Zero Effort

Status
Not open for further replies.

D00D64

Probably Responsible
"GOD that mod was awful!", I am sure you were thinking at some point, after playing through another crapfest of a mod some random 9-year-old made. Or going to some random serv marked as modified and most likely playing coop. Or playing Sonic Quest or Project Sphere.* "If only there was someone wiling to play these terrible wads and give them the roasting they deserve, and warn people about the horridness of these mods!" And at a point in time, there was; Zero effort. A once short-lived series about reviewing terrible wads in a Zero Punctuation style, created by our very own Cue, along with Nev3r and a few constantly changing writers and voice actors. The series only reviewed SRA2.wad and Hetor Was Here (no, thats NOT a spelling error) before dying due to the lack of... well... effort. But it has returned once again, this time reviewing HMS123311SMS Unleashed. And then... uh...

...Okay, screw it, I don't know what to say past that. Cue told me to make the topic because he says if he did it, it'd look like self advertising.** But still, you should watch it. Seriously.

...No, really. Go.

WARNING: Some cursing in the videos. Yeah, yeah, I know, but if we have wordfilters here, then at least a clarification should be here.
Zero PunctuationEffort Main site
sra2.wad review
Hetor Was Here review
SMS Unleashed Review

*no real offense to the creators
**cue is so gonna kill me for this

[11:44] <Cue> Cue told me to make the topic because he says if he did it, it'd look like self advertising.** Smooth ¬¬
[11:45] <Patchouli-64> "**cue is so gonna kill me for this"
[11:47] <Cue> -- PS: Not everything Cue says should be taken as serious when it comes to these things.
[11:47] <Cue> As in, just because I'm nagging, doesn't mean I'm always being serious

Last edited by a moderator:
icon_rolleyes.gif

It's almost impossible to understand what the narrators are saying, and when you go through the effort of doing so, it's not really worth it because the material is seriously unfunny. Also the same bloody picture standing still on the screen with absolutely nothing happening for like 234098 minutes.

That being said, the most recent episode was certainly a step in the right direction what with the random analogies and what not which are what actually make Zero Punctuation funny at all.

I never was very happy with #1 or #2, I must say, #3 was better but by no means perfect.

Cue, your sig link is in HD... lol :p (Just... a...)

Anyways, I didn't really like the idea of shoving random admins/mods of this forum into that. You also got the SMS fanboys including SMS to start crying and they will tear you apart.

Have fun. ;p

Voice is too monotone, you should REALLY work on this one, because it almost kills it.
The analogies are good, and the "ice cream" the hedgehog thing made me laugh for some reason. I honestly don't know why.
Akira is in the video = FLAWLESS VICTORY
I'm not in the video = FLAWLESS VICTORY
Foxblitzz is in the video = HOLY **** AWESOME
Neo is not in the video = HOW COULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN
But yeah, your speach sounds like a text-to-speech program. Make it more emotional! :D
Edit: I just noticed torgo in the video. Olly bawls!

Last edited:
In related news, as soon as I get a Mr. Saturn plushie from Cue, I WILL send him the Companion Cube.*

*promise of cube may not be valid but probably is

''And with not very good I mean it's about two shades of yellow ontop of the old and unnessecary yellow fur that makes up this yellow mammel did I mention he was yellow?''

This just made me lawl my freakin' ass off. XD

God it was annoying to figure out what he (Cue?) said.

It's more funny than the 2 previous episodes. Unfortunately, the voice is still too low.
Oh and gotta laugh that SpeedHorses' description XD

Last edited:
I've already been ticked off by your sucky review for SMS (No offence), so you should probably NOT insult anyone else unless their wads REALLY suck, such as that "SRB3" wad which is simply a complete retexture of the original levels and some changes to the level headers. (Green Inundation, cheap as hell)

SML, SMS is so bad that he is the reason for the anti-recolor hatred on the forums, the rules preventing their creation and release on the message board, and is highly responsible for the rework to the character system in 2.0.

If you enjoyed it, that's fine, but you need to understand that it really is one of the worst things ever released around here.

I've already been ticked off by your sucky review for SMS (No offence), so you should probably NOT insult anyone else unless their wads REALLY suck, such as that "SRB3" wad which is simply a complete retexture of the original levels and some changes to the level headers. (Green Inundation, cheap as hell)

Are you implying SMS doesn't suck?

lololololol

OffTopicz:
SML, SMS is so bad that he is the reason for the anti-recolor hatred on the forums,

Tsk tsk tsk, really Mystic, racism? thought this country has gotten pa-*shot*

On topic, yeah, every review says it is a piece of crap for a reason. It's SMS's fault we got this system now, mostly.
*grabs pitchfork. "LET'S GIT 'EM"*
*leads mob*

Well, recolors are bad anyways but SMS is a particularly awful one, and it was the first to get popular because apparently there is a secret need in many players to have overpowered abilities that's so strong they're willing to put up with any awful art involved.

Oh, so you're the guy whose comment I replied to with the tablecloth statement. I'm selling common sense.

Last edited:
Meh, these are pretty terrible.

It also doesn't help that Zero Punctuation is one of the very last things you would want to rip off derive inspiration from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back