Working FOFs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannyness

I've tried and tried again to get a basic, floating-platform FOF to no avail. I have tried the Wiki (I'm talking to you, Jazz) and many tutorials (Including SF94, thankyou SF94) but it's just... not working. Instead of the plain, still block of solidness I was aiming for, i'm just getting something that resembles a sector with a lowered roof. If somebody could please tell me what is going wrong, i'd be really grateful. Will add screenies ASAP.

Thanks for reading, and sorry for the stupid question ;+;

I'll run you through the steps for a simple shadowcasting block.

Make a sector on your map where you want the FOF to be. Set its sector tag to one.

Make another sector outside the map. Double-click on one of its linedefs, set its sector tag to one, and its linedef action to 25, Solid; Shadowcasting.

Set the floor and ceiling of THE SECTOR YOU MADE OUTSIDE THE LEVEL (called a "Control Sector") to the floor and ceiling heights where you want the block to reside. For instance, setting a floor of 256 and a ceiling of 512 will make a block starting at 256 and ending at 512. It will have the ceiling and floor flats of the control sector, and side textures of the linedef that you set earlier.

Hopefully that works.

Guys, could we be a little more specific? A floating platform is completely different than an FOF.

BlueZero4 said:
Guys, could we be a little more specific? A floating platform is completely different than an FOF.

I assumed she meant how to make a basic FOF.

Noting of course that a floating platform is a type of Floor Over Floor. I went ahead and ran through making a basic shadowcasting block under the assumption that it was what she meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back