Will..the srb2 fanbase die..and eventually servers going dow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

Well will it?
Servers have to stop sometime.
And after 10 years no one wants to play.

What do you think will happen?
Discuss

Re: Will..the srb2 fanbase die..and eventually servers going

Autosaver said:

SRB2 is almost 11 years old. People are still playing.

fawfulfan said:
If I have anything to say about it, SRB2 will never die.
This.

Also, no, SRB2 will always have someone working on it and developing it - if only to shove it up Sega's ass.

SSNTails said:
SRB2 is almost 11 years old. People are still playing, making levels, participating in contests, making SOCs, creating Community Builds, writing wiki articles, releasing MODs and... and... I forgot something else?
Fixed.

SSNTails said:
Autosaver said:

I mean 10 years after 1.1

Ok...I''ll extend it.
50 years after 1.1
Sepwich is eventually going to die...and so is SSNTAILS,Mystic and other developers...
And then Alam goes down too with the servers... D:

Autosaver said:
SSNTails said:
Autosaver said:

Ok...I''ll extend it.
50 years after 1.1
Sepwich is eventually going to die...and so is SSNTAILS,Mystic and other developers...
After that SRB3 will be out and we wont be using the internet, (serious anser) the SRB2 fanbase will decrease slightly, but won't vanish, there is still people playing it today and its 11 years old.

Like me, I may have not been on the MB for as long as 11 years, but I've played SRB2 since the Begining of Time :P

super said:
Autosaver said:
SSNTails said:
Autosaver said:

Ok...I''ll extend it.
50 years after 1.1
After that SRB3 will be out and we wont be using the internet, (serious anser) the SRB2 fanbase will decrease slightly, but won't vanish, there is still people playing it today and its 11 years old.

Um...Thats because the games not out....and we're all hyped.

*removes quote pyramid from response*
Autosaver, Their kids will discover the incomplete work odf their fathers/mothers (not intirely sure what some of the makers are), and will seek to continue this masterpiece that their parents began long ago. STJr Jr will be even greater than STJr! [/prophecy]*annihilated*

I doubt it, back on srb2 he won't change at all, In reality? He'd still be the same, I mean, what did you think she was interested in anyways? His...um...shoes?

Eliwood said:
I doubt it, back on srb2 he won't change at all, In reality? He'd still be the same, I mean, what did you think she was interested in anyways? His...um...shoes?

Maybe.

Also, I think autosaver meant about maybe 10 years after 1.1. I don't know about that... I mean, it's possible but eventually the people making wads and socs and everything will start going down. But like SADX PC, a lot of people still make hacks for it, and how many years has it been since it came out?

Jellybones69 said:
Eliwood said:

Maybe.

Also, I think autosaver meant about maybe 10 years after 1.1. I don't know about that... I mean, it's possible but eventually the people making wads and socs and everything will start going down. But like SADX PC, a lot of people still make hacks for it, and how many years has it been since it came out?

hell, by ten years, I'll be making kick ass Mods left and Right, each one different, have you head of Megaman Powered up? I make stages for that, I've had 20 different people play this one stage I made called "Icy Path" And they said that it was Don't evade the curse filter difficult and Extremley Unique.

Autosaver said:

50 years down the line, I think we'd all like to think they'd still be alive, just in their 70s...

Like they said, inheritance. SRB2 will be no more though, a photo realistic version with slopes will be out in 50 years time.

Autosaver said:

They're on srb2.org now.

Cue said:
Autosaver said:

50 years down the line, I think we'd all like to think they'd still be alive, just in their 70s...

Like they said, inheritance. SRB2 will be no more though, a photo realistic version with slopes will be out in 50 years time.

And it will be behind the times.

It will have been ported to id Tech 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back