• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Walls of the Void (Map Pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good, but maybe the houses could be kinda bigger? Also, one thing: Are we going to hear GLaDOS talking to us or something in aperture science? If so, will it be in cecho scripts or sound files?

Looks good, but maybe the houses could be kinda bigger? Also, one thing: Are we going to hear GLaDOS talking to us or something in aperture science? If so, will it be in cecho scripts or sound files?

tumblr_m83ltxqS131qg4pnfo1_500.gif

Lol jk. I'm not sure yet, I'm thinking about it, but if I would add it, it would most likly be sound files due to my not knowing what cecho scripts are.

Wow, this looks like it took a lot of work, it looks awesome.
The game-hopping idea reminds me of the movie Wrech-It-Ralph.
The Portal 2 concept sounds like it would work really well in COOP, it would make COOP games a lot more interesting because there would be a reason to work together instead of COOP being a non-competitive RACE.

Wow, this looks like it took a lot of work, it looks awesome.
The game-hopping idea reminds me of the movie Wrech-It-Ralph.
The Portal 2 concept sounds like it would work really well in COOP, it would make COOP games a lot more interesting because there would be a reason to work together instead of COOP being a non-competitive RACE.

Hm, there is a way for me to make COOP maps, maybe I will as an extra download.

I decided to forget the "three pictures" thing because there are lots of cool places to show. So, here are two more Portal map pictures:

So far, this is looking really cool! You have all of my hope that this wad will be finished!

In my opinion it gets really good when you get to the third portal map.

Also, New update: New level: The Alamo from Red Alert 2. More info was edited into the original post. The layout is fully planned, just needs to be built.

I'm not sure about this yet, but for now:

Update: New title screen:

I might change it later, not sure though.

The circle in the middle spells "The Walls of the Void" in the ancient language of the TimeLords, known as Gallifreyan. The line above "The Walls of the Void" written in english is a crack in space and time. That is the crack that sends people and places in and out of the Void.

EDIT: I started working on the Blizzard Island map.

EDITO NUMERO DOS: I updated all the maps in terms of texture alignments. The pictures will be updated next time I have, well, time.

Last edited:
Title screen's looking pretty good, but do you think you could spice up the text font? The one that's shown in the picture feels quite simplimistic, when you look at the fancy space background that's on the screen.

Also, mini update here: I changed the map from Pallet Town - Victory Road, to Pallet Town - Cerulean City. When I was making the map, I figured it would be too small, but I also noticed the level was lacking, so I decided that the beginning will be similar to the gameboy version of "Pokémon FireRed", and then later on the map will become more similar to a Sonic game style.

EDIT: Also, I replaced the picture for the Portal maps as seen in the original post of this topic.

Last edited:
I started working on the BOSS for the Portal maps, and here is the first sprite (sprites fully converted to SRB2 color pallets):

(Who would have known that SRB2 has the PERFECT pallet to make GLaDOS?)

Anyone? SRB2 has a considerable amount of grey tones in its palette line. :Y

(Sorry for horrible quality, the photo was taken from my phone due to internet and location problems.)

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

The picture above is a horrible quality photo of a level I've been working on, and forgot to mention. Originally it was going to be a let alone pack, but instead I decided to add it to wov. That picture sorta shows the vehicle the player will use in the level.

level name: Death Egg Run.
Objective: the player will be piloting an x-wing from star wars, and will have to fly around in it doing certain things (depending on which stage of the level you are on)

I've also been working on Babidi's Ship, from Dragon Ball Z. In the level Sonic will meet Goku, and will learn how to shoot ki blasts. Using ki blasts, the player can use it to attack enemies, and will add more challenging situations that will be seen in game.

Edit: btw, srb2dude, though the idea of this level is similar to your skywars (which I have not tried out yet due to my location problems), this is not a copy of your idea, and sorry if it seems that way but its not. At first I had planned to make the DeLorean from Back to the Future in flying mode, and making the skateboard the driving car form of it, until I ported the sonic 06 buggy model for the skateboard, so I decided to make a star wars rogue squadron map pack, until, as mentioned earlier, I decided to add it to the Walls of the Void.

Last edited:
Right-o, here is a better quality photo of how the x-wing will look:

I've been working on an MD2s for the map pack (models taken from the models resource), and this will be the md2 for Sonic (frames based off the SRB2 sprites, but with a modern Sonic sense to it):

Super Sonic transformation included:

Super Sonic Running:

Hurt animation (Forgive for the horrible modern eggman textured boss :P):

Now, remember when I said the frames are based off the SRB2 sprites? Compare the next two images to Sonic's walking sprites:

These two really show the similarities between the sprites and the frames of the md2:

Last edited:
Did I spotted a laser wisp? On the 9th screenshot. What is it going to be used for? (Sorry, the quote thingie is messed up)

Last edited:
Did I spotted a laser wisp? On the 9th screenshot. What is it going to be used for? (Sorry, the quote thingie is messed up)

:o Yeah its the Cyan Wisp, but that had nothing to do with anything I posted, that kinda just hopped into the screenshot :P. It is an MD2 model that I found somewhere that replaces the animals that come out of the badniks with all the Wisps. The Wisps won't actually be included in the map pack seeing as to how it is not mine.

Updates: I have finished Blizzard Island, did a good amount on Babidi's Ship, also decided to add an extra level to the Babidi's Ship section that shows the outside of his ship.

I have also decided to make multiplayer maps, that will have different games for different gametypes. For example, Co-op maps will have 2 players going through Aperture science in a cooprative testing course, which both players need to actually co-operate with each other to beat, race maps will have stages from F-Zero, and other race games, capture the flag will be Rebel Alliance vs Empire (from star wars, if I can make it happen, needs testing), Match will be Dragon Ball Z Ki fights, such as shooting Ki blasts, or Big Bang attacks.

I also made some a "new title". The reason for the air quotes, is because I did this when I was bored and not sure if it will be used, but here it is:

And here is a random picture I made using the models that will be used in the map pack:

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

Sorry for double post, but I also will add an extra download in the releases that will have a "Walls of the Void" style Sonic sprite thingy-ma-boby. Here are two gifs that show a comparison between the original sprites and the ones that will be along with the map pack that will be optional to download:

5997d7d9f0f72021ef51814899bcc162.gif

df37dc54eebcadf728379d853512cc08.gif

Last edited:
I started working on the X-wing levels, and so far it looks fantastic (I will upload the pictures when I can, for right now I am on a mobile device). The levels are huge, sonic pilots an X-wing, collects rings, battles tie fighters, and depending on the level, has to achieve a primary objective.

Updated the pokemon levels to make the towns look more beautiful, and to had a bit more 'speed' involved in the levels to feel like a Sonic game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back