GBA Sonic I = Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not buying this either way, Sonic went too slow in the original to differentiate himself from Mario... =/

What we NEED is a Sonic 2 remake, ON the DS.

wat we ned is sonci 4 on ds lol

Really, a lot of Sonic games would probably remake well on the DS, but naming them all isn't gonna do much good. =P

That's true, but Sonic R has one very good reason for needing a DS port.

The original and PC ports don't have/have limited working online play. A DS port would obviously rectify that. That's really the only problem Sonic R ever had, lack of good multi-player support.

Dark Warrior said:
That's true, but Sonic R has one very good reason for needing a DS port.

The original and PC ports don't have/have limited working online play. A DS port would obviously rectify that. That's really the only problem Sonic R ever had, lack of good multi-player support.

I'd like to see Sonic R make a DS port as well...

I mean, Mario kart DS supported 4 players (including yourself) while racing...
So im thinking that Sonic R should do the same thing

Dark Warrior said:
have/have

....what?

Dark Warrior teh mighty said:
That's really the only problem Sonic R ever had, lack of good multi-player support.

Yeah, togheter with lack of good character ability's(I mean, DOUBLE JUMP?!?!) music(with vocals, of course), lack of difficulty, lack of decent or many levels, lack of good graphics, need I go on?

Super mystic sonic said:
Dark Warrior said:
have/have

....what?

Dark Warrior teh mighty said:
That's really the only problem Sonic R ever had, lack of good multi-player support.

Yeah, togheter with lack of good character ability's(I mean, DOUBLE JUMP?!?!) music(with vocals, of course), lack of difficulty, lack of decent or many levels, lack of good graphics, need I go on?

(clears throat)

1.) The character abilities each character had allowed for specific playstyles and variations of the ordinary track routes that led to greatly enchanced replay value due to the fact that each character controls COMPLETELY different. Play as Sonic and then choose Amy and you'll see what I mean.

2.) The music is bloody fantastic. I don't think much more needs to be said, really.

3.) Lack of difficulty? While I'll admit it was a little on the easy side, playing as Super Sonic in Radiant Emerald can be rather tough (For some reason, all the CPU players gain tremendous amounts of unseen intelligence and speed when this occurs), and there's always those mythical things I've often heard referred to as friends. You could always face them.

4.) I thought the level design was superb, myself. Lots of different branching paths to go through and shortcuts to seek, all while preserving the speed the game was built for. Unfortunately, yes, there could have been more levels, but, hey, quality over quantity.

5.) It could be debated that Sonic R showcased the very best of the Saturn's graphical potential, surpassing even NiGHTS. Again, this could be debated, but... it is certainly not an ugly game in any respect. (Also do note the Saturn version was actually PRETTIER since both the GameCube and PC releases of the game do not contain the fancy transparency and alpha channel effects.

So no, you really don't need to go on.

Maou-Shin Daioka said:
This is an extremely crazy idea but.......
What about a NiGHTS remake on the DS
I can't figure out the control scheme yet...

Are you serious?

GO SADX!!!

Seriously. I suck at that game but I just plain love it.

But really, SEGA should take a hint from SRB2...

EDIT:

On Sonic R, the music itself is awesome, but the vocals suck. You can, however, turn them off. Good move, TT!

Well, capturing Ideya can be utilized by touching the touch screen, I don't know.
But a NiGHTS DS remake wouldn't be so bad , in my opinion.

Well, looks like you were right, Bigboi. 4/10 from Play Magazine (which, in contrast, gave the 360 game a 9.5/10), and a whopping 1.5/5 stars from GameSpy (although the latter seems to think the game's based on the Game Gear game, for whatever reason). Biggest reason? Slowdown and pop-up like you wouldn't believe. Yes, pop-up. In a 2D game. On a console that's even more powerful than the Genesis to begin with. This is an absolute insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back