Any of you here play without a mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashovare

I do much of the time, for reasons I'm not going to list right now, but it's annoying not having one! You can only shoot straight in front of you, while the Sonic jumping over you blasts you to smitherines! Anyone else get annoyed for lack of a mouse?

Ashovare said:
I do much of the time, for reasons I'm not going to list right now, but it's annoying not having one! You can only shoot straight in front of you, while the Sonic jumping over you blasts you to smithereens! Anyone else get annoyed for lack of a mouse?

I am annoyed at having a sucky mouse. I use Mousekeys and keyboard memetics (Alt+F to get the file menu, etc.), and that sucks for WAD editing.

The mouse is the reason FuriousFox, Mystic, Shuffle, and a slew of others can kill you in an instant. So you'd be very, very wrong.

I usually go without mouse. I actually won one game by alot, but in a later game I got sorely whipped, so I guess it's hit and miss.

I use mouse and the WASD settings. Always. However, I think the default mouse speed is too EDIT: slothy (sloppy isn't exactly accurate), so I turned it up a bit for quick turning.

I use my mouse, but only for quick turning. I dont look with it...maybe that's why I can't stand the rail ring.

The mouse-look is what gives some of the players, like MegaSonic, a GREAT advantage to those without mouses. Even when In do play with my mouse...it's not sensitive enough. I'm thinking I'm going to get a G-cube controller adaptor for my comp and try using that.

Mouse for everything but Single Player...
Think of it this way:

(FuriousFox is right above you!)
<You> AGH! He's right above me! D:
<Team Member> Then shoot him!
* You Bash the look up button as hard as you can
* You slowly look up
* You have been killed by FuriousFox's ring.

The best part about using a mouse is quicker turning, honestly. It helps in any mode of play to be able to turn completely around instantly. Obviously, it's more helpful in match/ctf to have that ability, but there are times when playing single player where it can be very helpful, especially when trying to time attack. It does take a bit to get the hang of it, but I highly encourage you to give it a shot. I do agree, though, that the default mouse sensitivity is far too low. I play with the mouselook at the right end of the bar, but not beyond it (the mouselook actually keeps going off to the right beyond the end of the visible bar for some reason)

I use 1st person view, but I don't strafe or use the mouse at all, I only use the mouse to aim quicker at enemies.

Dark Warrior said:
The mouse is the reason FuriousFox, Mystic, Ritz, and a slew of others can kill you in an instant. So you'd be very, very wrong.
Fixed!

Anyway, I use the keyboard for SP/race, but a mouse is essential if you intend to go against anyone competent in any other gametype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back