• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Neo Chaotikal's topic of wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Instead of introducing myself in this topic, I will do so in the Introductions forum.

I am in the process of creating a large map pack for SRB2, namely for the Match and Tag modes. This project is called 'NANDE Groove'. The final release (currently set for New Year's Eve) will include 32 different maps with increasing difficulty and complexity, each with it's own theme (hill/volcano/desert/etc.).

The demo features 4 complete levels, and is downloadable here.

Additionally, if no one minds, I will maybe (just maybe) work on the Knuckles sprite. I have made this little piece of... uhm work in about 30 mins, and is completely and utterly incomplete (no pun intended), but "our" Knuckles is so, well, jerky, that I had to try out what I could do for this fabulous project.

KNUXQRST5.GIF

Comments?

Jason the Echidna said:
... says the man with the doubly screwed up avatar which cannot even handle transparency properly.

Really man, when are you going to correct that sprite so you can actually brag about it? :wink:

And CZ64 pwns everyone yet again.

Nice touch though, giving Metal Knux his original green eyes :D

Seriously now, I'd like to have some feedback on my work. As in words. Even if this is worst piece of junk you have ever seen. Tell me that!

This is the worst piece of junk I've ever seen.

:P
j/k

I like them. They are very unique in their design. I haven't tryed them in actual netplay, though..

Ryan said:

j/k

I like them. They are very unique in their design. I haven't tryed them in actual netplay, though..
I don't think he means the Metal characters..

Shuffle said:
Ryan said:

j/k

I don't think he was talking about the Metal characters..

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Shuffle said:
Ryan said:

j/k

Yes, I believe he was refering to my maps, Grass Plains, Panic Process, Azure Reef and Starshine Park. Do keep in mind that the final version...
will include 32 different maps with increasing difficulty and complexity
...so remember these are the most basic maps.

GPZ is basic as hell, PPZ introduces Auto and Infinity rings, springs, conveyor belts and nasty goop, ARZ introduces Homing rings, shields, teleport item boxes and, of course, water and SPZ introduces Explosion and Rail rings aswell as currents. From there on there's not much to learn, so the maps start getting more serious. The 5th map, Dragon Valley Zone, introduces lava/fire aswell as bustable blocks and crumbling platforms.

This is all very nice, but however, due to recent trouble with my computer, I've been having difficulties working on NANDE Groove. January 1st will probably not be the final release date.

Neo Chaotikal said:
Chaos Zero 64 said:
Shuffle said:
Ryan said:

j/k

Yes, I believe he was refering to my maps, Grass Plains, Panic Process, Azure Reef and Starshine Park. Do keep in mind that the final version...

Oh.. >_>
Okay. XP

There will be more than 3 zones in the final. However, Sonic is the only person who will have a super form in SRB2, in all likelihood. It just defeats the point if every character can go super.

ONOES S3&K HAS NO POINT! *ahem*

Actually, it's way cooler if all characters can go super - it's an incentive to try and clear all the Special Stages as all the characters. Just as long as the Super forms aren't overpowered *cough*flying*cough* :P

I think that Knuckles must be able to turn super (c'mon, it's just change the skin color) but not Tails (unless somebody enables the eight emerald, thing that I see hard outside a mod).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back