• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mystical Heavens level pack UPDATE JFZ1v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, it IS for the normal Doom Builder. You are better off using the one Torgo linked to as it is for the SRB2 Doom Builder (I think the regular one hasn't got a FOF creator) AND up to date.

The FOF creator for 2.0 is broken, so that isn't a issue. You should learn how to manually make an FOF anyway, since that allows you to stack FOFs and you have much greater control over the FOF.

No, I put them in because I thought it would be funny to have sideways moving crawlas.
They don't move sideways.

I haven't found the exact error that causes the HOM (mainly because I don't know much about level-making), but you have TWO control sectors with tag one. One is the properly (?) set up FOF sector, the other has a floor and ceiling height of 3000. Removed that sector doesn't remove the problem though.

They don't move sideways.

They sort of do because in the SRB1 Remake, they move in a 2D fashion, so they don't have actual full-on faces, so they look like they're moving sideways in the 3D environment of SRB2.

I haven't found the exact error that causes the HOM (mainly because I don't know much about level-making), but you have TWO control sectors with tag one. One is the properly (?) set up FOF sector, the other has a floor and ceiling height of 3000. Removed that sector doesn't remove the problem though.

Oh...hmmm....not sure why I had two control sectors there, but you said removing that one with a floor and ceiling of 3000 didn't remove the problem. I hate it when DB does this to me.

Last edited:
They sort of do because in the SRB1 Remake, they move in a 2D fashion, so they don't have actual full-on faces, so they look like they're moving sideways in the 3D environment of SRB2.
Which makes them look ugly. Which makes me wonder why you included them.

He's way too overpowered and unoriginal.
Well, yes, he is pretty powerful, but I still want to make him. How about slower blitz dash or less enemies in the blitz thok?
Or, to make it better, I could make him so that he starts each level with 10 rings but loses 2 rings every 10 seconds(and if he loses all of his rings, then he dies)?

There are those that say ""This is my first level" is not an excuse for low quality", but a beginer level designer is in fact one that doesn't know much about making levels, but will get better when they make more, so do not lition to them.

There are those that say ""This is my first level" is not an excuse for low quality", but a beginer level designer is in fact one that doesn't know much about making levels, but will get better when they make more, so do not lition to them.
Flare, if you were here back when this website was hosted by some other group, then you'd know it's an overused, pathetic excuse. If it's your first level, that doesn't mean it sucks. Some first levels are excellent. And if you first levels fail, then it's best to keep trying, trying, until you get it right and get better.

From now on all updates will be posted in the first post.

Off topic: Should I move this thread to Releases, or just leave it in Editing?

Last edited:
It doesn't even have two finished levels, and, to speak frankly, I don't think the judges will let it through. It consists of empty hallways.

It's incomplete, so I don't think so.

It doesn't even have two finished levels, and, to speak frankly, I don't think the judges will let it through. It consists of empty hallways.

Didn't think it was even close, but I had to check.

Also, SpiritCrusher, I think I figured out why the bridge wasn't working. I had some 5 random control sectors tagged 1 that were messing with it. Took it out in v0.2.8, but I'm putting it back in in v0.3.2(the bridge, that is)

Last edited:
Played the recent version.

Jade Flower Act 1: 1/10, nothing has changed within the releases, except for a thok barrier fix, but you sky is badly glitched up. You need to fix this.

Jade Flower Act 2: 1/10 a point added because it is just playable, but it still suffers the same problems I said in my last post except the unplayable bit which is now playable. But it's extremely cramped, full of ring, enemies in tight spaces & your capsule can be destroyed during the boss fight...

Twisted Paradise Act 1: 1/10 for the fact that you copied parts of design of Techno Hill Zone Act 1. I could easily tell just by playing it. Sure, it's good to look at some ideas, but completely copying it I don't think it's cool at all. It is also extremely bland, cramped, and the sky heights tend to be different as well as one checkpoint path leads to a dead end.... and you can't complete the stage.

SkyBound River Act 1: 0/10 The level is bland, cramped and the thok barrier does not work. I can walk out of it. I don't know what else to say really.

SkyBound River Act 2: 0/10 Same as 1st act, except I can actually find an exit in like less than 30 seconds.

Magma Core Act 1: 0/10 nothing there at all except the red dimension outside the level which you can actually get out of the level boundries. The Magma doesn't even burn either which is a shame.

Sand Beach: 0/10 same as Magma Core, except with different textures & completely glitched up.

The End: 0/10 a tiny sector with a exit sector. Nothing to offer at all.

My advice: I would scrap this entire level pack. It shows that you are obviously not ready to make a level pack yet. Find & read the tutorials & make a map or two and take your time with them. These are all rushed which is why the quality is nowhere near as good. I don't know what else to suggest otherwise...

0/10

Played the recent version.

Jade Flower Act 1: 1/10, nothing has changed within the releases, except for a thok barrier fix, but you sky is badly glitched up. You need to fix this.
Yes, I did something weird with the sky, which I'm going to fix later.

Jade Flower Act 2: 1/10 a point added because it is just playable, but it still suffers the same problems I said in my last post except the unplayable bit which is now playable. But it's extremely cramped, full of ring, enemies in tight spaces
Yes, I'm going to widen up those cramped areas.
& your capsule can be destroyed during the boss fight...
Yes, I know. Could I have some help with that?

Twisted Paradise Act 1: 1/10 for the fact that you copied parts of design of Techno Hill Zone Act 1. I could easily tell just by playing it. Sure, it's good to look at some ideas, but completely copying it I don't think it's cool at all. It is also extremely bland, cramped, and the sky heights tend to be different as well as one checkpoint path leads to a dead end.... and you can't complete the stage.
Well, again, I haven't finished this one but I wanted to get some feedback on the ones I haven't finished yet so I could improve them so they're not so crappy when they are finished.

SkyBound River Act 1: 0/10 The level is bland, cramped and the thok barrier does not work. I can walk out of it. I don't know what else to say really.
It's supposed to be cramped; it's a river! Also, I will be adding much more coral and seaweed and enemies.

SkyBound River Act 2: 0/10 Same as 1st act, except I can actually find an exit in like less than 30 seconds.
I haven't finished it yet, but I decided to put in an end sign so I could actually finish the level.

Magma Core Act 1: 0/10 nothing there at all except the red dimension outside the level which you can actually get out of the level boundries. The Magma doesn't even burn either which is a shame.
Yes, about the magma not burning.... I forgot to make it "Damage - Water" in DB. Also isn't finished.

Sand Beach: 0/10 same as Magma Core, except with different textures & completely glitched up.
Uhh, well, haven't finished this one yet(obviously).

The End: 0/10 a tiny sector with a exit sector. Nothing to offer at all.
It's supposed to be like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back