Which level do you like/hate the most in SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, I thought Castle Eggman Zone was based off a Castle, not a forest. If it was, wouldn't it be Eggman's Forest Zone or some Blasphemy like that?
You're just taking it too literally.
Approaching Eggman's castle through a forest is a pretty interesting idea, and I don't see why people complain about that when when the original level starts off in a canyon and nobody complained. I don't see why people dislike the new theme of the level; I actually prefer it.

There are parts of CEZ1 that are kinda bland in detail, but it IS intended to be a forest, with some ruins and other stuff in-between.

You're just taking it too literally.
Approaching Eggman's castle through a forest is a pretty interesting idea, and I don't see why people complain about that when when the original level starts off in a canyon and nobody complained. I don't see why people dislike the new theme of the level; I actually prefer it.

You don't know how to pay attention very well I take it.

The conversation started with me saying "I'm tired of the pretty level being the easiest and I want a forest level to be higher up in the dificulty chain." Where in that opening statement did you manage to translate ti "I think Castle Eggman sucks because it's not pretty"? Reading comprehension is your friend.

Someone said Castle Eggman was such a level and I said it wasn't, which it isn't, it's a forest, yes, but it's not pretty. It was irrelevant to my commen, just like YOUR last three posts.

You did say "Castle Eggman is a shitty forest level", but whatever; I see what you're getting at. Also, I beg to differ, GFZ is not pretty.

You did say "Castle Eggman is a shitty forest level", but whatever; I see what you're getting at. Also, I beg to differ, GFZ is not pretty.

I thought everyone would try to think about what I said. I hate it when I have to stop and explain this crap. The level is called Castle Eggman, it has trees, it also has moats and sections where you travel over walls, but it doesn't have green grass, blue skies, flowers (that live) and many other things you expect from levels like Leaf Forest Zone from Sonic Advanced 2.

Greenflower is colorful and fun to look at. It's no graphical marvel by far but it isn't depressing like Castle Eggman Zone.

By the way, because spelling shit out in the future is a pain and I'm in no mood to do it, I DO NOT think Castle Eggman zone should be replaced, the comment was just how I felt about the stereotype.

I thought everyone would try to think about what I said. I hate it when I have to stop and explain this crap. The level is called Castle Eggman, it has trees, it also has moats and sections where you travel over walls, but it doesn't have green grass, blue skies, flowers (that live) and many other things you expect from levels like Leaf Forest Zone from Sonic Advanced 2.
Of course it hasn't. But what's your point? It isn't supposed to have all that, and from what you said, you know that already.

Oh and by the way, Kyasarin didn't reply to you.

Of course it hasn't. But what's your point? It isn't supposed to have all that, and from what you said, you know that already.

Oh and by the way, Kyasarin didn't reply to you.

Then he should've quoted what he did respond to like everyone else. It's not hard. You click that little button at the bottom right and type. >_>

Then he should've quoted what he did respond to like everyone else. It's not hard. You click that little button at the bottom right and type. >_>
Then take a closer look at his post and notice how he did quote the post he replied to...

Then take a closer look at his post and notice how he did quote the post he replied to...

Wait, what the hell post are you talking about?

This is the post I thought you meant:
Dah dah-dah! Castle Eggman Zone, Act 1 to the rescue!

Breaking the usual level order is exactly what I want to see in some future Sonic game, either official or fan-made. That's one of the reasons why I admire Spinball so much.

I never remember long names. My post about the scenery in Castle Eggman being a crappy forest was a response to this.

Usually, when I say Kyasarin, I mean the post Kyasarin made. Whatever, I still don't get your complaints about CEZ1. It's a dark forest and that's what it supposed to be.

Lets see...

=COOP=
LIKE: GFZ2
Why: All-time favorite with an inviting atmosphere, great music, and a great sense of exploration and freedom. Looking down upon the lakes and fields from atop the huge mountains will always be a reason to keep going back to it. Arid Canyon's a very close one, but relies a but too much on the "choose your pathway" principe, where all the paths come to the same point multiple times throughout the level.
--------
HATE: DSZ(In general)
Why: It's boring, colorless, bland, slow, and the gimmicks are way too strict. You have to stop to do the boring gimmick everytime with hardly much ongoing pace in it, let alone action. It especially gets repetive fast, and personally, I wouldn't take the time to explore the place more either. You take both paths once and you've seen everything you wanted to see. Rather collect the lives and rings at Arid Canyon or Greenflower, it's actually fun there.You can hardly backtrack as well. It's a well known fact that nobody likes water stages in general, there's only few exceptions to that.

=Match=
LIKE: Meadow Match
Why: I dunno, most people'd say it's bland and boring, guess it's just me. I'm just happy to see an open big stage for once where you can all out, rather than all these filled to the brim stages with an overdue of random hills, obstacles and stuff. Or where you have to worry about every single wall and corner.
--------
HATE: Infernal Cave
Why: It's cramped, has a strong camouflaging theme to it, it's filled with random invisible flamethrowers that even hurt freaking Super Sonic, you worry more about the random crap and lava around you than your performance, and you can't go all out with your speed.

