• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Heroes (slooowly progressing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not joking. It wasn't particularly clever as it appeared out of nowhere when you approach a wall. You have to suddenly familiarize yourself with the controls, you'll have to figure out the new physics, and then make your way up a monotonous climb with Springs.

Yeah, take two seconds to do all of that and another 5-10 to do it. Yeah, that's hard work.

It actually is hard work when the physics engine is terrible and you can't see much of what's ahead.
The fact that you're trying to convince me otherwise is downright pathetic.

It actually is hard work when the physics engine is terrible and you can't see much of what's ahead.
The fact that you're trying to convince me otherwise is downright pathetic.

Well then it's official. SRB2's ****.

Hmmmmmmm, I will keep an eye on this mod.

Nice job of the team. Good work. Its much better than the other old mod of
Sonic Heroes.

Rate:10/10.

(Off-topic - Now i will give a image of a emblem everytime a mod or level or character is very good.)

Thanks, rocky! Though minimal, in this case the picture should be an emblem from Sonic Heroes rather than SADX, but that's ok.

Yes, I know. I was stating a small coincidence about the fact that the emblem was from SADX and this mod is about another Sonic game, that also features emblems. If this was a mod about say... Sonic 2, I wouldn't have said that.

Also, I want all of you to answer me a question that's been bugging me since I added FF and LJ's textures.

97569704.gif
What in the world is this? I keep thinking that it's corn, or some sort of derivate. I also asked a friend of mine and his answer was also corn. Although this doesn't make any sense, I don't know what else to call this.
It can be seen in Frog Forest on those weird... mushroom... tube... things...
default.jpg
(Not my screenshot)
Alternately, it can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNWt2E016Zg#t=01m08s
And I think you get the picture. I'm just confused about what that texture is. Corn? What do you guys think?

That texture also appears on the small budding flowers around when that player switches to Knuckles. On the sides of the road there are these corn things too.

The mechanic is a script inside that activates every level.

Kamo means that can all three players can be on sceen at once. And to answer your question, no, not at the moment. Unless you get the bots from the SRB2CB beta 0.7 then you can't do it yet.

We'll most likely program bots. But as for now, absolutely nothing with the bots has been done. In fact, absolutely nothing about editing the source code has been done.

Sorry for the double post, but I bring an update! Sea Gate V1.1 is ready! I don't if that number is the best to describe it, but whatever. It now has textures and a few more detail. Personally, I think that with textures it looks really great, specially the pebbles on the pools of water. Get it at the first post.

Also, SHRes has also been updated. You need this version to play Sea Gate. Ok, you don't need it, but it's obviously recommended. In this version, I added an instruction to the TEAMWORK lump, the script that runs at every level's load.
Code:
alias c "cechoflags 4456448;cechoduration 5"
This way, whenever we want to have the characters talk, we make the instruction before the talking cecho be this alias. This will make the cecho last 5 seconds, be transparent and with lowercase enabled. Instead of having this code in every cecho, we just need to type c before, like a programming function or procedure.
I also added some sprites (notably the checkpoint and Goal Ring). They both work a bit awkward, and without soccing them a new behavior, I think the animations ended up pretty good. Can't say the same about the quality of the sprite's themselves, though. But as for now, this is good enough. Get SHRes at the first post also.

Well, the ring instantly transforms into a sign post. Might wanna change it for all characters, since it's character specific and all. Also, the speed segment can be cleared by Knuckles, and the power segment can be cleared by Tails.

Ok, I know what happened, steven. You added (SHRes, no problem there), SG.wad and another wad, possibly FF. It turned out that when adding SG, MAP25 was added, as well as the TEXTURE2 lump, the one that contained Sea Gate's textures. But when adding FF afterwards, MAP13 was added, as well as Frog Forest's TEXTURE2. This replaced Sea Gate's, and it's textures. That's why they were gone. In this beta time, you can only add one wad (except for SHRes.wad) at a time.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

I thought I fixed that in the goal ring! I made sure I'd replace the corresponding sprites in srb2.srb and in the characters' individual lump names. I'll check it out.
The water current can indeed be completed by Knuckles, with the help of the invincibility time. I did that before releasing. But the truth is that it may be next to impossible to have a Sonic 100% obligatory segment, seeing that Knuckles will eventually loose all rings for which to enjoy the invincibility time, if the path is large enough. And I just want to make a small road with a current, not a highway! If the players want to use Knuckles and waste their rings, instead of using Sonic, fine. It's of little importance.

And Tails can't pass all of Knuckles segment, you should of cleared that better. He can however skip the large gap. I also tried it before releasing. But I'm not sure if Tails' diagonal flight technique is really or technique or a glitch to be removed. So as for now, I think that I'll wait until further options. If you tried using spin-fly rather than diagonal-fly, then I need to remind that Tails won't be able to spin(dash) in the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back