Status
Not open for further replies.
RE4!!

I was sick with fear for a week or 2!!

MP scared you?
Theres no scare bits in it!!
MP2E! Now that scares me!

Dark Samus FTW

when i was, uh......4? my brother was playing resident evil 1/2/3 for dreamcast,the first cutscene scared the living daylights outa me for 2 weeks

Scared enough not to want to play:

Sonic 1 - Labyrinth Zone (Underwater Time)
Sonic 2 - Death Egg (No Rings)
Sonic 3/K - Marble Garden Zone (Earthquake)
Sonic 3/K - Final Boss fights w/o rings
Sonic 3/K - Arm Grabber Boss
Ecco: Tides of Time - Medusa or w/e (thrown into the death pit)
Alien: - The bosses were really creepy
Demolition Man - Any level with flashing screen
Jurassic Park - Almost all Grant levels, especially the river (T-Rex)
Jurassic Park Rage (w/e) - The River (the entire level was being chased by a T-Rex)
Mystic Realm - Prismatic Angel Zone (death pi- *shot*)

Too scared to be around...

Ecco: Tides of Time -

Fault Zone: I forget why, I think I got crushed by a rock... or got scared from having to actually use the water time for the first time

Two Tides: The Vortex guy in one of the deep passages... I got over it eventually, but it kept me from playing the game for a long time.

First Asterite level: Weird Snakey/earthworm thing.

Dark Level: erm... duh? Vortexes in the dark, it didn't scare me too awful much, but still enough to keep me from playing the game

Sphere Thing: Getting squished by it when it finally broke loose, that thing was brutal...

Epilogue (Atlantis): The larvae, I didn't know you could kill them and it was always a one-hit kill... At least I think they could be killed, otherwise, I'd probably not play it if I had the chance now.

Most of these I have got over, aside from possibly Atlantis and definitely Mystic Real-*shot again*... Of course, I wouldn't know because the Genesis doesn't work anymore.

FEAR, for sure, especially the first playthrough. It's not like "jump out "BOO!", it's just the atmosphere, man... nothing happens when you think it does, and then comes something when you least expect it.

Oddly, the massive gunfights tend to be the most peaceful times in the game.

Acctualy, any horror game that has a HeartBeat as a BGM.

It scares the [beep] of me!
You know somthing is going to jump you...right as the Heart skips a beat!
It makes my heart skip a beat!

ree-c said:
I'm agree, the fights are the only moments you feel 'secure'.

Nev3r said:
ree-c said:
I'm agree, the fights are the only moments you feel 'secure'.

Is it because your surounded by NPCs that take the shots for you or that you know whats where and when they pop out?

Fish hook said:
Is it because your surounded by NPCs that take the shots for you or that you know whats where and when they pop out?

The only shots they take tend to be the ones you fire, and the AI isn't stupid. They'll do ANYTHING to stay alive, and kill you. Hide behind corners and then pop out and start spraying you with lead, or knock over a table for cover. It's really, really hard to predict what they'll actually do. I still get killed on the normal difficulty a few times, even though of beat the game a few times on "Extreme" difficulty without much trouble.

Just don't let them surround you; it's like running headon into a speeding truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back