=CTF=
LIKE: Lime Forest
Why: The principe's just as repeat-possible as can be. Lots of basic tactics that can be taken to an advanced level in this map. Though I'm no fan of the new textures, I mostly really wish the middle field/lake was a bit wider.
--------
HATE: Teh Nimbus Mapz that somehow made it all the way to here.
Why: I think this map wasn't tested online. If it was, they'd have noticed it's as good as unplayable with any lag but 3 percent lag or below. It's also annoying with the new 2.0 weapon system that nearly all the weapons blow you further away, you nearly ALWAYS get blown off the stage when you get hit, losing all your weapons and all you have. Also.......aiming+shooting+speed+platforming+lag = Syntax Error, so nearly everyone always switches to Tails here, where they're usually Sonic or Knuckles. At that, most of the item monitor placement is just bad. You'll always get a railer going at you if you stop or slow down even slightly for one since you can't spindash here against it. Finally, in the stage it's hard to get rings, and even more now since the dumb idea of team rings, and the only relief of infinity ring back then.

=RACE=
LIKE: Toxic Citadel
Why: It's a straight forward race map, one that doesn't make you slow down or have to use small thoks, yet you still have to watch out with the timing and curves, keeping skill present. The speed is also quite noticeable with all the not-slowing gaps of toxic and the stair things at the beginning.
---------
HATE: Emerald Coast
Why: Hard to say, it just doesn't play good. The heights of the hills, the timing in the curves, the distances of the paths, the lot apearing differences between cramped and open areas, and the bad indication of where to go. It's really hard to just speed fluently through it without annoyances.

It's a well known fact that nobody likes water stages in general, there's only few exceptions to that.
I like water stages. Yes, this includes Labyrinth Zone. It's all a matter of personal taste.

I think this map wasn't tested online. If it was, they'd have noticed it's as good as unplayable with any lag but 3 percent lag or below. It's also annoying with the new 2.0 weapon system that nearly all the weapons blow you further away, you nearly ALWAYS get blown off the stage when you get hit, losing all your weapons and all you have. Also.......aiming+shooting+speed+platforming+lag = Syntax Error, so nearly everyone always switches to Tails here, where they're usually Sonic or Knuckles. At that, most of the item monitor placement is just bad. You'll always get a railer going at you if you stop or slow down even slightly for one since you can't spindash here against it. Finally, in the stage it's hard to get rings, and even more now since the dumb idea of team rings, and the only relief of infinity ring back then.
This might shock you, but this map is INTENDED to be like that. If you get hit, you die, similar to the sudden death parameter. It's no longer about getting your own flag back as much as it is defending your own flag and trying to get your flag runner to make it all the way back to your base alive.

To stress the point - everyone dies a lot in NRZ. This includes me. Your goal when playing NRZ is to make your death help your team. If you took the enemy flag runner down into the pit with you, you did your job. If you died but delayed the opposing team from going after your team's flag runner, you did your job. CTF isn't about living for a long time like match. CTF is about getting the flag from the other team's base to your base, and NRZ provides a very different style of gameplay for doing that.

I like water stages. Yes, this includes Labyrinth Zone. It's all a matter of personal taste.

This might shock you, but this map is INTENDED to be like that. If you get hit, you die, similar to the sudden death parameter. It's no longer about getting your own flag back as much as it is defending your own flag and trying to get your flag runner to make it all the way back to your base alive.

To stress the point - everyone dies a lot in NRZ. This includes me. Your goal when playing NRZ is to make your death help your team. If you took the enemy flag runner down into the pit with you, you did your job. If you died but delayed the opposing team from going after your team's flag runner, you did your job. CTF isn't about living for a long time like match. CTF is about getting the flag from the other team's base to your base, and NRZ provides a very different style of gameplay for doing that.

You made a kamakaze map? lol. What about the lag?

Usually, when I say Kyasarin, I mean the post Kyasarin made. Whatever, I still don't get your complaints about CEZ1. It's a dark forest and that's what it supposed to be.

There wasn't an indication that's who the post was for in this one.

They're called "gargoyles".
Back on-topic..
I have to say it's Neo Aerial Garden Zone (NAGZ)

Is that in the actual SRB2 game?

Edit: Those are some badly done gargoyles, they look like winged Espeons, not anything remotely scary. :P

Since when are gargoyles supposed to be scary?
Since the conception of the idea of a gargoyle. Gargoyles were originally put on churches to inform people that if you were a heathen, rather nasty things would happen to you. But, during a time when many people didn't know how to read, using a large scary statue was the next best option. So, yeah.

Since the conception of the idea of a gargoyle. Gargoyles were originally put on churches to inform people that if you were a heathen, rather nasty things would happen to you. But, during a time when many people didn't know how to read, using a large scary statue was the next best option. So, yeah.

Thank you. I'm surprised anybody needed this to be explained to them.

They don't even need to look terrifying, just less like Pokemon Ranger sprites.

Weird, considering they predate pokemon ranger.

They were in Pokemon Ranger though. They came out in Pokemon Gold/Silver, but the Ranger sprites are the ones that have all the movement directions, if you know what I'm saying.

It really does look like someone just edited Espeon sprites from something like Pokemon Ranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back