Your First Time Seeing SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've already posted here, but I found SRB2 on YouTube.

I didn't download the latest version at first. I googled "Sonic 3d Robo Blast" and downloaded an older version from some download site. Then I saw "srb2.org" all over it so I went there, got the latest version and joined the forums.

HYPERKNUX said:
I also found it whilst I was on www.caiman.us, looking for decent sonic fan games to download and play.

Same here. But I looked at youtube videos of it to see the gameplay features. I got it during 1.09.2 or 1.09.3, I can't remember. I joined here when 1.09.4 came out.

My first time...

The crisp scent of air, was flowing throught the breeze on a warm summer day...

It would change me forever...

The first time I played, the version with megaman and chao and sonniku built in... I cant remember the version...

I think it was in 2002 or so...

But I had heard about it on the doom site... I checked the news.. and I offerd to help out an author of boom back then.. In 2002...

during an email, he said something about srb2, but I didnt pay much attention to it.

Then, 2 years later or so, While reading it again, I decided to check it out.

I thought the site was dead for some reason, so I stopped playing in about 2005.

Then I for some reason came here again, to check if It really was dead,
And I got final demo,(current version) Then I started to join netgames, and then I figured out what a forum was. And here I am

I found it on srb2.org.

It sucked at first before it had internet and when it did I hosted a server and had like 6 ppl and we was in co-op and I was like this must be fake.

i was going to youtube secretly (dont tell my parents!) then i found a weird looking sonic game it said to download this game go to srb2.org so i did and ive been playing it a lot! thank you youtube!

Played some mobile phone games
Wanted a PSP
Got a PSP
Looked for Homebrew for PSP
Found a topic on a PSP Homebrew forum asking it SRB2PSP would be possible
Downloaded
Joined the community
And I live on.

I found it a year back. It was in final demo.

I found it by looking Up random things on Google.

gsht,

yeml,

sjso,

kfmsemk,

fkjedke,

djsg,

srb2.

I'm like, "Huh?" and I clicked on it. It took me to the SRB2 website. I downloaded it, and had lots of fun with it!

I played a netgame, and pwned everyone in CTF.

I still do! :mrgreen:

WAD master said:
I found it a year back. It was in final demo.

I found it by looking Up random things on Google.
I played a netgame, and pwned everyone in CTF.

I still do! :mrgreen:
Wow...thats interesting....and hard to belive...

Also...don't get so full of yourself, hosts have a way higher advantage...maybe you keep winning while everyone lags...or maybe you are that good...I dunno

Ne'ways...I found SRB2 via Youtube...pretty original huh?

Here's something different:

On a Newgrounds game/gadget, called World of Words, I was just playing around, moving around, and such, when I got a PM from a person called "Sonic" who told me about SRB2. I said, "Ok, how do I get it?" and he just explained how to download it. Then, afterwards, he wanted me to host a co-op server, which I did, but I got the error stating, "Connection to the Master Server failed," (I didn't know anything about a Master Server back then.) which didn't allow him to connect to the server. When I had the server running, I saw a few blue crawlas and rings in front of me. I thought, "Wow, this looks like a fun game."

About two weeks later, I downloaded the main server one, since the first one I downloaded was the second mirror. When I started the game, I went to the "Join Game(Search)" screen, where I saw a few servers up and running. I joined one, and had quite a lot of fun playing it. I don't remember which gametype I was playing in, but I had quite a blast.

I found this game when I wad doing a random sonic fan game search on google. I saw some pictures and it looked cool enough so i looked it up on youtube. After seeing some of the gameplay videos i realized how cool of a game it was then of course it took me to the srb2 website and well the rest is pretty explanatory.

This is by far the bes fan game i have ever played.
nice going sonic team jr.

I found out about SRB2 from a video at you tube I wrote down the title of the game then went to Google. I goggled SRB2 and I went to the first web link and bam I got the game then like one mouth later I went to the forms and made a account and that’s how I got here.

well, I was looking around to find a good sonic fan-game, I found a website including SRB2. So, I downloaded it. I started playing and I was like "O.O OMG, this game looks awesome". I then decoded to give the multiplayer a try, pretty good. Then, after a few wads, my netgames were better, and my fun with it got better too

It's a very long story, but I'll tell it anyway since I have nothing else to do:

Well, one day I was looking around to see what was new on the official sega website and I found Sonic The Hedgehog for PS3 and 360, so I checked it out and I thought it was going to be the greatest sonic game ever having no idea that it would be released as an unfinished project so, I go looking for videos about the new game and I saw a really good video on gametrailers, after finishing watching the video I looked at the user submited sonic videos and I saw blazehedgehog's Sonic2k6 after watching that, I wanted to play it, so I clicked the link to the game, and after downloading and playing it I wanted to see what other sonic games blaze created, so I typed in the website I saw on one of the cutscenes on Sonic2k6 and it linked me to his site, I scroll down and I see that he was making a Srb2 modifacation, I thought he made this Srb2 game, but I see a link to Srb2.org, so I downloaded it and due to it's large file size, before I even started playing it I was excited because I knew it had to be a full blown 3D sonic game, as soon as I played it I wad amazed, it was the best sonic game I ever saw and since it was christmas, the game was in xmas mode which made the experiance even better then I imagined, so after a few weeks I wanted to learn how to edit the game, and so I did, after I got the general idea of wads I wanted to see what more this game had to offer, so then I saw the message board, after reading many posts and learning who was who, I read the forum rules and joined. So, here I am now, DashFox2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back