Your Personal Secrets Pertaining To Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am deathly afraid of going too far underwater if it is dark. Always feel like something is going to jump out and eat my character. Especcialy(sp) EELS. Yes, Laugh as much as you want. If it weren't for the dang eel in SM64 I would be going underwater anytime. The scariest eel is the HUGE eel in SMSunshine. I love the eel in SM64 now though. His name is Baccon :D.
Sorry for going a little off-topic.

It's no secret: DOOM is scary the first few times. Even the later times occasionally. That optional dark-as-hell maze in E1M2 still gets me a little, even though, on average, that episode is pretty tame by this point, since I know what to expect.

Duke Nukem actually seems to be worse in that regard, because monsters can warp in without warning. It even updates the "monsters left in the stage" counter when they do, so you really get no warning as to the exact number of monsters in each level. Contrasts quite a bit with the game's "kick ass and chew bubblegum" tone, really.

.. I'm seeing people are scared of some of the weirdest things in here. o.O

Me, my first scare in a video game was playing Dino Crisis on the PS1. I remember turning a corner, and I saw this guy laying on the floor with his ribcage ripped in half.. I practically screamed and woke my grandmother up ( yeah, I was playing a horror game at night ).

I was 9 when I played Dino Crisis.. My grandmother heard all the cussing on the game, and saw all the ripped-open bodies, and she took the game away from me ( and then burned it in a fire ). I still, to this day, never got to finish that Dino Crisis game.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, that sounds like a really scary game! I mean, half-open ribcages, swearing, and some other stuff i prolly wouldn't know about. *squints eyes from side to side really quick* EDIT: That, and it's an M rated game. Why were you playing an M rated game at night, and when you're under-age? DOUBLE-EDIT: Yeah, BlueZero. That game was M-rated. I just read the article on Wikipedia.

I used to be afraid of that part on Metroid Fusion were you have to run away from the SA-X or that part were its walking in this dark room and you wait above it in morph ball for it to leave, I always was scared that the floor would dissapear and it would kill me.

I never had like games where you have to sneak in somewhere by yourself and then someone or some giant monster (depending on the game) pops out and kills you.

Yeah, I was always afraid it would randomly just appear in any room especially in that sector with all the overgrown plants in it, what number was it?

When i was 5-6 Years old... My brother always playing Mortal kombat. Now i am traumatized with that....

Except for Mortal Kombat 4 It doesnt seem so scary thought.

Don't give me flashbacks...

Once, my cousin was playing WindWaker, and he was looking for some kinda magical bird for its feather or something like that, he was looking through the telescope, he turned around and scared all of us half to death because it was freakin' HUGE and 2 feet away from him.
Next thing we know, everyone's screaming "KILLITKILLITKILLITAAAAAAAAAAH" and one of my cousins wet herself...
My God, that was hysterical...

Oh, and in Jak & Daxter: Precursor Legacy, whenever I fall into the water and hear that heart-pumping sound, my bro runs out of the room crying. :lol:

Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yugi said:
Man, that sounds like a really scary game! I mean, half-open ribcages, swearing, and some other stuff i prolly wouldn't know about. *squints eyes from side to side really quick* EDIT: That, and it's an M rated game. Why were you playing an M rated game at night, and when you're under-age? DOUBLE-EDIT: Yeah, BlueZero. That game was M-rated. I just read the article on Wikipedia.

I usually don't worry about the ratings on games. As long as the game looks interesting, I'll play it.. And Horror Games are no acception. I liked Fatal Frame, Silent Hill, The Suffering.. Man, The Suffering was something else. The guys in those jail cells were cussing and saying things that would make a sailor blush. And then, 5 seconds later, you see the same guys getting those big swords shoved in through their spines.

I have never played anything rated worse than T for Teen, even though I'm 19. Even those were only T because of mild violence; few of them had blood or anything. Stuff like the Star Wars games, Need for Speed, Tony Hawk, and Indiana Jones. Why? Because I just don't really care for overly violent games. And I've had nightmares from overly blood-filled things before (Jurassic Park movie, for example).

Oh, and I (unlike basically every gaming website I'm aware of) absolutely LOVED the 1997 version of Frogger. Hopefully sometime this weekend I can find that disk to see if it'll work at school. :mrgreen:

Antiporcupine said:
I have never played anything rated worse than T for Teen, even though I'm 19. Even those were only T because of mild violence; few of them had blood or anything. Stuff like the Star Wars games, Need for Speed, Tony Hawk, and Indiana Jones. Why? Because I just don't really care for overly violent games. And I've had nightmares from overly blood-filled things before (Jurassic Park movie, for example).

Yep, aren't we all getting tired of GTA fan-boys who go"OMGZ ZELAD DSNT HAEF 53 GLLENS OF BLOD EVEAYA TIMES YOUSD PUMPS OMEONE WIT A MACHIN GUN AND TI DNT EVERN HAV MACHN GNS SO IRTS SUXAZ)RS!!!111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111oooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeee". (They really sound like that to me.)

Me too SMS. I've always hated the tune and it always creeped me out. Even to this day I am still creeped out by it. It scares me. lol... I'm serious.

Meh, I used to do that, but it was because of the fact I was drowning, not the music.

I freak out when ever a game locks up, exspecialy when it makes a buzzing sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back