Windows Vista: You got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ree-c said:
I doubt it'd crash *snap* like that. As far as I can tell, it's more stable than XP.

You're very very wrong. I had my XP system since '04. I got this machine packaged with Vista. XP never BSODed in those three years of ownership. Vista, in a very few months, BSODed so many times that I can't even count them.

FoxBlittz said:
So seriously, stop falling for Apple's lies, and stop buying their overpriced computers!

Oh no, not this Mac vs. Windows stuff again! You just won't be happy until Apple burns to the ground will you?

Edit: By the way, once I get a mac...I'M NEVER GOING BACK TO A PC AGAIN!

XP only did me 4 BSoD in all my life... Vista is crashing constantly xD

PeglegJimmy said:
Nev3r you lier! There isn't a BSOD in Vista! It's red now! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

Damn it, RSoD? That one appears normally when it's a critical error o.O

Apparently, the Red Screen of Death appeared in early versions of Windows Vista, not the current one, but that's just might be what I'm reading about Blue Scrrens of Death on Wikipedia last night.

And I have tried Vista before on an older computer. Doesn't have the "Are you sure you want to open this file?" thing and all that other crap, but that might also be me, as I only tried it for a bit. And I have XP on both of my dad's computers and I still have crappy Windows 98 on my own...

I doubt i'll get Vista, at least until a stable service pack is released. My main problem with Vista is program compatibility, as I remember trying Win2000 for the first time and lacking a single compatible program for the OS.

Eh. Time will tell.

Raise your hand if you bought a computer/laptop prebuilt and preinstalled with Vista...

Now keep your hand up if you had a BSOD.

Every desktop computer in my family is custom built, 3 of said computers have Vista Ultimate 32-bit on, those same three computers have yet to BSOD.

FoxBlitzz said:
Cheese, you are only proving my point. I argue that it's Apple's sneaky and false marketing that makes people switch, and what do you do? You ignore me and fall for their sugar-coated lies. Again.

Yes, I know they are lies (or most of them). But still Mac OS X doesn't get viruses, and I think that Macs are simpler. The only reason why I watch the Mac ads is because I think that they're funny, though a little over exaggerated.

I've had a Mac longer than I have had Windows. My Mac actually was a 9.2 until I updated it. I quite like my Mac, and I think it's a good computer, which is probably how you feel about Windows.

I now have a Windows XP because some of the programs and games I wanted to try would only work on Windows, and my some of my family thought Macs were too complicated because they'd used Windows all their life. And now I still like Macs but Windows too. I've found Windows XP seems to be better for games and programming, and Macs seem to be better for art and creative stuff.

I'm sure Apple also makes stuff that Windows users like. Almost everyone I know has an iPod, and iTunes of course. And they like their iPods. It's not the companies advertisements that make people buy stuff, it's the quality of their stuff.

I'd like Vista, but right now, my Mac, and Windows XP does what needs to be done.

Edit: The only reason why I use Safari is because I'm used to it. And yes, it is the internet browser that cuts off text on the bottom of my posts. So I'm thinking of switching back to FireFox.

Now let's get back on topic.

One reason I like Macs more than Windows Is that The OS-tans for Mac are cuter. (Mac9.1-tan, and OS leopard-tan)

Anyway I've never used Vista, but I'm thinking to get an XP laptop. Oh wait. I've used Vista. I like XP better. If I get an XP laptop I'm going to try to get XP-tan to greet me every time I turn it on.

Cheese said:
I've found Windows XP seems to be better for games and programming, and Macs seem to be better for art and creative stuff.

Games can't be creative?

nev3r said:
... What? I didn't understand nothing o.o'

OS-tans are human female versions of computers.

So, Windows: Gaming Mac: Pictures, Movies, Photos Linux: Programming? Damn, why don't they just make one giant OS. Call it.. Win..ac...ux....Winacux!

cueball61 said:
Raise your hand if you bought a computer/laptop prebuilt and preinstalled with Vista...

Now keep your hand up if you had a BSOD.

Every desktop computer in my family is custom built, 3 of said computers have Vista Ultimate 32-bit on, those same three computers have yet to BSOD.
QFT, Q.F.T!
I have so much trouble with pre-built computers at school and other places, but I RARELY have any problems with my PC, which is of course, custom built.
I wouldn't say Linux is for programming, I'd say Linux is for open source nuts.

Yeah, pre-built comps are messy little thing which aren't worth the dough you pay for. Well, unless you reinstall Windows on it, of course.

GCFreak said:
Yeah, pre-built comps are messy little thing which aren't worth the dough you pay for. Well, unless you reinstall Windows on it, of course.

And replace 90% of the case's contents.

FoxBlitzz said:
Cheese said:
I've found Windows XP seems to be better for games and programming

I thought programming was a Linux thing?

Well, I've never tried Linux, so I wouldn't know. But yeah, probably.

Chao Freak 1 said:
One reason I like Macs more than Windows Is that The OS-tans for Mac are cuter. (Mac9.1-tan, and OS leopard-tan)

Wow, that is such a great reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back