SRB2 Chaos Twilight V2b Released! (Page 15 news)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyperknux said:
Angelus_the_echidna said:
Okay, I have but one problem: I accidentally jumped in that small pond near the beginning. Being Tikal, I tried to save the mistake, but I couldn't because I couldn't latch on to anything. That's like, uncool. LET ME CLIMB WALLS, MAN!!

That's because I'm really nice in an evil way, and put some walls unclimbable to actually play through the level instead of skipping a lot of it.

Damn you I'm knuckles...always!

Jadennova said:
Hyperknux said:
Angelus_the_echidna said:
Okay, I have but one problem: I accidentally jumped in that small pond near the beginning. Being Tikal, I tried to save the mistake, but I couldn't because I couldn't latch on to anything. That's like, uncool. LET ME CLIMB WALLS, MAN!!

That's because I'm really nice in an evil way, and put some walls unclimbable to actually play through the level instead of skipping a lot of it.

Damn you I'm knuckles...always!

It's not in all levels. Just some where I don't want people cheating in certain stages. Damn Tails players unfortunately can avoid this unless I can change the flying time *writes on list for V2*

Here's my review of the new 5 acts (includes revamped Green Peaks 1) + Arid Oasis:

Galaxy Forteress 1: No
CHECKPOINTS!!!!
I couldn't pass this act because of the big lack of checkpoints, and because of the awesomness dificulty that inhabitates this act.

Galaxy Forteress 2: no more lack of check points, thank god, unfortunately, like in act 1, it's so hard. Also, there's the script lump that's missing there.

GF Overall: Very good imagination and creation in the acts, but they are so hard that I had to use the "exitlevel command" to get out of them. 4/10

Alter Path: 2 words: short, and cheap: Short because, for beeing a "RIP-OFF of PAZ", it was very short. Cheap because that some platforms are too far away, and even spindash-jump lets you go "in front" of the selected platform, making you fall in the pit, and I died 4 times in that part (I know how to pass PAZ on hard mode, so don't call me as someone useless in platforming)

AP Overall: again, good imagination making a RIP-OFF of PAZ, but again, it's not enough. 3/10

"Super Sonic Zone" (I don't remember the zone name): Why do you give all the emeralds at that zone? Doesn't make sense, at all... Also, why are there turrets at the parts when you're in Super Sonic, still doesn't make sense... Also, you forgot to add 1 or 2 checkpoints, since it's obvious that it should have for a so long stage. Also, why Eggman has the same machine, it's just too easy, still doesn't make sense...

"SSZ" Overall: Very good stage, in terms of again, imagination, creation, and graphics. It's not that bad in terms of playing, but it's too easy, but I think it's enough for having a good note. 6/10

(New) Green Peaks 1: I appriciated, it's more bigger, and better, and it's enjoyable to play. But there's a little flaw, when you're at the tree, before the houses, you don't notice the red buzzes that comes at you, that's what happened to me, and I got hurt, take those 2 buzzes there, you don't really need of them here. 9,5/10

Arid Oasis (not new stage I know, but I wanted to rate this so meh): For a "mario mode stage", I think it's not bad, but it could be better, some enemy local's a bit cheap since it hurts when you come, also, when you thok, you usually bounce on enemies, and on these parts, you die in a pit because of the incontrolable thok-bounce trick. but the stage's not that bad. 7/10

Also, you still forgot to put Sand Kingdom 1 in the multiplayer level select, and to decrease the slime speed in Metal Mechanism 3.

I enojyed Galaxy Fortress's gimmick, but act two was awful. It is nearly uncompleteable as Sonic because of the extremely high jumps, and sudden pits of death. Add the overuse of enemies and cramped areas make most of the level unenjoyable.

Your Super Sonic final battle could have been better too, it was far too easy with Super Sonic, those turrents should have knocked Sonic back when he got hit. So should Eggman's bullets. Perhaps adding a few ring depleting sectors would help add to difficulty?

Oh wait... I forgot to mention that you forgot to fix the grass edge for the sector the exit sign in Mineral Valley Zone act 2 is in.

Chrome said:
I enojyed Galaxy Fortress's gimmick, but act two was awful. It is nearly uncompleteable as Sonic because of the extremely high jumps, and sudden pits of death. Add the overuse of enemies and cramped areas make most of the level unenjoyable.

Your Super Sonic final battle could have been better too, it was far too easy with Super Sonic, those turrents should have knocked Sonic back when he got hit. So should Eggman's bullets. Perhaps adding a few ring depleting sectors would help add to difficulty?

With the super turrets, do you tag it with the deaf tag for it to happen? because I've been trying to find out in ages. And yeah the ring deleting gimimck sounds like an idea.

The emenies however I have put less amount compared to others, although I may remove a few in some spots.

And yes, I will be redoing a few parts of GFZ act 2, but it is supposed to be based on the drawing I did, even though I didn't like some bits myself.

I got this planned for V2's release which won't be for a small while yet because I'm fixing a crap load of stuff I forgot to do after I released it.

And Brown, if you read my post in pge 15 (I think) I did not copy PAZ, it is similar, but I did make this myself as I said in my post.

