World of Warcraft, How many of you acctually play it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypershadow96

Deffinately FOE.
I do, I'm on the Realm Aegwind, Look for "Hypah"
Like, post the times your on and you Nickname/Realm, and a little info about your character If you want ^^'

I was never really a fan of the MMO genre. First one I played was RuneScape. Yeah, pretty much ruined it for me. WoW's userbase is the size of New York and Los Angeles put together, I really wonder what it is that's addictive about it.

I play WoW on the Retail server. My Horde character is on Azgalor. "Tcinossham" is the name.

I have two alliance characters on the server "Shadowmoon"

Sonictpal and Sonictmage are the characters.

Private servers just aren't good enough yet although Furyhunter does have his WoW private server running on srb2.org at any rate.

Do you really have to pay for WoW each month if you buy the disk? I'm considering playing it if I keep having problems with Flyff

I have a question: what is in a MMO that makes it addicting? When I played MMOs they were all pretty fun for about 3 hours, then got boring quickly. Then again, I've only played free MMOs.

sonic260 said:
Do you really have to pay for WoW each month if you buy the disk? I'm considering playing it if I keep having problems with Flyff

Yes. It costs you $15 a month. The reason you need to pay in the first place is for many reasons. You can buy a gametime card in stores that are two months worth which would cost you $30.

hypershadow96 said:
Guess I'm Not the only one!
And SRB2 has a Private Realm?
can you tell me how to get there if so?

http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=13875

Sonict said:
Yes. It costs you $15 a month. The reason you need to pay in the first place is for many reasons. You can buy a gametime card in stores that are two months worth which would cost you $30.

No thanks, then. It's gotta be pretty good if it sets you back $15 a month, though.

It's just another MMO. There's just so many problems with all of the free ones I've tried that WoW doesn't seem like it could be all that better. I'm not trying to say that WoW isn't fleshed out, but the core game mechanics of experience and questing suck.

The only reason you pay monthly is for the servers there hosting, you get someone to host using the exact same server data etc as the real server with the same speed there would be no reason to pay

I play it. I'm a Tauren Druid named Chuckkips. My server is Blackrock (I know...). Also, the type of Druid I am is a Feral Druid.

While you're saying what your characters are, I really suggest Armory. Sure, this link might look weird if I logged out with my healing gear on, but whatever.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowmoon&n=Mysticpriest

Chisuun said:
I have a question: what is in a MMO that makes it addicting? When I played MMOs they were all pretty fun for about 3 hours, then got boring quickly. Then again, I've only played free MMOs.
BlueZero4 said:
It's just another MMO. There's just so many problems with all of the free ones I've tried that WoW doesn't seem like it could be all that better. I'm not trying to say that WoW isn't fleshed out, but the core game mechanics of experience and questing suck.
The main difference I've found between WoW and the free MMOs is that WoW's combat is actually interesting. In my experience (correct me if I'm wrong about more of them, I've only played 3), most free MMOs basically have you spamming one or two spells or simply right clicking on the enemy for a melee class. Use healing potions as necessary.

WoW is not like that. Now I won't tell you it doesn't have grinding, because it sure as hell does, but the combat is actually enjoyable, especially in a group. It's also a hell of a lot more deep or complicated than any free MMO I've ever played, especially at the level cap.

http://mystic.sepwich.com/image/WoWScrnShot_101608_223524.jpg - Here's a screenshot of my guild's Brutallus kill last Thursday.
http://mystic.sepwich.com/image/WoWScrnShot_100508_223536.jpg - And a pre-3.0 screenshot of the Kalecgos fight.

Notice the insanely large number of icons on the bottom and right side of the screen. Pretty much all of those are spells or items, and I'd say I use about two-thirds of them on a pretty regular basis. In combat I have about 6-7 spells I normally use in every fight, and a lot more situational ones for specific kinds of fights. The reason my UI is so insanely cluttered and ugly is that my computer is barely powerful enough to run WoW at all, so I don't run particularly many mods.

On top of the insane number of abilities, pretty much all bosses in WoW are exceedingly complicated, with tons of interesting abilities of their own, and frequently multiple phases, adds (additional enemies that pull with the boss), or other gimmicks. Some raid bosses get to the point of being absolutely insane. Kael'thas comes to mind with his five phases and large quantity of adds.

None of the other MMOs I've ever played came anywhere close to the depth of the combat as WoW. Since they give you all of those abilities, one at a time, as you level up, you have time to learn how to use each of them, so it's not overwhelming looking at your insane bars when you have all that stuff. Add all this to the social interaction and the pure fun of trying to take down a boss with 25 people, and it's a game a lot of people, myself included, have gotten really addicted to.

I quit a long time ago(2 years?)

I was a mage and it was so much fun!

Its even better if you have friends playing!

I used to play it...70 Night Elf Druid...switched over to Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning with my friend Bonshea. Was tired of people openly hating RP on an RP server, and just the repetitive style of the game. And of course...the unbalanced BG wins.

Huge raids, 100 % drop rates for everything, badass armor, keeps, nice lore, real easy to level up, balanced classes...(BYE BYE ROGUES!)....Badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back