Windows 7 totally does not like SRB2.....

Eldritch64

WAS THAT THE BITE OF 87?
Hey so uhhh idk if this is the right place but SRB2 is running bad on windows 7
I tested SRB2 on a Windows 7 VM and the game runs badly since it won't show the game and only the window shell
Anyone know whats wrong or is it just the VM and screen size?
(Sadly I don't have any screenshots cause I can't find em)

In my experience, virtual machines are terrible at running games properly. Is there any particular reason you were doing this?

It's probably your VM. I have a friend that uses Windows 7 still and it works fine for him. I'd imagine some driver thing? Why aren't you just running the game on your host operating system?

It's probably your VM. I have a friend that uses Windows 7 still and it works fine for him. I'd imagine some driver thing? Why aren't you just running the game on your host operating system?
This is me she's talking about and yeah, it's probably a driver issue as even in software mode srb2 still uses DirectX 9 under the hood due to SDL2

Maybe you're using some exotic OS like, I dunno FreeBSD or something where you can't compile it natively. Even then, if you're using such an OS wouldn't you end up passing your GPU through to the VM via PCIe passthrough features? Kinda getting off topic, but I don't see a realistic situation where you'd need SRB2 running well in a Win7 VM outside of a few specialized cases.

Maybe you're using some exotic OS like, I dunno FreeBSD or something where you can't compile it natively. Even then, if you're using such an OS wouldn't you end up passing your GPU through to the VM via PCIe passthrough features? Kinda getting off topic, but I don't see a realistic situation where you'd need SRB2 running well in a Win7 VM outside of a few specialized cases.
I don't really have a reason, I just wanted to see how it works, it makes sense to me because VMs can't run games that well

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back