Sonic Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. It may be doing hi-res in an old TV mode (NTSC?), and in order to do so, the framerate must be dropped to half (actually, to achieve 50/60Hz the resolution is halved really). If that's the case then 30FPS is actually right. Windows has this very same issue when using TV out in fact :P

Gotta read the article through... *reads*

EDIT: nevermind, it's talking about slow downs. Through I'm still confused... at which speed does the game run normally? Because it doesn't mention that specifically.

Is this coming out for pc too?
I really hope it is because wii, ps3, and xbox 360 are too much.

(off topic) I know a person who made ps3, hes my friend's uncle. WOW! (off topic)

If you've got a PS2, get that version =P

Now if it were for PC, it would probably have the graphics of the PS2 version of the game, because I'm not sure if most PCs can handle the Next Gen graphics... Can they?

Computers have DX10-like hardware now, consoles have DX9-like hardware, what do you think? :P

Anyways, I highly doubt the game will ever be released for PCs. Why? Because PC games give less money than console games :(

And also sik, most pc ports kinda suck. You know batman vengance? ya that pc port sucked but like I said, some pc ports kinda suck.

VCast on my phone says the game is due to be out this December.
I hope no delays come in...

I find this odd. For the DS, Sega doesn't give a crap about graphics, they care about Sonic fun. In the 360, they care too much about graphics and less time on gameplay.

Anyways, this game seems cool. Good to see Sonic have that speed back. Since I'm an actual Sonic fan, I'll like this and try to enjoy it like I do with every other Sonic game. Besides Genesis of course. :V

Also, how much Zones are predicted in this game?

steveb96 said:
Dead. the xbox is dead. Since the 360 came out, xbox is dead.
Ironically, there are a lot of games still being released on the PS2, and it's even older than the XBox (actually it was the only console that could do some decent competence with the Dreamcast in that generation) and way less powerful :/

Anyways, will adventure fields strike again? I really hate them >_> Also designers often take advantage of them as an excuse to make less levels D: Want to give players random access to any level? Add a level select with the levels the player could get in before. Sonic Heroes did this very well.

Chisuun said:
Yup. It runs at 30 fps and not 60.
There's the first bad sign.
Want to know why it's running at 30fps?
The levels are said to be miles long. How can a system process that much data in 60fps? It can't....thus Sonic Unleashed will run at 30fps. I already hear that there will be some good moments of platforming fun. Multiple paths and the such. Yeah...this is sounding good.

Those distances are commonplace in games and most of those run at 60FPS still, so not an excuse :/ However I think that Unreal Engine is the one that was designed for that kind of things, and knowing Sega, definitely they aren't using it... The last years Sega has been using engines which are extremely slow D: For example, why does Virtua Tennis 3 require 2.4 GHz to run at full speed when it doesn't do extreme graphics? Because let's be honest, in a tennis field you can't do much...

Sik said:
steveb96 said:
Dead. the xbox is dead. Since the 360 came out, xbox is dead.
Ironically, there are a lot of games still being released on the PS2, and it's even older than the XBox (actually it was the only console that could do some decent competence with the Dreamcast in that generation) and way less powerful :/

True. I still have my PS2 and PS2 might die soon. Same goes for XP.

But anyway, the wiki said it uses the gamecube contreller and sega might think they might use the classic conterller.

I guess that's because a normal joystick is way better than the Wiimote + Nunchuck combination for this kind of games? Seriously, the new system is useful, but only for games designed for it specifically. And this excludes games from most of the genres, which were made with joysticks in mind. This limits the real exploit of the new system a lot. What about the amount of ported games that play badly just because they weren't meant to use such a system and the adaption wasn't good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back