Wii Forecast Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Than you can hack it. Hurrays for the Action Replay that is destined to be made for Wii.

BlueZero4 said:
Or you could change to a fake location. Wouldn't that be easier?

That is a very good idea, does the forecast channel have support for everywhere?

Edit: I didn't read the article, lol. It answered my question.

Shuffle said:
I don't' imagine most people live in places where weather is always the same.

I live in California, so its basically the same except for temperature changes, and the occasional rain.

Well, that's different weather, isn't it? It's sunny, it's cloudy, it's rainy. All that's missing is snow.

Draykon said:
Well, obviously the games can access it, and change the weather ingame based on the weather outgame.

Yer well that would spoil most games because usally when you get to the scary parts theres a thunder storm, Just imagine the most evil person on earth laughing his head of because he had created the ultimate wepon in a feild of flowers on a nice sunny day. The only game this feature suits is nintendogs.

Of course certain weather works best with certain plot points. But I wouldn't imagine that real-time weather change would be used for applications like that.

Real-time weather change would be most appropriate, and would probably be exclusively used, for the more superficial settings, like sports games such as Madden.

The Yellow Blue Dude said:
Draykon said:
Well, obviously the games can access it, and change the weather ingame based on the weather outgame.

Yer well that would spoil most games because usally when you get to the scary parts theres a thunder storm, Just imagine the most evil person on earth laughing his head of because he had created the ultimate wepon in a feild of flowers on a nice sunny day. The only game this feature suits is nintendogs.
They'd obviously not use it in games where it can "Spoil" things. Think about games where it doesn't matter. Everybody was (for some reason) amazed at Sonic 360 having time changing (that was removed, wasn't it?). Well, platformers can't really be ruined by that. And Animal Crossing could actually have weather that is relevant to your location. If you don't like the weather in your town, go to somebody else's town.
More what I'm thinking about is the OTHER possibilities, though. We already know that games can access the Forecast Channel and the Mii Channel. What other channels might they have that will add to gameplay?

The news channel might be a factor in the upcoming The Sims, but that's a stretch...

Guys, notice how you can scroll over to reveal two more pages of empty channels. I just hope that Nintendo starts to rack out as many new channels/features as they did with the virtual console.

Yeah, the channels are what they like to call "Wii Ware", I guess. The Internet Channel will be able to be downloaded from the Wii Ware section tomorrow. Hopefully they will have a lot more of these Wii Warez in the future. But what else could be of use? I suppose they could have a media channel for playing music and movies off an SD card. Or do you think that's a stretch?

I'm hoping for a Mii Version 2, amongst other little things, such as a Wifi Channel, Nintendo Power Channel, Music channel...
I guess it's up to Nintendo, and their creative minds to really think up a storm with this baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back