• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

World Adventure Sonic - Ps3/Xbox360 Sonic (I'm taking a break)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest a Wii/PS2 approach to the moveset, because at this point since this is the PS3/360 version of Unleashed Sonic, it is quite literally Modern Sonic 2. The only thing you'll really be adding is a Spinkick, and a Homing Attack mapped to Custom Action 1 and maybe a Quickstep. Though, I don't see how a Quickstep would fit in SRB2's level design at all.

I suggest a Wii/PS2 approach to the moveset, because at this point since this is the PS3/360 version of Unleashed Sonic, it is quite literally Modern Sonic 2. The only thing you'll really be adding is a Spinkick, and a Homing Attack mapped to Custom Action 1 and maybe a Quickstep. Though, I don't see how a Quickstep would fit in SRB2's level design at all.
Lets just think this:
MotDSpork Modern Sonic is a mix bettween every boost sonic game (like sonic generations), what you guys saying is that Unleashed Sonic is the same thing as MotDSpork Modern Sonic but... what of unleashed you see on it?
maybe the play style? no, it's generations mixed with colors play style
the hud? maybe, but is not accuarated
the drift? is generations drift and even it doesn't work at the same way as unleashed
maybe the Jason Griffith voice? is not like to much sonic games have his voice, even the mod had an command to change his voice ingame.

MotDSpork Modern Sonic is not the same as my Unleashed Sonic, them 2 have different play styles and abilities, different sprites and huds and maybe different sound effects.
you couldn't say them are the same or it's wrong when there even exist 2 adventure sonics (no recents), or maybe those multiple mods who uses vanilla sonic sprites and reusable lua.
cman, i'm being honest.

this just makes me think they don't want my mod to come true as it should be, it is even a problem for its development, I have not had enough motivation to continue just because people say it is a copy of MotDSpork Modern Sonic, i only want people accept my mod as the way i want to make it, i won't make it with ps2/wii play style or with different abilities or even different sprites.
as the same you respect other mods respect mine (this is for all people).

Last edited:
Lets just think this:
MotDSpork Modern Sonic is a mix bettween every boost sonic game (like sonic generations), what you guys saying is that Unleashed Sonic is the same thing as MotDSpork Modern Sonic but... what of unleashed you see on it?
maybe the play style? no, it's generations mixed with colors play style
the hud? maybe, but is not accuarated
the drift? is generations drift and even it doesn't work at the same way as unleashed
maybe the Jason Griffith voice? is not like to much sonic games have his voice, even the mod had an command to change his voice ingame.

MotDSpork Modern Sonic is not the same as my Unleashed Sonic, them 2 have different play styles and abilities, different sprites and huds and maybe different sound effects.
you couldn't say them are the same or it's wrong when there even exist 2 adventure sonics (no recents), or maybe those multiple mods who uses vanilla sonic sprites and reusable lua.
cman, i'm being honest.

this just makes me think they don't want my mod to come true as it should be, it is even a problem for its development, I have not had enough motivation to continue just because people say it is a copy of MotDSpork Modern Sonic, i only want people accept my mod as the way i want to make it, i won't make it with ps2/wii play style or with different abilities or even different sprites.
as the same you respect other mods respect mine (this is for all people).
It’s not that no one wants to not see your vision come to fruition, it’s just that you haven’t given enough details about how he’s going to play like. The reason why there’s many different vanilla Sonic’s is because they all have unique abilities that separate them visually. Your sprites are the most accurate to Modern Sonic’s design, but by planning to make it play like Unleashed presents multiple problems. First off, Unleashed is what started the Boost Formula. That’s what Spork’s Modern Sonic is: the Boost Formula. It takes the greatest part of each game to make one definitive Boost Formula Sonic. Unleashed Sonic sounds like he’s going to be very restricted in what he can do because he’s based solely on one game. You bring up the two Dreamcast Era based Sonic’s and how they’re very similar. That’s a different situation because Blur’s is taking select moves from SA1, SA2, and Heroes to make one character. MetalWario’s is taking inspiration from Adventure and Advance (I might be wrong on that). Both of them are also bringing very different things to the table that we’ve been able to see through their development leaks.

