Sonic Unleashed Failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the game Sonic Unleashed! SuperSonicStar lied to me saying this would be a good game. Its not that fun...and the levels are short. I know that I should be grateful for getting this on Christmas, but c'mon man! does it have to suck on PS2? XBOX-360 is the best format, (which SuperSonicStar has...) This is the worst game I have every seen on a sonic ps2 game >.<!

The Wii version has a 3:1 Night:Day ratio, I hear.

^ That means it's bad.

Not everyone who liked the old SA games would like the Secret-Rings/Daytime gameplay because the focus is on a racing/platforming hybrid rather than a standard platforming game. However, on the Wii version, the Werehog levels later in the game provide far more emphasis on platforming than combat, to the point where I would look forward to them to make up for the fact that the daytime level went by so quick.

Besides that, there are plenty of extras which will extend the amount of time spent in daytime, if you are lucky you may even unlock some alternate paths like the dune buggy in Shamar or the real dragon road in Chun-nan.

Whether or not the Wii version or the PS3/360 version is the better buy would probably be a matter of preference. The Wii version is very accessible, with each werehog level being split into three or four acts instead of being done all in one piece. The PS3/360 has a much slower form of progression, but with it, there is far more content.

:SonicMaster: said:
I have hardly played Unleashed, but with what I played, I enjoyed Werehog much more than daytime levels.

I would have to agree. It felt more like sonic platforming in night but playing as knuckles in a werewolf suit with a close resemblance to sonic himself. Though the day stages were interesting, IF they didn't make sonic like "need for speed"

TrueTenguMan said:
:SonicMaster: said:
I have hardly played Unleashed, but with what I played, I enjoyed Werehog much more than daytime levels.

I would have to agree. It felt more like sonic platforming in night but playing as knuckles in a werewolf suit with a close resemblance to sonic himself. Though the day stages were interesting, IF they didn't make sonic like "need for speed"
Besides, Sonic's levels in Wii are way too easy, 'cept for Eggmanland. I mean, where are the enemies we need to speed through? Sure it's fun speeding through worlds in no time flat, but honestly.... Where's my challenge? Will no one try to oppose me?

By the way, the next step SEGA should take with the Sonic formula is make these levels way longer, that or make Sonic slower. I prefer the first choice though.

I'm sorry, ShadAmy-Angel, ,we should of told you the PS2 version was going to be a poorly done port from the Wii version. It just wasn't meant to be played with standard game controls but rather nunchucks and remotes.

Thats pretty much where sonic should of been. The PS2 is done and it doesn't need more crappy-made games (well PS2 chain of memories is an exception) now that other systems are getting their portion.

Cue said:
The Wii version has a 3:1 Night:Day ratio, I hear.

^ That means it's bad.

OBJECTION

Its totally wrong!
Were-hog on the 360 is much longer/boring!
More boring enemys.

The Wii version has Missions or "extra acts"
Just because the 360 version slapped on Act 2/3 on to levels doesn't mean its longer.As Apatos,Act 3 is just grinding test!What a load of CRAP!
Shamar was fail!Its just a huge QTE!

Also for the 360 version,you have to unlock levels and extra acts with medals..don't have enough...usually lower then 30.Your going to have to do all the were-hog missions again. ^_^

Anyways the game was fun,but this topic could be better in the SU topic
nuff said

The PS2 was the worst version.
IGN and some other reviewers said the PS2 version was a crappy port,the graphics and colors were tons worse,the controls were horrible,and it loaded longer.

"Nuff said

I know...I played both.

Both go after differen't designs.
The WiiS2 version felt like Sonic Adventure

The one for PS360 felt like Sonic Rush 3D

Shadamy-Angel said:
fawfulfan said:
I've heard the Wii version is best.

Go to Youtube and search the nintendo wii version. It's just the same as the PS2 game.

They have the same levels, but totaly different graphics. The Wii version really isn't terrible either.

Graphics are mostly the same, the Wii has better lighting effects and some nicer textures here and there, but most of the assets between the Wii and PS2 version remain the same.

ps2vswiitn4.jpg

Autosaver said:
Graphics are actually a little bit sharper and more detailed.
They should just make it the same for everyone. Because, the people who can't get expensive systems shouldn't have a failure game. Sega, so much money people spent; you made them angry with you.

Shadamy-Angel said:
Autosaver said:
Graphics are actually a little bit sharper and more detailed.
They should just make it the same for everyone.

No that was the same mistake for a long time. Sonic should of always stayed on the nintendo systems, though Riders was an exception. You can really see that Shadow had less load times and handled better on game cube than the ps2...and don't get me started on the Xbox. (even if it was a horrible game).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back