Winamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow PC: WMP
Fast PC: WA
As you can guess, Winamp guzzles more memory :)

I only use Winamp for radio DJing personally.

To me, classic Winamp skins are far too small. And because of their unadjustable size, people tend to make artwork wrap from the main window to the equalizer window, which means it's cut off if you remove the equalizer window.

Also: Lawl at Billy being minimalistic. Can it even play videos? Non-standard formats? Video and audio streams? Didn't think so. Also, I find that skins, MP3 tags, and equalizers are a pretty important part of any media player. They're pretty much standard in most players these days.

Not that it matters, but I thought I'd submit this anyway. Winamp 2.95 running with an xbox hueg playlist and god knows how many plugins loaded: roughly a 7.3 MB working set according to process explorer. Windows Media Player (whichever version comes with XP SP2) freshly loaded with nothing playing: almost twice that, at around 12 MB. Mostly due to that fancy freeform skin, I would assume.

Again, it doesn't even really matter. Each one is responsive and plays media just as well as the other. It is merely a matter of taste. So either way, it's silly to claim that either one is "slow" or "fast". Myself, I like simple interfaces, so Winamp's classic skin layout works just fine for me.

Wow, I am impressed of what conversation I have created. I think that I only use Winamp for important reasons.

FoxBlitzz said:
Also: Lawl at Billy being minimalistic. Can it even play videos? Non-standard formats? Video and audio streams? Didn't think so.
I know, isn't it wonderful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back