Worst box arts ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikawil

I dunno. That PAL MM3 box art (without that Mega Monkey) looks ugly with that Dr. Wily on crack. (Will get pic soon.)

Anyways...

The Gallery of Hideous Box Arts!!

And I'd rather not see this...

AMERICANIZED

slps01919.jpg

slps01919b.jpg

EDIT: Here's your MM3 PAL box art, complete with Dr. Wily on crack and the Robot Masters' ugly mugshots!

MM3PAL1-box.jpg

Those things look creepy.

The new NES Bomberman box for the GBA looks like a Metroid copy. Box art for NES games are real bad......

Digiku said:
Haha. Mega Man 3? You make me laugh.
Try...

megamanbox_front.jpg

MEGA MAN 1

*reads box* HIGH-RESOLUTION GRAPHICS?

HIGH-RESOLUTION GRAPHICS!?!?!?!!

OMG

Now I bet the upcoming Mega Man collection won't beat this! (Well except MM7-8 and the arcade games)

Jake said:
Wasn't there one with a half-toothed farmer playing a banjo somewhere out in space?

I believe Gamespy had a top 10 list of the worst box arts ever. The one you're talking about is the 10th one on the list. (Take a wild guess at 1st place...)

And somehow related: Spring Man > j00.

Jake said:
Wasn't there one with a half-toothed farmer playing a banjo somewhere out in space?

Ya there was. I saw it in an old Game Informer magazine that I have. It had it in a section titled "Worst Box Art Ever" - or something like that.

The original Street Fighter box was crap (Capcom wanted to "Americanize" it).

LTS said:
Jake said:

Ya there was. I saw it in an old Game Informer magazine that I have. It had it in a section titled "Worst Box Art Ever" - or something like that.

The original Street Fighter box was crap (Capcom wanted to "Americanize" it).

Could you show me a pic of the SF box art?

And about that box art you're talking about, I believe the game was named Phalanx or something like that.

Aw, who cares about Box Art?
All you need is a title, a small description, a couple screenshots, and the system requirements.
But, I'm not trying to flame anyone, so I think I'll just stay put.

Box art is actually very important for getting the consumer to look at the game in the first place. Good box art can be the difference between being picked up and having the back looked at in the first place and just being ignored on the store shelf.

Mystic said:
Box art is actually very important for getting the consumer to look at the game in the first place.
Why would you want to do that? Isn't there the internet where you read about the game, and decide that you want to get it?
What about word of mouth?
But, I guess you're right. I mean, if the box art stinks, the game inside might stink.

Remember, hotdog, there are things like "kids" and "adults buying games for kids", who don't always read reviews, as stupid as that may be. For that group of people, having good box art is an important part of the buying process.

AW Man I wish I still had my SF game for genesis....I swear it wasn't me!........My DAD sold it! OK!? Are YOU happy now!? There I'm glad to get that off my chest. XD. I also lost my Sonic the HedgeHog 2 for genesis....Please don't kill me!

Wait I think the Box art was a guy punching another guy out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back