tl:dr Pleas communicate what you plan to do with the character. People are saying it’s too close to Spork’s because that’s all they know about it

It’s not that no one wants to not see your vision come to fruition, it’s just that you haven’t given enough details about how he’s going to play like. The reason why there’s many different vanilla Sonic’s is because they all have unique abilities that separate them visually. Your sprites are the most accurate to Modern Sonic’s design, but by planning to make it play like Unleashed presents multiple problems. First off, Unleashed is what started the Boost Formula. That’s what Spork’s Modern Sonic is: the Boost Formula. It takes the greatest part of each game to make one definitive Boost Formula Sonic. Unleashed Sonic sounds like he’s going to be very restricted in what he can do because he’s based solely on one game. You bring up the two Dreamcast Era based Sonic’s and how they’re very similar. That’s a different situation because Blur’s is taking select moves from SA1, SA2, and Heroes to make one character. MetalWario’s is taking inspiration from Adventure and Advance (I might be wrong on that). Both of them are also bringing very different things to the table that we’ve been able to see through their development leaks.

tl:dr Pleas communicate what you plan to do with the character. People are saying it’s too close to Spork’s because that’s all they know about it
i want make it the more accuarated possible as ps3 / xbox360 sonic unleashed
Post automatically merged:

i know that maybe sollar doesn't have sayed it with a bad intention but i'm tired to read people saying Unleashed Sonic is the same as MotDSpork Modern Sonic

i want make it the more accuarated possible as ps3 / xbox360 sonic unleashed

i know that maybe sollar doesn't have sayed it with a bad intention but i'm tired to read people saying Unleashed Sonic is the same as MotDSpork Modern Sonic
But by just making him PS3/X360, that makes him just a generic Modern Sonic. If you gave him the ability to actively transform into the Werehog whenever he wants, that would make him a more Unleashed Sonic. If you give players that option they would be more likely to accept this. You need to find ways to make him unique other than a sprite style

But by just making him PS3/X360, that makes him just a generic Modern Sonic. If you gave him the ability to actively transform into the Werehog whenever he wants, that would make him a more Unleashed Sonic. If you give players that option they would be more likely to accept this. You need to find ways to make him unique other than a sprite style

Hi, i had thinked on make a new thread cuz well... what i'll show is pretty updated than the other thread.
anways some time ago i was thinking on cancel this project but as how much of my ideas it was discarded and now it had turned into a vague idea which I am not considering at the moment. for the moment I want to indulge myself in what I can do until I can no longer continue, when I get stuck at an end point maybe i'll consider it.
anyways for what i come is show you the work i had in all those days.
what about starting with the CSS Art
View attachment 46636
well, make this art wasn't easy cuz I had already done a ton of CSS ART and never used one like the official one, for now I hope this be the official one, it gives me that sonic unleashed feel that I was looking for.

View attachment 46637
now i'll show you some of the progress i have with mod (some of you already have seen this), see it and if you like them make know it hehe (not really).

View attachment 46638
Make super sonic sprites was a quite easy cuz i already have standing sprites, i maked those using sonic colors super sonic as base (don't ask me why) and them sees pretty good for me (well almost).
View attachment 46639This is something i had maked some hours ago, i'm tryng to work on this mod in my free days (those on whenn i don't have homework, ¿why teachers send to much homework?)

Well that was all by this thread, have a good morning, day or night and remember drink water 😉
1624137516871.png

Uhhh.... yeah Generations moment

Ummm no offense but there's already a werehog and making the combat different than the other werehog would be the death of him since you require a bunch of lua scripting....

