Wiki not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, yesterday (I think), instead of an evil, horrible, dispicable (probably mispeled) "404 Error!", it showed that the Wiki was being "repaired", and it said that it would be back in a few hours. It said that that message had been posted at 9:00.
But know... It might still be in "repairs", but they must have done something wrong!

Oh no, the poor wiki!... Oh wait:

The SRB2 Wiki is currently undergoing maintenance. Access will possibly be restored soon.

-Digi
9/10/2007 9:00PM EDT

-Hello from DW! ~~

-- Hay guys. It’s Spazzo. ;) --

What?! You guys weren't supposed to close this then! -Digi
9/12/2007 3:30AM EDT

Wiki maintenance is half-complete. What has occurred so far:

* Full directory backup before maintenance. Excludes images/.
* Completely deleted old MediaWiki 1.5 installation.
* Full database backup.
* Full database restore on a new DB. The "text" table's (i.e. all page content) integrity may not be complete, but for the most part should be okay.
* Installed new version MediaWiki 1.11.0.
* Did quick content and software checks.
* Reintegrated SSNTails's login check into the software. A rough edge or two, but otherwise functional.

What's left to do:

* Install optional (yet useful) extensions and do miscellaneous prep-ups on the Wiki.
* Re-open the Wiki. Taunt the users that I've been listening to Britney Spears the entire time (well, not entirely.)

I hope access to be restored by the evening of 9/12 or morning of 9/13, EDT. My apologies.

--Digi 9/12/2007 11:50AM EDT

Yeah, all we're doing is updating the MediaWiki version, hence the downtime. It should be back up and running within the week, hopefully.

If all else fails, you can access the Google archive of the wiki if it is down. You'll get a slightly outdated version, but it will do if you cannot access the current wiki.

Kaysakado said:
What does "Optimum Online" have to do with this?
It's from a commercial. :) I guess only people from the New York tri-state area would get that one.

In all seriousness, though, wiki maintenance is close to done. I'm just installing some new things and we should be able to go live in... oh, four, maybe five hours. Or seven.

CocoaDude said:
I've been trying to use the wiki and it gives me a "404 Not Found" page. What happened to it?

Dude, don't ask stupid questions like that here. Read the Wiki!

Digiku said:
Kaysakado said:
What does "Optimum Online" have to do with this?
It's from a commercial. :) I guess only people from the New York tri-state area would get that one.

In all seriousness, though, wiki maintenance is close to done. I'm just installing some new things and we should be able to go live in... oh, four, maybe five hours. Or seven.

Heh, maybe we'll just resort to a new "wiki down for maintenance" screen every day to keep them occupied from now on, huh? =P

He had made another usergroup called Users, but still gives him admin status. Or he really did become a User....

EDIT:He is a Admin, but has both statuses. I guess the latest one "over takes it".

I said:
If all else fails, you can access the Google archive of the wiki if it is down. You'll get a slightly outdated version, but it will do if you cannot access the current wiki.

Turns out I was wrong. For some reason, I can find the archive, but it only has the main page. The Wayback Machine has failed me...

The wiki is back up. Maintenance procedures are complete and, among other assets, the software was upgraded and new features were added!

That should be the end of that blackout. Sorry for any inconvenience, guys.

supersonic45 said:
He had made another usergroup called Users, but still gives him admin status. Or he really did become a User....

EDIT:He is a Admin, but has both statuses. I guess the latest one "over takes it".

Custom User Title.

How to get:
1. Flood the admins with requests to change your user title for you.
2. Get banned for flooding them with requests.
3. Get a life :D
4. Wait for your ban to be over.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back