And now there is a srb2ffh link on the first post of the topic

Re: SRB2: Chaos Twilight V1 out now! =D (link definetely fix

Why i got a invalid download link?
I like this mod!

Damn it, thanks for spotting that. Damn srb2ffh link copying >.> oh well I got it right this time round.

Alrighty, I gave this a shot, and for the most part, this delivers. There are a few major issues that really need to be addressed, though.

First, there are FAR too many places where the instant you get moving fast, you run off into a bottomless pit. It happens constantly, and I died far more to "hey I can go fast now wait that's a pit" than any intentional hazard you presented. A particularly memorable example would be in the sixth zone's section in the Super Sonic level, where you run forward on the path right into a bottomless pit that the player cannot see. You need to make pits more obvious, or use less of them. There are quite a few places where you run right into things you can't see that hit you, as well. Springs lead onto platforms with enemies you can't see until you land, and downward staircases lead right into Crawlas you can't see until they're hitting you. Challenge is one thing, but make sure the player has a fair shot to avoid dying to it.

Second, a lot of the passages are small. This wouldn't be much of a problem if there wasn't stuff blocking you from moving. There are enemies EVERYWHERE, and while they don't really kill you, they constantly force you to take it slow or get hit. Lessen up on the enemies a tad, or replace them with more difficult enemies that are more interesting. 100 Crawlas in a room isn't challenging, it's just annoying.

Third, there were sections where rings weren't deafed, particularly in the first zone, you might want to fix that.

Finally, there is that jump in 7-2. The problem with it isn't the difficulty as much as the fact that those blue springs make it look like you can run and bounce when in reality you'll fall to your death if you touch them. That's just stupidly mean and punishes the player insanely for no reason. I eventually did complete the stage by doing a Crawla bounce, using the low gravity section before that room to gain enough height that when I hit the Crawla in the room with normal gravity I had enough height to land onto the platform outside. I have no idea how you're "supposed" to complete that section as Sonic; the blue springs seem impossible.

With a few changes to let the player run around without fear of running right into a pit this could be a decent mod, but as it stands it's solidly in the average. Worth playing just because of how much content there is, but not worth replaying until those issues are fixed.

After using GOD mode and DEVMODE to skip to that map, I discovered you can thok into the blue springs, brush against that platform, and land on one WAY to your left. Only problem is that there's a Blue Crawla there, so I don't know what to do, either.

Thanks for feedback both who recently replied. I am currently working on toning the enemies down, as I've done it on most stages, and tried to not put too much in, as I like to make it challenging, but I may of overdone it a bit. I have removed quite a few deathpits for the next release, and as I said a while back, the rings are deafed, but maybe not high enough to those who think they may not be deafed.

The 7-2 path is currently having some stuff sorted out. I took down the issues of that in notepad, so expect a change in next release.

Aha, I figured it out. You have to face Sonic parallel to the line of Blue Springs, and thok onto a platform far left of that one in front of you that you can't get. It doesn't have a Blue Crawla on it, but then again, as soon as I landed on it, the sheer landing speed made me fall off. Ugh.

Yeah, I kind of didn't want to give it away so people can find a way of getting to the other side, which I tried to make it fun. I could add a few more gimmicks on APZ, and redo some of the gimmicks in the 2 levels to make them look better than the ones in this current release.

Yes, this mod has definitely kept my interest. The one thing I like most about it is the replayability. Just when I thought I had seen it all, I was hit with an emerald location change that made me have to look in more out of the way places for them.

The part I enjoyed the hell out of, was the Super Sonic run. Going through all 7 stages at once made it feel like you were warping through time and space to stop the mad doctors' plot once and for all.

Unfortunately, I was kinda disappointed after all that I was put through, that the final battle against Robotnik was that easy. with enough rings, all I had to do was stand still, and he'd go and commit suicide by ramming.

Other than that, I had a hell of a time playing it.

I'm going to try and make a custom eggman boss sometime for the mod, whenever it's for the next release or whenever I know how to do it. I only just got used to scenery, and a few bits & bobs.

So far I've done
Removed most death pits in levels. Mainly Green Peaks, and working on Mineral Valley.
Focusing getting rid of half the enemies in the level as most people requested.
Sorting out GFZ act 2 & Alter Path.

It seems like I'm the only one who actually made it through the blue-springed part without doing anything special, or just plain failing. It took some time though, but it's possible to get on one of the first two platforms nearest to the springs.

I have thought about, and started revamping Magma Cavern Zone. I've started act 1 tonight, but I'm most likely to do more this weekend as I got a crap load of college assignments to do. And I'm also editing some bits on Alter Path, and previous posts is what I'm currently doing.

Ice said:
It seems like I'm the only one who actually made it through the blue-springed part without doing anything special, or just plain failing. It took some time though, but it's possible to get on one of the first two platforms nearest to the springs.

I made it too, but in order for me to just barely make it, I had to get rid of every red Crawla in the room, all three Jetty-Syn Gunners, and spindash off the blue springs. Once I did all of that, I made it on to the platform by a hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back