Ummm no offense but there's already a werehog and making the combat different than the other werehog would be the death of him since you require a bunch of lua scripting....
I’m fully aware that there’s another Werehog. If he’s determined enough to make Unleashed Sonic as 100% accurate as possible, then his best choice is to make a 100% accurate Werehog to go alongside it. Spork’s Modern Sonic requires a shit ton of lua scripting and I’ve seen him have mental breakdowns over it. The same would apply to Unleashed Sonic in his base form. If you want to make the best possible character you can, you have to actually work for it. So don’t come at me with that “That’ll be the death of him!” because it doesn’t matter at all in the slightest

I’m fully aware that there’s another Werehog. If he’s determined enough to make Unleashed Sonic as 100% accurate as possible, then his best choice is to make a 100% accurate Werehog to go alongside it. Spork’s Modern Sonic requires a shit ton of lua scripting and I’ve seen him have mental breakdowns over it. The same would apply to Unleashed Sonic in his base form. If you want to make the best possible character you can, you have to actually work for it. So don’t come at me with that “That’ll be the death of him!” because it doesn’t matter at all in the slightest
pls don't make me suffer 😭

pls don't make me suffer 😭
Ok, I’m trying to help you out here. I’m giving you constructive criticism and ideas on how to truly make this Unleashed Sonic. Regular Boost gameplay isn’t going to be any different than Spork’s so you’ll have to try to make something work here. I’ve already given you the idea of adding the Werehog and you should know that boost on its own is hell to go through. Coding takes hours to do for even the simplest things

Ok, I’m trying to help you out here. I’m giving you constructive criticism and ideas on how to truly make this Unleashed Sonic. Regular Boost gameplay isn’t going to be any different than Spork’s so you’ll have to try to make something work here. I’ve already given you the idea of adding the Werehog and you should know that boost on its own is hell to go through. Coding takes hours to do for even the simplest things
dont worry i have some good ideas, i've thinking this in maybe 2 months or more

dont worry i have some good ideas, i've thinking this in maybe 2 months or more
Again, it'd be great to actually hear those ideas instead of saying "yeah i have things planned".

Of course, if you want to keep them secret that's all fine and good - but then don't complain about people drawing the most obvious comparison to the current Modern Sonic that's released, because we literally have no other information to go off. All we see are different sprites that are cleaned up from a pre-render, and you keep throwing around the idea that it's not the same as Modern Sonic but refuse to explain how - y'know, show examples? Hell, even in one of your posts up there explaining why they're different you keep saying "maybe" like you're not even sure yourself.

Do... you have actual abilities planned? Or any plans at all other than the sprites? And by that I don't mean "I want to make it as accurate to PS3/Xbox unleashed sonic". Okay, then explain further? That's so broad and ambiguous that I'm not sure what to take from it lmao.

Again, it'd be great to actually hear those ideas instead of saying "yeah i have things planned".

Of course, if you want to keep them secret that's all fine and good - but then don't complain about people drawing the most obvious comparison to the current Modern Sonic that's released, because we literally have no other information to go off. All we see are different sprites that are cleaned up from a pre-render, and you keep throwing around the idea that it's not the same as Modern Sonic but refuse to explain how - y'know, show examples? Hell, even in one of your posts up there explaining why they're different you keep saying "maybe" like you're not even sure yourself.

Do... you have actual abilities planned? Or any plans at all other than the sprites? And by that I don't mean "I want to make it as accurate to PS3/Xbox unleashed sonic". Okay, then explain further? That's so broad and ambiguous that I'm not sure what to take from it lmao.
sometimes is better keep in silence

i won't say nothing, or show progress of the mod, any ideas, sprites, nothing about videos or show to friends, when i mean nothing is nothing.
don't ask me why, don't even try contact me.

i'll be back soon...

Last edited:
Like dude, at least don't end up putting this on an indefinite hiatus like OTHER character projects. It only makes people infuriated on what other projects (or just a single mod in general) your making look bad.

