Would this be possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crüsäder

Okay, so I want to make a character, and his ability is homing thok. Is it possible to make him ONLY be able to thok if there's something to home into? Also, is it possible to change the sprites when he thoks? Thanks in advance.

No and no. 1.1 might have seperate thokking sprites though if I'm not mistaken.

Edit the source code. That's the only way.

Crüsäder said:
Okay, so I want to make a character, and his ability is homing thok. Is it possible to make him ONLY be able to thok if there's something to home into? Also, is it possible to change the sprites when he thoks? Thanks in advance.

I think it could be possible with a little bit of SOCcing and a certain character number. But your character HAS to be color none, and you have to make a freeslot item as thokitem&spinitem. The freeslot item has to push the character forwards. Normally if you thok, the item won't apear, but if you try to home in on something, it will apear, even though you have color set to none. Just set actionspd to 0 and you'll be hanging in the air with your thokitem apearing all the time. That thokitem pushes you forwards, but because of the homing is still in effect, you shouldn't shoot out of range and hit your opponent. It might also be best to make your thoksound a wave that plays nothing.

I haven't tried this out myself, but it might probably work.

As for the sprite thing, try using nojumpspin and use the spinjump SOC. You'll go into falling animations when you fall down. Normally, when you home, you home down, and you'll go into those falling animations as soon as you home. But thats not exactly what it should be, so lets just say seperate sprites for homing doesn't really work.

No, SMS. That will make the char air brake. Even if you do make a thok item push him, the thokspeed would probably still resist it.

What would happen if you turning homing on and actionspd to 0? what would happen when you thok nearby an enemy?

(I could try this myself to find out, but I'm to lazy at the moment and have other things to do)

Super mystic sonic said:
Crüsäder said:

I think it could be possible with a little bit of SOCcing and a certain character number. But your character HAS to be color none, and you have to make a freeslot item as thokitem&spinitem. The freeslot item has to push the character forwards. Normally if you thok, the item won't apear, but if you try to home in on something, it will apear, even though you have color set to none. Just set actionspd to 0 and you'll be hanging in the air with your thokitem apearing all the time. That thokitem pushes you forwards, but because of the homing is still in effect, you shouldn't shoot out of range and hit your opponent. It might also be best to make your thoksound a wave that plays nothing.

I haven't tried this out myself, but it might probably work.

As for the sprite thing, try using nojumpspin and use the spinjump SOC. You'll go into falling animations when you fall down. Normally, when you home, you home down, and you'll go into those falling animations as soon as you home. But thats not exactly what it should be, so lets just say seperate sprites for homing doesn't really work.

What do you mean the color has to be none? Blue is transparent, it won't work!

Erik the Red said:
What would happen if you turning homing on and actionspd to 0? what would happen when you thok nearby an enemy?

(I could try this myself to find out, but I'm to lazy at the moment and have other things to do)

You would hang in the air for a little while with smoke apearing all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back