Your favorite weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Standard/Normal Ring: Just classic. I made so much progress with it since 1.09.4.

Auto: I don't use it since i play as knuckles now. Knuckles normal rings got more advantage than this thing in my opinion. I use it mostly when i forgetting to turn off my Autoaim XD

Bounce: Many people told me that i will be more powerfull with this item. But for me it doesn't have any point if the walls are too away from you to make them bounce. It have more luck shooting than skill. But it comes in handy when some got a shield.

Scatter: Heh what have we here... This is the first different kind of weapon i kinda like. It got so much range hit it even bounces guys off. I suggest you use this one by attacking someone strong. Weapon that stops Super's and easy to use.

Grenade: I use this if someone chasing me, which is very rare. Mostly i can use it to cover our flag from stealing but that's also rare. I just don't have enough time to pic up them too, neither if i care. But i need to agree that it saved my life sometimes.

Bomb: YOU WANT IT? IT'S YOURS MY FRIEND! I love it. Just think of it. Player is seeking you and want to hit you with his best shot and then he got hit by your Bomb that made him flying to the bottomles pit. Sometimes i feel bad for players who got wounded by this weapon. Maybe it's slowest but it is a strongest weapon. My fave weapon.

Rail: Well i remember i hated this weapon. I wanted avoid it in all cause. I just couldn't shoot with it. Mostly i was jelous of guys who were using it very good. But i know only few guys who could and can. For a strange reason, now i just used it beacuse i was bored, *poof* and i made such a progress with it i can't even believe. In a nimbus zone (forgot the full name, but you know that it is in ctf, last, and by saying bottomles pit you know what im talking about.) i making a progress of hitting players from a long rage distance. I even can hit them while they falling. Sure there is a moments when i can't hit player. When im standing there is no point of shooting with it. Just jump and rail that's a point of a good railer. Well that's my opinion anyway

Normal Ring: I use this the most. Since I play as Sonic, I usually spam it while chasing my opponents, creating a wall of red rings that's hard to dodge. It's a good weapon overall.

Automatic Ring: I'll usually use this when there are alot of players nearby, but otherwise it's not that useful to me. It really helps against Supers, though.

Bounce Ring: Practically a red ring, only with slower firing rate, and an added ability. I don't use this one for much reason though, but it's good in places like the hallways of Twisted Terminal Zone.

Scatter Ring: I use this when I'm not using regular rings or Rails. It's like bounce, just an upgraded red ring, but it fires five shots for one ring. It's fun to use as Knuckles, and it's knockback is useful as well.

Explosion Ring: I love using this against people who use Rail, since they usually stay in one place. It's firing rate and splash damage is good in small hallways.

Grenade Ring: I've only used this ring once or twice. I've never hit someone with it, and I've never been hit by it. Therefore, I don't see this ring as much of a threat.

Rail Ring: My favorite ring. Very good if you've hosted a server, or joined one with low ping. It can be deadly on levels with hazards or death pits, and great on levels like Meadow Match Zone, due to Rail spots.

Other Items

Whirlwind Shield: In match, this is nothing more than a regular shield if you're playing as Tails or Knuckles. It can be useful as Sonic, to get to certain items or even to get to some good rail spots.

Elemental Shield: This is especially good on CTF, because you can spam firetrails back and forth over your flag and watch unsuspecting users run into it. It's not that useful in large levels because it's easy to dodge, and I'm pretty sure you don't get hurt if you have the shield as well.

Force Shield: My favorite shield in match, and definitely the most useful. It's fun when people hit you with a full scatter blast and get it back in their faces, getting knocked across the map.

Attraction Shield: It's good when you're Super, especially on maps like Infernal Cavern. Other than that I usually prefer a force shield, since it's easy to get rings on other maps.

Armageddon Shield: This is really good for getting points when there's alot of users in one server, but it's almost useless in a 1 on 1 match, since the other person is bound to have a shield most of the time.

Teleporter: This is neutral to me, since it never causes me any trouble besides teleporting me off of a rail spot, or I'm about to get the final emerald and I'm teleported away from it.

Recycler: I absolutely hate this thing. Almost every time, I end up with worse ammunition than I had before, and lose any emeralds I collected. I guess it can be useful if you've hit rock-bottom, though.

Chaos Emeralds There's not much to say about these. Getting them all rewards you with Super, and there's no downside to that. These can be a real pain to collect with several users in one server, especially since half of the time people keep hitting Recyclers.

To be an Expert player, you need to be well rounded with everything, from Attraction Sheilds, to Zebras. Wait... there are no Zebras in the game...

