Wind/Current/Conveyer Sector Specials

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJames19119

Why did they remove Grey
I've always wondered why we've had them. I'm not much of a technical person when it comes to the source code but I'm wondering why they're mandatory for linedef specials of the same properties to work. If we didn't need these specials we could have a starpost activator sector that's a conveyer belt, an electrical water current and a linedef executor in windy conditions. Why is it required to have these? Thanks.

Well, what they DO is that they cause the player to not be treated as they're moving for purposes of animation, and fixes the physics a tad. Hence, if you stand on a conveyor belt, if it's tagged with the sector type, Sonic will stand; if you don't tag it, Sonic will walk along with the conveyor belt.

I do agree, if this could be changed, it would be beneficial, but for some purposes you can just ignore it and nobody will be the wiser.

1.1 fixes this. You can have up to 4 different specials in one sector. (one from each of four categories)

*makes a sector with Electrical Damage/Conveyor Belt/Linedef Executor/Starpost Activator*

SSNTails said:
1.1 fixes this. You can have up to 4 different specials in one sector. (one from each of four categories)

ogawd

Wonderful. now I can see why there has to be a program that "fixes" levels for 1.1. You're nearly rewriting the whole map structure. D:

JJames19119 said:
Wonderful. now I can see why there has to be a program that "fixes" levels for 1.1. You're nearly rewriting the whole map structure. D:

Nope, it's the same format, believe it or not.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Can't you tag the sector with multiple intangible FOF blocks?

That's a pain and you're not exactly standing on it. Besides, what if one of your effects is to change the floor height?

Sonicandtails218 said:
Flame_the_hedgehog said:

That's a pain and you're not exactly standing on it. Besides, what if one of your effects is to change the floor height?

Then you also need to have in the executor where it moves the invisible FOFs to match, hahaha. ;)

Ya know, something tells me you could just have your FOFs prepared for that before hand. Like, if your floor lowers, your FOFs would reach the future floor initially.

SSNTails said:
Sonicandtails218 said:
Flame_the_hedgehog said:

Then you also need to have in the executor where it moves the invisible FOFs to match, hahaha. ;)

Which is why if your proposed multiple effects thing works as I think it does, I'll be happy and less frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back