• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mystical Heavens level pack UPDATE JFZ1v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the beginnings of one, at least. I didn't mean the whole level! I'm drawing them out on paper and coloring them and everything, but of course they're just a reference for when I actually make them.
Ah, OK. That sounds more plausible. Take your time.

hi please check my wad and tell me wats wrong please i am stuck

Link Removed ~Admin

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a description of what it will look like:
Starts on an octagonal platform on water with a floating square platform in front of it then splits in two then rejoins to come to the water area in the original JFZ1, then after the bridge splits in two, the right path goes into a wide hallway filled with waist deep water(like in GFZ2), then has a water slide that goes up(like in DSZ2) to a wide open are with a Crawla battalion(is that how you spell it?). The left hand path goes to moving platform area where the first one moves back and forth then 2nd one moves side to side, then up on 2 sides; right side goes to a secret area, and the left goes to the wide open area mentioned before.
Does this sound good? Also, is my boss level in the previous version a decent boss level?

TOMORROW? A complete single player level in one day? I guess I don't wanna see the results.
Actually, I believe Mudhole Karst Zone (Jade Coast's Emerald level from Mystic Realm) was made over the course of one day. Of course, Mystic has a helluva lot more experience with wadding than blahblabal...

blahblahbal said:
Well, I see your point, but I've only got 5 months, and I know that the final for my senior project won't be the final for the level pack.
Might I suggest changing your project to only completing one Zone? Even wadders with years of experience wouldn't be able to pull off a level pack as big as what you're trying to do. The project is just WAY too ambitious for anyone to pull off. As I told the guys working on the SRB2&K project, try focusing on 1 map at a time. Spend time working on it (and by time, I mean REAL time. 2 months, not 2 hours.); quality over quantity. It's better to have 1 good zone than 10 bad ones.

By comparison, Mystic Realm is composed of maps made over the course of five years, and a lot of the maps in it aren't even that great, really.

Ah, Mystic, don't put yourself down. I love those maps(even though I had a hard time getting through Sunken Plant), and I even loved Arena Zone in the Archives. It was the best Chaos Mode type level I've seen(yes, I loved Chaos Mode). And really, what do you think of this:
Here is a description of what it will look like:
Starts on an octagonal platform on water with a floating square platform in front of it then splits in two then rejoins to come to the water area in the original JFZ1, then after the bridge splits in two, the right path goes into a wide hallway filled with waist deep water(like in GFZ2), then has a water slide that goes up(like in DSZ2) to a wide open are with a Crawla battalion(is that how you spell it?). The left hand path goes to moving platform area where the first one moves back and forth then 2nd one moves side to side, then up on 2 sides; right side goes to a secret area, and the left goes to the wide open area mentioned before.
Does this sound good? Also, is my boss level in the previous version a decent boss level?

Yeah. Mystic Realm is dated and it's been long enough to see where the faults are. Several of the levels in it were just downright uninspired crap. Still took almost 5 years to make it, though.

...And Arena Zone isn't even a chaos map at all, it is match. It is also random junk, shamelessly edited from Meadow Match, and was only included for a laugh.

...And Arena Zone isn't even a chaos map at all, it is match. It is also random junk, shamelessly edited from Meadow Match, and was only included for a laugh.
But I like it anyway. Besides, I did only say it was kind of chaos mode type.
Also, how did you like my description of the new JFZ1? Is it good? Is my boss level good?

P.S. I'm not trying to annoy you by repeating everything. I really do want to know what you think of it.

I kinda liked the water area, though... Do the other areas sound good? Or do they sound too copied?
I'm pretty sure you are the only one who liked the water area. In reality, you are the only one who likes anything about this mod. And regarding the other areas, I gave you my answer a few posts above.

I'm pretty sure you are the only one who liked the water area. In reality, you are the only one who likes anything about this mod. And regarding the other areas, I gave you my answer a few posts above.
Oh. Well, I might be making it next week sometime, so be looking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back