• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost forgot to say that another "Mania Sonic" already exists, being a Dropdash, and "flying" with one of those bird things from Mirage Saloon.

I almost forgot to say that another "Mania Sonic" already exists, being a Dropdash, and "flying" with one of those bird things from Mirage Saloon.
Yes, that's the one with the mania sprites right?
Yes, it is the one with the mania sprites, it's a pack with all characters, it was covered by Blue Vivacity. Anywho, I wish the mod maker all the best in their endeavors.

You know D00D can see this? Sprite rips can be allowed unto releases, you just need stuff to back up the fact that it's a sprite rip ala RaySSTH.
1. Yes I know D00D can see it. I'm tryin' to make a funni. 2. Yes I know that rips are allowed on the MB, but that some people are not fond of them.

Regardless, the point remains, it'd be great if the character had a more unique moveset, otherwise there wouldn't be much separating it from other mods, this mod hasn't been the first Mania sprite rip and the moveset has been done before, not to say that every mod must be revolutionary, but it is something to consider.
Ah, my bad then. I thought this hadn't been done before. I guess I'll stop then, I really have no other ideas for moves. I really do want him to be unique, but giving him other moves that aren't in Mania just feels weird to me. If he has moves that aren't in Mania, then he isn't Mania Sonic. I guess I should really look around more to make sure a mod hasn't been done before I try to make one. Thanks for notifying me of this.

Last edited:
Ah, my bad then. I thought this hadn't been done before. I guess I'll stop then, I really have no other ideas for moves. I really do what him to be unique, but giving him other moves that aren't in Mania just feels weird to me. If he has moves that aren't in Mania, the he isn't Mania Sonic. I guess I should really look around more to make sure a mod hasn't been done before I try to make one. Thanks for notifying me of this.
You are correct, Mania moves do make him Mania Sonic, thanks for considering my little feedback, I wish you all the best on your next projects.

This is gonna be the first actual addon I make, and I'm a one man team so this might take a while. Right now I'm getting all of the sprites situated. I plan to include all of the abilities from Mania, including the unlockable ones. That means he'll have Drop Dash, Peelout, and Insta-sheild. Here's proof for right now that I'm making progress; and please leave your thoughts on this character I'm making down below. Oh, and also this'll be a 2d character due to me not being able to sprite good and limited sprites.View attachment 65484
Someone already made this before, and thats a kinda generic moveset

Yeah, I think he does mean that.
Post automatically merged:

This mod is canceled, mostly because a lot of people have done a way better job than I could before I even got the idea to make this mod. There's a lot of problems, limited sprites, and I can't compensate for that because I mostly suck at spriting. To quote one of my posts here, "On one hand, if I just use sprites, it'll be a sprite rip which I've seen most people aren't fond of. On the other hand, I don't want to release it with bad custom sprites." I'm absolutely not asking anyone for help because I have nothing to give. Really sorry for the paragraph, but to state again, this mod is canceled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back