You know you play too much SRB2 when....

Status
Not open for further replies.
srb2dir.png

Honestly, that's mostly old data, archived copies of other files, and tons and tons of weird stuff I was given over the years, but yeah, it's rather large.

When you try to port SRB2 to the Nintendo Wii.
When you make cardboard starposts and even test it out.
Edit: I got another one! When you extract the random Ambience sound from the Music.dta and dance to it!

You know when you play too much SRB2 when all you think about is making things for it, and what you will do the next time you play, and who you will play with :lol: .

Also when you always want to play srb2 and all you play is srb2, and spend hours and hours on something you made, then relise its retarded and delete it..... Then you feel like starting it over, and repeat the proces over and overand ove and over.

glaber said:
When you think about how to turn other games' levels into srb2 levels.
See, I wish people would stop doing that. 100% of the time, the levels end up turning out crap.

Uggh, when you encouter an error in SRB2 that says something like "Sorry, we don't know what this error is." Stupid Chex Quest IWAD.....

Shuffle said:
glaber said:
See, I wish people would stop doing that. 100% of the time, the levels end up turning out crap.
we'll see if this contest reduces that percentage.

Shuffle said:
100% of the time, the levels end up turning out crap.

I wouldn't say that's true. Look at how Race Alley turned out. It is partially based off the HoverRace course with a similar name, which is filled with sharp turns, watery areas, and a large spiral staircase. Okay, so the part after the staircase was completely original, but hey, just goes to show that some designs do work in SRB2. And HoverRace's levels are built in a similar fashion to DooM or SRB2, so that works in its favor.

Shuffle said:
glaber said:
Explains why you're making "Better Mario Mode" for ShufflaRB2.

I'm not making any levels. Not to mention, MKB1 and 3 are not remakes of other levels.

The main problem when people port stages from other games into SRB2 is that they forget what mechanics in the original game make the stage good to begin with. For instance, in a game where the player cannot jump far, an open stage with small holes that block the player works fine, but in SRB2, those holes won't do a thing to stop the player. Just because a stage is fun and works in one game doesn't mean that you can just port it to another game without modifying the design and expect it to be just as fun.

It's almost always better to create an original design, and if you make something based off another map, do just that, "based off" instead of "ported verbatim".

When you can finish the game in evrey try and get the emeralds too and when it seems for you ultimate mode and very hard mode pieces of cake.

Silver Da Hedgehog said:
When you can finish the game in evrey try and get the emeralds too and when it seems for you ultimate mode and very hard mode pieces of cake.

True.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back