. I have the one I used to go to, however, and I found it fun. http://www.pokemonbattlearena.net/

Just go to Byond and look up pokemon. They have a better one with somewhat better graphics. I've been playing it for the past month, and it's very addicting, but gym leaders are harder this time.

Autosaver said:
Ruby and diamond.....lolwut? Why are you combining a dead generation with an ill generation?

Uh, maybe because thats where the bucket came in? The weather system was a nice touch, but seeing another recolored Team antagonist pretty much drew the line. What you missed was the fact of me saying that the new generation games are sometimes missing the factors from old gen that would make them better. (sounds familiar?)

Platinum is just a game with more content like it's other third predecessors that mocks all others for it's new areas, better graphics, freedom of including all wild pokemon in the region, and a new HUD and guess what MAMA!? The trainers & pokemon are animated!!!

And anyway, expect to fail at your pokedex again since they just shown a new pokemon in it's new movie. This is really the reason why im very mellow about releases of the turn-based pokemon games.

Definitely. The more variety the better. Just as long as we see no more Pidgey and Rattata clones. Give me some OU grass types, dammit.

Rob said:
Definitely. The more variety the better. Just as long as we see no more Pidgey and Rattata clones. Give me some OU grass types, dammit.

new grass types, yes

More pokemon though.....I just don't see it anymore.

My friend and I are fans, but my friend lost interest since Ruby Version because there were too many Pokemon. But now that the new Wi-fi station is up, he's thinking about getting a DS and Pokemon Platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back