• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Heroes (slooowly progressing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to modifiy the characters, most likely add new ones rather than changing the old ones, so the hanging sprites really aren't that much of a problem. But I'm just wondering that making vines is going to hurt. We may change stuff in the code to make it better. But as for now, it's not quite decided.

Yes, Lightspeed, we're using Sonic Heroes' original music. Although I think that in the final version of SRB2Heroes, one will be able to choose either to download SH's music or just keep SRB2's. Or not.

Last edited:
I have a soulition to your grinding problem Just say Sonic hasn't gotten his soap shoes yet :D
also can I work on the haunted levels.

Yes, Violo, but the kind of shoes needed to grind are soap shoes, even if not the ones they exclaimed to be soap shoes like in SA2.
But still, eggmanfan is on to something. Eggmanfan for president!
But seriously, we can indeed try to keep rails at an incredibly low minimum, but just thinking about Rail Canyon makes my head hurt. We'll see. And ok, I'll send you the Haunted levels' textures.

I'll place them in a wad. Some minutes from now I sent filio Grand Metropolis' textures in wad format.
And, damn it! vBulletin may be awesome, but the private message system is really wacked out! In the old forum, whenever you got a PM, the top of the page (where you could enter your configurations, see all users, search, etc) showed specifically "New Messages (X)". vBulletin used to show in that small text "Your notifications: X" some of the unread messages, but now it doesn't even do that. Luckily I turned on the "notify with pop-up" option so I won't miss further PM. To all those I didn't reply, sorry.

SRB2Riders beated us to it. Right? Right? I admit I didn't play it, only the beta. I was way to busy with school the previous year that I hardly even thought about SRB2.
Well, but if we'll be the first ones then... This might just be possible!

EDIT: Ok, I finished Frog Forest version 2.0. Tell me what you think! Screenshots and download in first post.

Last edited:
Yes, Violo, but the kind of shoes needed to grind are soap shoes, even if not the ones they exclaimed to be soap shoes like in SA2.

Uh. I don't really understand. Do you mean that Soap Shoes are used to grind in real life or Sonic always wears soap shoes? Because the shoes used in Sonic Heroes and games afterwards are the same shoes he's had since Sonic 3, I think. Did Sonic's shoes with buckles appear in Sonic 3? Anyway, I know that it was a promotional thing with Soap Shoes, because the ones used now have nothing in common with his soap shoes except really the colour scheme. Although yes, the Soap Shoes are way more awesome.

Edit: Also, I could do some levels if you want, once I get my OLDC level done, I can do a level if you want, maybe Rail Canyon and that. That'll be easy if you know what to do. I've been playing Sonic Heroes lately (finally beat the ****ing final boss and got those Chaos Emeralds).

Last edited:
EDIT: Ok, I finished Frog Forest version 2.0. Tell me what you think! Screenshots and download in first post.
Wow, my head's spinning! Like the new background, but lighten up on the textures.
And maybe you'll be interested to see this...
taily1.png

What do you mean by lighting up on the textures? They seem fine to me :S
And yes, that is good, but most likely, we'll have all 3 characters follow at the same time. If exe modding wasn't the solution, than that sprite would be useful, but because we're going to have characters behind, it's best to not use it.

Violo, I sort of meant that one can only grind with soap shoes, even though Sonic really doesn't seem to feature them in Sonic Heroes. So he doesn't have soap shoes, but is able to grind, thus breaking the laws of physics and friction.
Ok, you can do Rail Canyon, but as for now, nobody will touch that or Bullet Station. Until we have working rails, no way. You can however, draw on a paper a map, then when we're done, you can finally start the map.

Last edited:
Umm... why does the new Frog Forest have Arid Canyon's header? It played well from what I could play, but I couldn't switch characters.

Remember, you need SHRes from now on. The only level that didn't need it was FF V1.0. I'll add that to the first post then.

Gah, I forgot that skies can't quite be replaced. Only added. Frog Forest V2 uses sky 213, and MAINCFG indicates that, but it's not the same MAINCFG I posted for download. I'll update it, then.

Thanks for the text explaining, Ice. I'll assume that's a Seaside Hill you made? If so, it's looking great.

Well, sonicomega had most of the seaside hill textures working in 1.09.4. The (incomplete) seaside hill I made was created in ~2 days. Here's the link the download was in ( http://wadbase.net/mb/showthread.php?tid=359&page=13 ), but it seems it's broken. Someone else with the file will have to give it to you if you want to convert/use it.

@ XSpeedGodX: We can't see the image, but the speech lines I gave them in this wad are all original. Although Knux' comment about the giant mushroom is similar to SH's comment, purposely.

Ok, I fixed the image.
5fm87s.jpg

I still don't know if knuckles said that in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back