Like dude, at least don't end up putting this on an indefinite hiatus like OTHER character projects. It only makes people infuriated on what other projects (or just a single mod in general) your making look bad.
do you think I'm interested? the others just say that my mod in development looks like modern sonic just because yes, I don't know if they are even really comparing since there is no similarity between both mods.
We can take the 2 adventure sonics as an example, what is different about them? in the sprites, oh but sure, they will have the same abilities.
in this case nobody says nothing.

idk even what i want, i'm not having a good situation and all i want is just relax and when I feel better continue spriting casually

Last edited:
do you think I'm interested? the others just say that my mod in development looks like modern sonic just because yes, I don't know if they are even really comparing since there is no similarity between both mods.
We can take the 2 adventure sonics as an example, what is different about them? in the sprites, oh but sure, they will have the same abilities.
in this case nobody says nothing.

idk even what i want, i'm not having a good situation and all i want is just relax and when I feel better continue spriting casually
The two Adventure Sonic’s aren’t having the same abilities. They’re unique in both design and function. They are completely unique from each other in every aspect except the Eras that they originate from. Your Unleashed Sonic on the other hand doesn’t do anything that isn’t covered by Modern Sonic, unless you’re withholding that information. Don’t play the pity card because you’re trying to copy a mod or not wanting to give ideas that will differentiate the mods.

The two Adventure Sonic’s aren’t having the same abilities. They’re unique in both design and function. They are completely unique from each other in every aspect except the Eras that they originate from. Your Unleashed Sonic on the other hand doesn’t do anything that isn’t covered by Modern Sonic, unless you’re withholding that information. Don’t play the pity card because you’re trying to copy a mod or not wanting to give ideas that will differentiate the mods.
uh, idk what say, maybe I was a little misinformed about adventure sonics, my apologies.
oh well, my idea isn't copy "Modern Sonic", that's rude and i respect MotDSpork, i have a ton of things who difference the 2 mods, what about starting by the homing attack?
srb20066.gif

as you can see on this gif (my friend recorded it) sonic doesn't even have a double jump and his homing attack / homing dash is pretty different as MotDSpork Modern Sonic one, is a pretty primitive homing attack and i need polish it, i mean, the guy who helps me with lua (i won't say who he is) needs polish it "a little bit"
(Being honest looks more like a sonic 06 Homing).

going by the boost (not similar at all) it would be something simple with a total of 20 sprites:
4 For Front
4 For Lateral Front
4 For side
(You know what i mean)
It would have a controlled acceleration going slow at the beginning but at the end reaching high speeds just like in the original game and a effect of blur around the screen or something else.

Movement States: this mod would have 4 movement states, them are:
Walk (Cuz is funny walk, everyone likes walk)
Jogg 1
Jogg 2
Run (but, but... with hands closed)
In sonic unleashed for some reason sonic have 2 jogg states, it could be tedious to make but i could do it.

Quick step: Just a quick steep lmao everyone knows how it works, even sms have it (well almost)

Roll kick (?): that thing sonic do, like in sonic advance but in the floor.

Duck: yea, Sonic could duck but he would be able to crawl if he moves after he ducks, i know, that's pretty weird but i want add it cuz it is funny, as same as sonic unleashed on the ps2 with square button you can Duck, Drift and "slide on the floor" (whoever it calls)

Light dash: You haven't hear about this?, i've thinking on you could get this by getting the golden shoes or something else, it could make tedious for the player to find them, and yea make a save file for the character cuz nobody wants everytime go to find it for use it.

Werehog: i'm not sure but a friend say to me to make when sonic gets into castle eggman or deep sea turns into werehog. for now is just an idea.

There's more things but i don't want make the comment really long, there are some like a lobby mode who make sonic have all the abilities he have in apotos lobby or something else, (not really usefull). there's some ideas, ¿happy? cuz me yes

Some things may not have been understood well, I am not very good at speaking English

you want read more ideas? i have all day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back