SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X)

Old 02-23-2009   #2921
Koopadawg
Permanently Banned
Default ...

Can somebody make srb2 riders for mac?
Old 02-23-2009   #2922
Chaos Zero 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'll Begin
Wow.

I didn't realise complex cutscenes caused that much lag.
I was doing all of this on my sister's computer, which only has 64MB RAM. There were a few scenes that lagged a little, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'll Begin
Oh, and I'd suggest a lower framerate. One that's a factor of both 35 and whatever the video is, if possible. Otherwise, 7 works, since it's a factor of 35. You'd probably be able to squeeze a lot more into SRB2 that way, even though it'd be really jerky.
I gave it a 10 the first time. It missed a few frames, so it wasn't smooth. Slow parts like when you see Storm and Tails get on their boards, it wasn't smooth. What I CAN do is give it a 7 to the rest of the frames.

I was thinking already of removing lots of scenes anyway. On the first scene when the camera goes up, I can simply skip the next scene and jump to the one where the water comes gushing out of the tunnel holes. That will certainly save a lot of frames from being used.
Your and You're. Learn the difference.
Old 02-23-2009   #2923
Flame
"It's ok, I like you too!"

I was relitively bored and decided to open this up in XWE. I took notice that the MAINCFG had the animation halting itself every scene (Six images) to display the following;
Code:
TextXPos = 320
TextYPos = 200
SceneText =  
      #
This is of course where the lag or delays are coming from. Not sure if this can be resolved but that's my way of thinking.

Also taking note of the following;
Code:
Scene 1
NumberOfPICs = 8
I noticed these lines at the start of every scene. How about increasing the number? Or does that not work?
 '---" -(_ /._)--'(_\_)
Old 02-23-2009   #2924
Chaos Zero 64

I could try removing the text. Couldn't hurt to try. And if I would be able to add more NumberOfPics, I wouldn't had them at 8. I think I asked AJ before 1.46.3 was released.
Old 03-06-2009   #2925
Chaos Zero 64

With Spring Break, I'll now have time to work on the levels and any unfinished work. Like Wave, since most of her walking sprites were already finished. If she's not released, then it was all a waste of mine and Monster's time.

Something else I'm looking forward to do is cutscenes. Unlike the one I released earlier, I want to make it similar to SRB2's intro, but done in a way of screenshots. Like Callum's old TBE mod.

For example, when Eggman announces the Ex World Grand Prix, I want everyone on the characters list to hear about it. Silver and Blaze will be sitting together on a Cafe, with their heads turned torwards the TV screen. Shadow and Rouge will probably be somewhere up high, looking at the TV too. Just random excuses for including everyone on the cutscenes, without making them playable. Sort of like how Amy is part of the Sonic Riders story, but you don't play as her.

The reason I'm posting this is because I simply need help with the script. Mostly ideas that will give a reason for someone like Silver to be part of the race, without loosing focus on Team Sonic and Team Babylon.
Old 03-06-2009   #2926
super
newbe comic artist

Maybe Sliver and Blaze could make a bet, whoever loses the race will have to do *Insert thing here* For the other, Just an idea since I think it suites there style, and it makes an believable excuse for them to enter, and for shadow and rouge, They can just enter because they think Sonic and the others will enter it and they want to know who is better.
The above statement is false
Old 03-06-2009   #2927
Rukario
Metal Gear Mass-Murderer

Sonic has to keep up with Babylon, while Silver and co. tag along in various ways. Example, being higher up on a cliff where Sonic goes below. An alternative is to have them in another cutscene image, simply just trying to solve a riddle or mystery (Silver and Blaze, maybe?), thus finding Sonic's locations to be where they need, or they are surveying Sonic for some reason. (I'd imagine Shadow solo for the latter)

When it comes to the simple Grand Prix matters though, it's kind of obvious how they're all there, for the race.
Old 03-06-2009   #2928
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer

I was bored :/, it's no use, or is it?
Old 03-06-2009   #2929
Violo
Resisting Pony Avatar

Maybe some extra levels were you play as Blaze, Silver and Shadow. Maybe Rouge but I dunno, she could just be an opponent for one of the other characters in the story. A time limit would work for pponent racing, maybe instead of racing all at once, you get the impression that they are competing with times against each other, that could explain the not versing anyone thing. =D
Old 03-07-2009   #2930
Rukario
Metal Gear Mass-Murderer

I still (though not sure if I even said it) think a sprite that follows a set route would make it a little better, and feel more like you are racing something.
Old 03-12-2009   #2931
ryleigh1207

i think you should add music
Old 03-13-2009   #2932
Violo
Resisting Pony Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleigh1207
There is music added, if you listen. Metal City, Splash Canyon, even Mario Circuit from the MK series. There's heaps of music added.
Old 03-13-2009   #2933
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer

I guess he meant the intro's music
Old 03-13-2009   #2934
ryleigh1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violo
Quote:
There is music added, if you listen. Metal City, Splash Canyon, even Mario Circuit from the MK series. There's heaps of music added.
what computer do you have because i cant hear music at all
Old 03-13-2009   #2935
Jellybones
Lawful Neutral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
what computer do you have because i cant hear music at all

...Are your speakers on? Do you have speakers?
Old 03-14-2009   #2936
ryleigh1207

yes i do my specers are on too i can hear airbord sounds,thunder and others
Old 03-14-2009   #2937
Violo
Resisting Pony Avatar

Maybe you can't support OGGs, try using MIDI. If you want to know how, download SRB2NET (main srb2 website) and select MIDI w/ sfx on the main options.
Old 03-14-2009   #2938
ryleigh1207

Quote:
Maybe you can't support OGGs, try using MIDI. If you want to know how, download SRB2NET (main srb2 website) and select MIDI w/ sfx on the main options.
and then what?
Old 03-14-2009   #2939
Eblo

Quote:
Quote:
and then what?
Play the game.
Old 03-14-2009   #2940
Violo
Resisting Pony Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eblo the Hedgehog
Quote:
Quote:
and then what?
Play the game.
RUN!

Edit: May I also say two things. One, the Ice Factry flat is messed up with wierd colours and has become horizontal, and that in Splash Canyon, the first flight area doesn't have all the angles calculated properly and you fly past the second ring and some of the springs send you flying into the invisible barrier.