Normal Ring: I find these very usefull as Tails. I tend to use these when flying. Vandarx said that these are good as Sonic, and they are, but Sonic moves to fast for this to be a strong weapon.

Automatic Ring: Very good for de-Supering players. I tend to use this in CTF, on players who have my flag.

Bounce Ring: I have exelent aim with these, and am able to aim two bounces, and still hit the player. Very good for spamming in tight places.

Scatter Ring: These are wonderful in water levels, where you cant move so fast. Very very good when used as Knuckles.

Explosion Ring: Alltogether my strongest skill is using bombs and rails. When I am thokfesting, and I come to an opponent, I fire down at the ground (with autoaim off), and the player usually runs into the blast. This is my favorite! ==**AWSOME AND BEST RING THERE IS**==

Grenade Ring: Someone is following? I know what to do.

Rail Ring: Ah, this is what I am best at. And I NEVER miss, as any player, shooting any player.

Chaos Emeralds: These are good if you come across them, but collecting them wastes time, when you could be capturing the flag, or helping your team. Noobs tend to go to these, while I rail them into pits. :D

Rails: You will never play a match of ctf game without me railing somebody. I mean these are like a GOD weapon! I just love railing somebody and watching them fly helplessly into the pit. Espically if its and emerald collecting tails in nimbus ruins. Be warned tails users, i will snipe you someday.

Bombs: What can i say? Best weapon ive ever used besides rails. Im a beast on te battlefield with these babies in my arsenal. All players be warned

Normal rings: Im most acuainted to this one because of how abundant they are. If all else fails pull out these. They might not be as fast rails, or as deadly as bombs, but they are pretty darn useful. Allen doesnt call me a ring spammer for nothin ya know.

I mainly use those but every once in awhile ill use the other weapons. Id like to be adaptable to all the weapons in the game but hey, favorites are favorites.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

And as i forgot to state in my last comment i will NEVER use autoaim. Complain all ya want people but i never use it and never will, cause there are some people out there who try to tell me "YOU AUTOAIMING NOOB."
This is just a warning to all those complainers who say i autoaim, and there are quite a few. Not my fault me aim is beast... nuff said.

Red and blue grenade rings? Grenade rings have a green centre, maybe that could be made red or blue. Distinctive, yet also informative.

Normal: As weak as you'd expect an emergency weapon to be, can hit with good aim and luck, but anyone who doesn't have a flag can easily use their special ability to avoid them, unless you're REALLY good at leading the target a-la Space Invaders. A 9/10 for general balance.

Auto: The ultimate way to say "I have over 9000 rings, guys!" Can sometimes be a bit tricky to hit with, as all it basically is is normal rings up to eleven, but it eats rings and ammo stupidly fast. As with the normal ring, lead the damn target, but also spray a little. I'd give it a 7/10, but your mileage may vary.

Bounce: Pretty good for cramped spaces, but could last a little longer, about one bounce or 0.5 seconds or so. Trick shots are also possible, but tricky. Area denial could be in effect, as it's easy to use this as a weapon of intimidation... 6/10 for situational win/fail quotient.

Rail: The famous non-scoped sniper rifle of SRB2. If it hits, it hits. You dodge the opponent's crosshair, not the ring. I'm too much of a jittery twitch gamer to do well with a sniper weapon in a fast paced game like this... or am I? 8/10, with an extra point for the low fire rate balancing it.

Mmm... BOMBS!?: Sometimes even better for defending narrow corridors then the bounce ring, and is definitely faster than the mine... uh, grenade ring. Especially useful to the point of almost (but not quite) being a gamebreaker in the Lime Forest CTF map, although you do need to find it in the water passages. Watch out for me here, I'm not one to toot my own horn, but unless I'm having a bad day, my teammates aren't doing anything productive or you're an apprentice of Chuck Norris, you'll have a bad day. 9/10 because it's my personal favourite.

Scatter: Like a shotgun, it has a lot of punch close up - but this being SRB2, the spread is useful in it's own way, rather than a drawback. Being able to punt people far away with a direct hit doesn't hurt either, and nor does the epically stacking damage on Supers. 8/10.

Grenade: Useful for chokepoints and chases, but I have to say... overpowered? Really? Protip: you can even jump over them. But they are useful for putting in corners or blind spots. They can be annoying, but that's typically because everyone forgets about them, and don't dodge around like madbats drinking madsauce. 10/10, just because it needs more (PK) love.

Addendiums in bold, due to revelations/mind changes (but the scores have not changed one bit.)

And I need to mention, people going on and on about how good they are (oh look minor hypocrisy on my part) are the type I can't wait to face off against myself (knowing my SRB2ing luck the ping'll probably be high ¬_¬)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back